Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 1025r: Deck won't raise/lower.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 11:11 AM
    Thanks

1025r: Deck won't raise/lower.

I was trying to reconnect my deck (drive over auto connect) and it wouldn't catch. When I looked under the tractor I noticed that the mechanism isn't raising and lowering. Everything looks ok down there. Anything I should check?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-05-2019 @ 06:30 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundchasr View Post
    I was trying to reconnect my deck (drive over auto connect) and it wouldn't catch. When I looked under the tractor I noticed that the mechanism isn't raising and lowering. Everything looks ok down there. Anything I should check?
    1st, does the rear PTO lower and raise? These work in conjunction or at least I have not found a way to isolate the mid-mount from the rear as I believe they are one connected function.

If the rear PTO works then I assume you can isolate the issue then to the mid-mount area. From there I have no idea as to linkage issues or what because I have yet to climb under my machine to inspect it closely being it is fairly brand new.

Hopefully someone can chime in that has encountered the same issue.

* I assume you checked the hydraulic fluid level????
    chex313 likes this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Thanks
    First I will ask the obvious so don't take offense. Is the deck height knob turned to the install position? What type of deck lift system do you have? If you have the standard mechanical lift do your 3 point lift arms work? How about your rate of drop control knob?
    Last edited by jimmylh; 08-03-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Thanks
    I agree with jimmylh on the height adjustment knob, and the rate of drop knob. The rate of drop knob is located just above the floor boards directly below the operators seat. (just in case you weren't aware). That's the first thing that i'd check if your 3pt hitch arms aren't going down.
    glc and chex313 like this.
    2018 JD 1025r, 54" mower deck, backhoe, front-end-loader, Braber Equipment post hole auger, 9 and 12" augers,
    1999 +/- Craftsman lawn tractor, 46" mower deck.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Thanks
    Also...If you had the hydraulic lines off for a loader or for some other reason...Make sure the yellow is clean and seated. Or what ever line you use for the MMM. If its ajar it will not work. Or I mean the Deck function on mine I use the yellow for that.
    Last edited by chex313; 08-03-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    Dave's 2012 1026R TLB,54"MMM Auto Attach,Ken's hooks&clevis,Artillian 36' Forks and a KennyPedal WH 520H 48" Snow Blade,48" Deck379 Peterbuilt (3 Million Miles in a big truck)

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    10-05-2019 @ 06:30 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    First I will ask the obvious so don't take offense. Is the deck height knob turned to the install position? What type of deck lift system do you have? If you have the standard mechanical lift do your 3 point lift arms work? How about your rate of drop control knob?
    Jimmy is right. I had this happen once and it finally dawned on me to look at the knob after scratching my head. But if that is not the culprit does your rear 3 pt. lower/raise????

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the replies. I just got back to see them. I found a sheared off bolt where I had the tractor parked.

When I was trying to attach and lift the deck I heard a loud bang. I'm assuming it was this bolt. Unfortunately, I can't figure out where it came from. I've looked everywhere!

Does anyone have a video of the deck mechanism going up and down? Maybe then I could see the part that isn't connected and moving....

Thanks, again!

EDIT: The rear PTO works. Just the deck raise/lower doesn't. And I checked all the other suggestions.
    Last edited by Soundchasr; 08-03-2019 at 07:35 PM.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundchasr View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I just got back to see them. I found a sheared off bolt where I had the tractor parked.

When I was trying to attach and lift the deck I heard a loud bang. I'm assuming it was this bolt. Unfortunately, I can't figure out where it came from. I've looked everywhere!

Does anyone have a video of the deck mechanism going up and down? Maybe then I could see the part that isn't connected and moving....

Thanks, again!

EDIT: The rear PTO works. Just the deck raise/lower doesn't. And I checked all the other suggestions.
    What type of mower lift system do you have? Mechanical, using the rockshaft lever? Hydraulic, using the loader control SCV joystick? Independent, using a switch on the dash? Most of the lift parts are the same, but there are certain differences between the systems that may help us help you. Also, any pictures you can post could be helpful. The sheared bolt, the underbelly showing the linkage from different angles, the autoconnect shaft, etc. Pictures of the deck too, we can see if there is any damage to that.
    W9GFO and theduke like this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    I believe I have the mechanical (the 3 point hitch moves with the mower deck - lever is on right of seat). I will grab some pics tomorrow. Thanks!

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:19 PM
    Thanks
    couple other questions... did you you recently service or have serviced? you didn't state your hours of operation either. I had the exact issue on my February 2019 production TLB. Before I greased the PTO shaft at 20 hours the rockshaft lever would drop the 3pt arms but not the deck linkage. all I did was pull up and down on the linkage with the rockshaft engaged and greased. the weight of the deck is sufficient to drop but not the linkage. in my case it was simply lack of lubricant. be advised when you watch these quick attach YouTube videos....they back off then drive on and never touch rockshaft lever that way it's perfectly lined up to look super easy.
    kylew and Soundchasr like this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to redshale For This Useful Post:

Soundchasr (08-04-2019)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast