Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: 1025 r steering wheel

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Thanks

1025 r steering wheel

drove tractor to friends house a couple miles. I noticed that while keeping tractor straight my steering wheel turned full 360 degrees a little at a time, while bumping steering wheel left and right to maintain straight course. Is this normal
    Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,549 Times in 1,270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkschaser View Post
    drove tractor to friends house a couple miles. I noticed that while keeping tractor straight my steering wheel turned full 360 degrees a little at a time, while bumping steering wheel left and right to maintain straight course. Is this normal
    Thx
    Yes, somewhat normal with hydraulic steering. Thatís the reason a lot guys donít like the spinner knobs, it never returns or stays in the same position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kennyd, rtgt, OxPath and 3 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PJR832 For This Useful Post:

sparkschaser†(08-11-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,539 Times in 1,422 Posts
    It is common for the tractors to "wander" on the pavement and they seem to need more steering input to keep them going straight than other purpose designed road driven vehicles. I drive my tractor on the local roads all of the time and its not simply point and go, it's a little adjustment here, another one there to keep it going down the road.

They also seem to notice the road crowns and the slope much more, especially with the narrow track and short wheelbase. If you have an implement on the 3 point hitch, it can make the tractor wander even more, depending upon the weight, etc. and if the implement shifts side to side on the hitch as the 3 point arms move side to side, which happens.

Always make sure to run your Hazard Lights whenever on the roads. With distracted drivers and the speed differential between your tractor and other road vehicles, many drivers aren't prepared for the nearly instant closing rate when they come up behind you. So make sure you are as easily seen as possible to remain safe. Yes, there is the slow moving vehicle sign, but sadly I bet 1 in 4 newer drivers doesn't even know what the symbol means..........

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    Yes, somewhat normal with hydraulic steering. Thatís the reason a lot guys donít like the spinner knobs, it never returns or stays in the same position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh no, Pat. Don't start the spinner knob controversy again.
    Kennyd, fdmars, rtgt and 5 others like this.
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

9. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post

WHO? WHO? Who don't like the spinner knob?

fdmars, rtgt, OxPath and 4 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkschaser View Post
    Thx
    If I got this right, the steering valve on the 1025 has free rotation, left to right, and only controls hydraulic oil out one port or the other when turned, and doesn't have a center position. It's not mechanically connected to the tie rods so it doesn't get feedback about the position of the front wheels.

Steering lock is achieved by the front steering cylinder, when it bottoms out left or right you can't turn it any further. Since the steering valve doesn't have a "center" it won't neccesarily return to the same position it was before you turned the wheels.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kylew For This Useful Post:

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:19 PM
    Thanks
    End result is same as my bass boat with hydraulic steering.
    The steering wheel has no home.
    jdforever and PJR832 like this.
    2014 1025R, 120R loader

"ain't too smart, but I'm always thinkin"

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,539 Times in 1,422 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    End result is same as my bass boat with hydraulic steering.
    The steering wheel has no home.
    Just like the old kids song where "the leg bone is connected to the hip bone", etc. etc. well, while humans are still physically connected, most new vehicles aren't, especially new cars. Remember how the steering wheel was bolted to the steering shaft, which was bolted to the steering box, which was hooked to the steering arms and tie rods which actually turned the cars wheels? Not necessarily the case anymore.....

Actually, its pretty terrifying when you think about how drivers in new cars really don't have total "physical" control over the vehicles steering, accelerator pedal position, etc. Instead, they are controlled by position sensors and computers. Welcome to technology........
    kylew likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    You mentioned it turned a full 360*.....so It must have went the same direction slowly..??

Another member here had a similar issue a week or 2 ago.

It would turn both ways fine but took more turns to go left than it did right..iirc...concensus was the orbital valve is degrading.

See if it gets worse...your warrenty up??....its a spendy part and in a bad location .
    PJR832 likes this.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

15. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Thanks

Hi Duke

4.7 miles straight highway. noticed on the trip that wheel was slowly rotating clockwise. i was running against traffic because i live in south jersey and wanted to see traffic coming towards me. highway is crowned alot. i do believe if i run same route with traffic wheel would turn counterclockwise the same. BTW i have spinner and dont really care where it is still better than not
    jdforever, Jeff B, PJR832 and 1 others like this.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast