Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: FEL Connections

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-12-2019 @ 06:26 PM
    Thanks

FEL Connections

Has anyone modified the Hydraulic connections on the 1026r for the FEL to make it easlier for the hose connections. It is really hard to make the connections, especially for the black. I usually don;t like to disconnect because it such a pain switching between the FEL and the mower. I didn't know if there is a way to rotate the unit some without messing up the mount on the floorboard.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    2012 JD 1026R, 60D MMM w/ Mulch Kit and Auto PTO, H120 FEL w/ Ken's bolt on Hooks,
    3pt Receiver Hitch, JD Ballast Box w/ 700#'s

52" Ratchet Rake
    48" Everything Attachments XTreme Duty Box Blade & Pine Rake
    Woods/Speeco 3-Pt QH
    Heavy Hitch Bucket Tooth Bar,

Artillian 36" Forks
    Frontier LR5060 Landscape Rake

2014 JD X324, 48" Deck w/7 Bushel Hopper, Blower Assembly & Power Flow Chute, Dump from Seat

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:27 AM
    Thanks
    They should go in very easily actually. Do you connect the yellow and black one's first and work back towards you? I start with the farthest one on the bottom and work counter clock wise. I think the order is yellow, black, blue, red. Although sometimes I do the blue one last. Takes me about 20 seconds.

Is it a problem with pressure in the lines?
    Fungus likes this.
    2016 1025R, FEL, 60" MMM, Artillian 42" forks, Artillian loader bucket, Frontier 48" box blade, Turftime 54E plug aerator, I-Match, everything Heavy Hitch makes, everything Ken's Bolt On makes...

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    No, it's the location of connections themselves. It is very tight to fit the hose connection and then slide the sleeve. I always move the control around to release the pressure. I think the conection on the tractor should be at a different angle or different location on the floor board. I tried to use pressure gage from KBOH and had a really hard time getting that to go into the connection because of spacing or lack there of. I think it was poor design location.
    2012 JD 1026R, 60D MMM w/ Mulch Kit and Auto PTO, H120 FEL w/ Ken's bolt on Hooks,

52" Ratchet Rake
    Woods/Speeco 3-Pt QH

Artillian 36" Forks

2014 JD X324, 48" Deck w/7 Bushel Hopper, Blower Assembly & Power Flow Chute, Dump from Seat

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 08:50 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dtg1026r View Post
    No, it's the location of connections themselves. It is very tight to fit the hose connection and then slide the sleeve. I always move the control around to release the pressure. I think the conection on the tractor should be at a different angle or different location on the floor board. I tried to use pressure gage from KBOH and had a really hard time getting that to go into the connection because of spacing or lack there of. I think it was poor design location.
    I think that they probably were most concerned about making it a safe spot for their hoses to exist and it had to be near the frame connection. Some tractors have a system where all the hose couple and uncouple as a unit. That would be worth doing if it's possible.
    Wayne

2016 1025 R (Mr. Green Genes)
    H-120 53" Front End Loader
    D-60 Mid Mount Mower
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks Combo Deal!!
    i-match quick hitch
    JD ballast box
    Heavy Hitch Receiver
    CMP Dethatcher
    TSC Middle Buster
    King Kutter 48" Rotary Cutter
    4' Tiller Country Way
    Extended Hook and adjustment pins

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,079 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Do you have a cab on your machine?
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Thanks
    With the tractor off right?

Sometimes people miss that little detail.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    No, regular 1026r. I am trying to see if I can move the connections a little. The back connections are usually the hardest(black & yellow). It may be the angle of the FEL connections. I just thing JD could have designed the connections better.

52" Ratchet Rake
    Woods/Speeco 3-Pt QH

Artillian 36" Forks

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,657 Times in 1,256 Posts
    No, regular 1026r. I am trying to see if I can move the connections a little. The back connections are usually the hardest(black & yellow). It may be the angle of the FEL connections. I just thing JD could have designed the connections better.
    It's not so much the design of the connections as much as it is the lack of room to get your fingers in there. It's a similar situation on other models as well. I wish they would have spaced the quick connects out just a wee bit more.
    jdforever, bvbearcat and Kbar like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

dtg1026r(08-02-2019)

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    09-30-2019 @ 03:11 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    It's not so much the design of the connections as much as it is the lack of room to get your fingers in there. It's a similar situation on other models as well. I wish they would have spaced the quick connects out just a wee bit more.
    Completely agree jgayman, I have to use a pair of channel locks... can't get my sausage fingers in there.
    2017 2032R (Gen2)
    FEL (220r) w/57" Bucket and 48" forks
    60D AutoConnect MMM

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:52 PM
    Thanks
    Blow the fittings male and female completely clean, if the pressure is off it should only take the tips of your fingers to pull the sleeve back and the pressure from the male end will snap it shut, when you push it in.

If its taking effort something is dirty....IMHO
    Last edited by chex313; 08-01-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    bama1025r likes this.
    Dave's 2012 1026R TLB,54"MMM Auto Attach,Ken's hooks&clevis,Artillian 36' Forks and a KennyPedal WH 520H 48" Snow Blade,48" Deck379 Peterbuilt (3 Million Miles in a big truck)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast