• 2 Post By 1962Lark

Thread: 2019 1025R Experiences Thus Far

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Thanks

2019 1025R Experiences Thus Far

Hello all,

I bought this 2019 1025R new, in mid April of this year. Bought with the 54D autoconnect, but non auto PTO connect (ordered that way), 120R loader, bucket, and Frontier AP10F forks, and a week or two later, a Farm King 54 inch rotor tiller. The dealer had included the hydraulic mower lift kit (included in price) unbeknownst to me. I had expected the mechanical lift option. Thank you dealer!

About 3 weeks later I had ordered the independent lift kit from same dealer and installed myself. I personally would have executed the kit/solenoid differently (momentary electric over hydraulic rocker switch, double throw with closed center, negating the use of the level dial to keep deck up) but that's just me. I'm happy with the entire rig.

I had noticed it had been using engine oil in the light duty loader and lawn cutting work I was doing. I kept an eye on it, until the point it was getting lower in the crosshatch. I decided to change the oil as per my initial plan anyhow at 17 hours due to metal particles in new/inframed/overhauled engines is common, and I don't want them floating around. I used a new Deere filter and 5W40 Synthetic Rotella T6 synthetic oil. I use that in MANY larger diesel engines, much more valuable than this one and have had excellent results. It continued to use a bit of oil during the light duty use, albeit less than the original oil.

One day I decided I would try and seat the rings and mow some definitely heavier than normal grass cutting, as I didn't have anything suitable I could sink the rotor tiller in. Well...
    I knew this would be harder on it than should be but it took it like a champ. I had to clean the mower deck out a few times as it got so plugged up it would stall the tractor when engaging the PTO when it was in full up position. It was really a job for a brush hog. Tractor finally got higher in the temp gauge, and the light came on when the screen got plugged. Cleaned screen, let cool and kept going. Used much more fuel than I thought, but did the job. Exactly what I wanted.

Cleaned everything up, removed and washed mower deck out. Checked oil and it was dark with soot, but didn't move at all on the stick since I started.
    This was at 22.2 Hours. I changed the oil and filter again, but this time used 15W40 Synthetic BG Shear Power oil. I also changed the hydraulic fluid and filter at same time due to a cavitation sound. Now at 36.4 hours and it hasn't used a drop on the engine oil dipstick.

Yes I understand I've changed the engine oil and filter twice, hydraulic fluid and filter once and cleaned air filter/filter housing within 36.4 hours, but It worked for me. Hope it may help anyone with similar situations.
    Last edited by 1962Lark; 08-09-2019 at 10:38 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Thanks
    I have 73 hrs on mine (got it Memorial Day week) and oil level and color hasnít changed except for a slightly darker shade. And Iíve been working that thing like a mule with a whip since I got it. Have you talked to the service dept about this?
    chex313 and jimmylh like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 02:34 PM
    Thanks
    I have 57 hours on mine and have not done an engine oil and filter change yet. I haven't seen any change on the dip stick yet.
    chex313 likes this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1962Lark View Post
    Bought with the 54D autoconnect, but non auto PTO connect (ordered that way).
    Smart man. You'll never regret that decision.

Also glad the oil consumption seems to have stopped, I've actually not heard of these engines consuming oil, like you said maybe the rings needed to seat a little.
    Herminator likes this.
    1984 JD 316 w/ cat 0 3-pt hitch and 2000 rpm pto, 48" tiller, 49" snowblower, 42" belly mower
    2015 JD 1025r, 60d MMM, 54" front mounted snowblower, Heavy hitch, Ballast box
    1980 JD 1050 4wd, JD 75 loader, IH 60" brush hog
    1980? Satoh S550g Elk, 60" belly mower
    McCulloch Saws - 1970's Mini Mac 30; Mac 10-10
    1978 Ariens Sno-Thro 32"; Troy-Bilt 24" snoblower
    1996 Polaris 680 Ultra Snowmobile, 2004 Yamaha Raptor 660, 2016 Polaris Sportsman 570
    1996 KTM EXC 300
    Gravely ZT-HD 60"

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Thanks
    Yeah in my experience, these baby yanmars usually donít do this. That said, Iím very familiar with Diesel engines, and thereís a reason once I inframe a tractor, it goes to the pto dyno. Some of these tractors idle so long just to keep the air conditioning going! Not good on a new engine!

I didnít talk to service about it. Iíll keep an eye on it and see, but so far so good. Iíll be mowing lawn with it today again so Iíll report.
    AJgrn78 and Herminator like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:46 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1962Lark View Post
    Yeah in my experience, these baby yanmars usually donít do this. That said, Iím very familiar with Diesel engines, and thereís a reason once I inframe a tractor, it goes to the pto dyno. Some of these tractors idle so long just to keep the air conditioning going! Not good on a new engine!

I didnít talk to service about it. Iíll keep an eye on it and see, but so far so good. Iíll be mowing lawn with it today again so Iíll report.
    One of the rare crazy issues Iíve ever seen on this forum related to the Yanmar in the 1026 / 1025, one unlucky fella got one that right from the factory had a broken piston ring that ended up causing him some grief, but in the end Deere replaced the entire short block. But his tractor was running awful, smoking like crazy, definitely like something was wrong.
    1984 JD 316 w/ cat 0 3-pt hitch and 2000 rpm pto, 48" tiller, 49" snowblower, 42" belly mower
    2015 JD 1025r, 60d MMM, 54" front mounted snowblower, Heavy hitch, Ballast box
    1980 JD 1050 4wd, JD 75 loader, IH 60" brush hog
    1980? Satoh S550g Elk, 60" belly mower
    McCulloch Saws - 1970's Mini Mac 30; Mac 10-10
    1978 Ariens Sno-Thro 32"; Troy-Bilt 24" snoblower
    1996 Polaris 680 Ultra Snowmobile, 2004 Yamaha Raptor 660, 2016 Polaris Sportsman 570
    1996 KTM EXC 300
    Gravely ZT-HD 60"

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements