I bought this 2019 1025R new, in mid April of this year. Bought with the 54D autoconnect, but non auto PTO connect (ordered that way), 120R loader, bucket, and Frontier AP10F forks, and a week or two later, a Farm King 54 inch rotor tiller. The dealer had included the hydraulic mower lift kit (included in price) unbeknownst to me. I had expected the mechanical lift option. Thank you dealer!
About 3 weeks later I had ordered the independent lift kit from same dealer and installed myself. I personally would have executed the kit/solenoid differently (momentary electric over hydraulic rocker switch, double throw with closed center, negating the use of the level dial to keep deck up) but that's just me. I'm happy with the entire rig.
I had noticed it had been using engine oil in the light duty loader and lawn cutting work I was doing. I kept an eye on it, until the point it was getting lower in the crosshatch. I decided to change the oil as per my initial plan anyhow at 17 hours due to metal particles in new/inframed/overhauled engines is common, and I don't want them floating around. I used a new Deere filter and 5W40 Synthetic Rotella T6 synthetic oil. I use that in MANY larger diesel engines, much more valuable than this one and have had excellent results. It continued to use a bit of oil during the light duty use, albeit less than the original oil.
One day I decided I would try and seat the rings and mow some definitely heavier than normal grass cutting, as I didn't have anything suitable I could sink the rotor tiller in. Well...
I knew this would be harder on it than should be but it took it like a champ. I had to clean the mower deck out a few times as it got so plugged up it would stall the tractor when engaging the PTO when it was in full up position. It was really a job for a brush hog. Tractor finally got higher in the temp gauge, and the light came on when the screen got plugged. Cleaned screen, let cool and kept going. Used much more fuel than I thought, but did the job. Exactly what I wanted.
Cleaned everything up, removed and washed mower deck out. Checked oil and it was dark with soot, but didn't move at all on the stick since I started.
This was at 22.2 Hours. I changed the oil and filter again, but this time used 15W40 Synthetic BG Shear Power oil. I also changed the hydraulic fluid and filter at same time due to a cavitation sound. Now at 36.4 hours and it hasn't used a drop on the engine oil dipstick.
Yes I understand I've changed the engine oil and filter twice, hydraulic fluid and filter once and cleaned air filter/filter housing within 36.4 hours, but It worked for me. Hope it may help anyone with similar situations.