• 4 Post By martincom

Thread: SCV to mechanical deck lift.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:12 PM
    Thanks

SCV to mechanical deck lift.

Hey guys,

I've tried searching but didn't see this exact issue so I'm just going to post it. Just picked up a used 1026r with the 60" auto connect deck. It's currently configured to use the loader SCV but I'm not crazy about that. Is there a way to just use the mechanical lift? I don't see myself using a 3pt attachment when I mow and I'd like to avoid having to commandeer the loader hydraulics. Anyone done this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson32 View Post
    Hey guys,

I've tried searching but didn't see this exact issue so I'm just going to post it. Just picked up a used 1026r with the 60" auto connect deck. It's currently configured to use the loader SCV but I'm not crazy about that. Is there a way to just use the mechanical lift? I don't see myself using a 3pt attachment when I mow and I'd like to avoid having to commandeer the loader hydraulics. Anyone done this?
    I am sure you can convert to a mechanical lift but you would need to obtain the parts that make up the linkage to the rockshaft. Those parts won't be present when you have the "hydraulic" lift installed.
    kylew likes this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by W9GFO View Post
    I am sure you can convert to a mechanical lift but you would need to obtain the parts that make up the linkage to the rockshaft. Those parts won't be present when you have the "hydraulic" lift installed.
    That stinks, I assumed that since the Mechnical lift was the factory default that it would be present.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson32 View Post
    That stinks, I assumed that since the Mechnical lift was the factory default that it would be present.
    I would think the reason that part of it would be removed when there is a hydraulic option, so the unhooked parts attached to the rockshaft won't be flopping around get hung up in stuff. I had the independent lift kit installed on mine when I bought it. I noticed the other day there is an arm attached to the left side of the rockshaft with an empty hole. That would be where the linkage used to be going to the deck. The dealer kept those parts as I wasn't given them.
    Last edited by jimmylh; 08-06-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    kylew likes this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:58 AM
    Thanks
    I converted my 2012 1026R scv controls to mechanical lift as you want to do on yours. You have additional mechanical linkage parts that need to be purchased and installed and the hydraulic lift cylinder must be removed which requires the platform to be removed to do the conversion. It is not that difficult to do, I think it took me around 1-1/2hrs. to complete.
    the parts cost about $200.00 back in 2012.
    Last edited by Vern1026R; 08-06-2019 at 03:45 PM.
    W9GFO and kylew like this.
    Vern

[COLOR="#008000"]2012 1026R w/loaded R3's, H120 FEL, Artillian forks, Ken's hooks, auto 54D mower deck, 54 front quick hitch blade
    Heavy Hitch front weight bracket, Omni Transformer hitch and subsoiler, 8-42lb. hang on weights, psrumors seat spring upgrade, Land Pride 54" box blade, Frontier LR2060 landscape rake, J.D. IMatch, Bxpanded tooth bar, backhoe thumb and quick change b/h bucket adapter, recently added 260 backhoe and gently used JD 647 tiller.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Thanks
    Let's trade. I have the parts you need for the Mechanical Lift, from my 1025Rs. I'll trade them for your hydraulic parts. I'll pay hte shipping from me to you. You pay the shipping from you to me.
    glc, DRobinson, W9GFO and 1 others like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    Let's trade. I have the parts you need for the Mechanical Lift, from my 1025Rs. I'll trade them for your hydraulic parts. I'll pay hte shipping from me to you. You pay the shipping from you to me.
    This is intriguing. I'm in st paul actually so I'm not terribly far from you. Shipping wouldn't be detrimental. Let me think on this and I'll get back to you!

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements