• 2 Post By SulleyBear
  • 3 Post By Busman

Thread: 6 inch spacers on the rear of a 1025R

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:02 PM
    Thanks

6 inch spacers on the rear of a 1025R

For those of you that have a little more challenging terrain, and/or a tippy Mauser cab raising your centre of gravity, you can add 6 inch wheel spacers to the rear of your SCUT. I have the 6 " aluminum spacers from Bro-Tek. You achieve the 6" width by doubling up 2 of the 3" spacers. One must be mindful of the rear tire extension sticking out past the side of the tractor.

The 3" spacers are excellent, but the 6" spacers adds a whole other level of security. You can climb walls with this set. Not to mention it looks pretty rad. lol.

Disclaimer/caveat: Richard from Bro-Tek does not recommend using the 6" spacers on a regular basis, however if safety is your main concern. I installed the 6" spacers pretty much just to see what it looks like. The reason I have the other set is for my 1025R with the backhoe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3335.jpeg   IMG_3341.jpeg   IMG_3338.jpeg   IMG_3347.jpeg  
    Tomfive, BigJim55, keane and 5 others like this.
    Glen

Current Fleet

2017 - JD 1025R w/260B backhoe
    2018 - JD 1025R w/Mauser Cab

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Thanks
    I would totally agree with the guy who made those about not using them full time. They surely are sexy billets but, I'm curious how the studs are going to hold up on the axle flange as that's a LOT of weight that's being redistributed.

But I must say....my hats off to you for pushing the envelope that far.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 10:31 PM
    Thanks
    I suppose if you wanted to mow with it like that and it was the only way, you could risk it but no way would I put a backhoe on that or any added weight. To me it looks like a disaster in the making. The geometry is all wrong. Good luck with it on the slopes mowing. Im sure its a lot more stable
    PJR832 and Toughsox like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 09:38 PM
    Thanks
    I think it would be a bad idea to use those with much weight on the 3pt. You would be greatly increasing the bending moment on the rear axle. It looks like the distance the wheel is being moved outwards is more than the distance from the flange face to the supporting bearing - that means the bending force on the axle will be more than doubled.

But for just mowing they look like a fine idea - will the tires clear with a mower deck installed?
    Last edited by W9GFO; 08-09-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    jdforever, PJR832 and Toughsox like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Ok, just to clarify......I don't run with 6 inch wheel spacers. The whole gist of this thread I started was solely for photo op purposes only, to give everyone a chance to see what 6 inch wheel spacers would look like on a 1025R.

I normally operate with 3 inch rear wheel spacers on my 1025R's. They are plenty wide enough and add heaps of stability to both units, but especially the one with the Mauser Cab.

I also don't normally run with a mid mount mower either. That said, if for whatever reason I wanted to remove the spacers, it is no more than a 10 minute job tops with an air ratchet and hydraulic floor jack.
    Glen

Current Fleet

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Busman View Post
    Ok, just to clarify......I don't run with 6 inch wheel spacers. The whole gist of this thread I started was solely for photo op purposes only, to give everyone a chance to see what 6 inch wheel spacers would look like on a 1025R.

I normally operate with 3 inch rear wheel spacers on my 1025R's. They are plenty wide enough and add heaps of stability to both units, but especially the one with the Mauser Cab.

I also don't normally run with a mid mount mower either. That said, if for whatever reason I wanted to remove the spacers, it is no more than a 10 minute job tops with an air ratchet and hydraulic floor jack.

See what you started...??

I agree, 3" wheel spacers are the max I would go (have gone) as well. Dramatic improvement in stability and the 3" spacers look good on the tractor as well..........

What's your thought on the front wheel spacers offered? If I recall, Bro-Tech was recommending an odd size for the front, I want to say 1.4" if I recall correctly? I haven't added front wheel spacers as I worry about the turning load on the chassis and front drive components.

You want to really send the GTT members into a frenzy, add the 2.8" front wheel spacers (two sets) along with the 6" rear wheel spacers (also, 2 sets) and take that photo and post it......
    EVT and Toughsox like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    See what you started...??

I agree, 3" wheel spacers are the max I would go (have gone) as well. Dramatic improvement in stability and the 3" spacers look good on the tractor as well..........

What's your thought on the front wheel spacers offered?
    I won't be adding them for myself. The 3" rears are plenty and I've had some seat time with them now, in and out of the gravel/quarry pit and they're just fine. Guess without really doing a side by side comparison it would be hard to make an objective conclusion in regards to adding spacers to the fronts. I'll save my shekels that I am not spending for the fronts for something else.

Edit: For me....if things really get hairy, I'll re add the 3" spacers from the other tractor and go with the 6" rear spacers for some one off job that requires me to climb walls...lol.
    jdforever, SulleyBear and Toughsox like this.
    Glen

Current Fleet

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Thanks
    Big caster wheels on the backhoe outriggers. I wonder if that could work?
    Last edited by jimmylh; 08-16-2019 at 04:10 PM.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements