Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: 1025R wheel spacers

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 08:19 AM
    Thanks

1025R wheel spacers

Looking at brotex wheel spacers, is 1.5" the thickest recommended and are there other brands?
    wentonbrown likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Thanks
    Not sure of how brands translate from cars & trucks to tractors but, on a car or truck, Id never use anything but BORA spacers. They are probably the most (or among the most) expensive around but, you get what you pay for when you buy their brand.

The fact that tractors go much slower though, and you aren't worried about going 75 MPH around curves, I'm sure other brands may be just fine for a tractor. Im sure others will chime in though before you pull the trigger on which ones to buy.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,551 Times in 1,272 Posts
    Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech

Excellent product and great customer service, before and after.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    I have a question...... why put wheel spacers on a 1025R?

I am having a hard time to see the advantage in adding 1 1/4" width to the stance of the tractor. My yard is seriously sloped and I mow across it and have no problems, other than staying in the seat. In fact, if the grass is too wet, the tractor will slide side ways, not tip. Now, I do have my rear tires filled with beet juice but no wheel weights.

If it is to install tire chains, I have a BH on my 1025R with R4 tires. Yes, you have to be careful to install the chains in the grooves but they work without spacers.

I'm just asking, don't throw anything!! Convince me.......
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    I have the FILB with beet juice in tires. When turning on my slopes I hear and feel my lugs slightly rubbing on BH mounting frame regardless what I have mounted. I don't really have a stability issue.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post

I am having a hard time to see the advantage in adding 1 1/4" width to the stance of the tractor. My yard is seriously sloped and I mow across it and have no problems, other than staying in the seat. In fact, if the grass is too wet, the tractor will slide side ways, not tip. Now, I do have my rear tires filled with beet juice but no wheel weights.

If it is to install tire chains, I have a BH on my 1025R with R4 tires. Yes, you have to be careful to install the chains in the grooves but they work without spacers.

While you tractor is sliding down the slope, a wheel could contact an obstacle thus possibly tipping. Now I'm not saying that spacers would stop that from happening, but a little insurance can't hurt. I have 2" Bora spacers on my 1025R, and it makes a tremendous difference in stability.

To address OP's question, the width of spacers is dependent on whether or not he has a MMM and what width it is. Not positive, but I think 1-1/4" spacers are the maximum width for a 54" deck. There are threads on this forum addressing the issue of width when combined with MMM's.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    I do not have mmm use ztr. Wasn't sure what the limitations, stresses, pros/cons were with spacers

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Thanks
    I have 1 1/2 inch spacers on my 1025 I don't have a mmm but I do have a curtis cab and it felt a little top heavy when I was running in my yard(small hills) so I added the spacers 1st then came back and added some 50 lb wheel weights too much better now
    Leo Kelly veteran
    "At Ease Gardens"
    "A place for veterans with PTSD to relax and to heal"

1025r with a Curtis cab
    frontier box scrape, frontier brush hog, disk set, tiler, HLA snow pusher, frontier forks
    and a few other necessary 3 point attachments

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:04 AM
    Thanks
    I am thinking about adding spacers to the rear of my 1025R. Was looking at Bora spacers. I am also thinking I will be getting a mmm so I think 1.5" is the biggest I can go. You also have to consider the width of your machine once you have spacers on. It will be wider than you 48" attachments like a rototiller. You may need to mount them offset to one side to cover one set of tire tracks.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:24 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    If you have a Mauser cab on a 1025R, and you are on anything but pancake flat terrain, you will want wheel spacers. Added 3 inch wheel spacers from Bro Tek, and they do make a world of difference.
    Glen

Current Fleet

2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast