• 1 Post By rjpoog1989
  • 2 Post By EVT

Thread: 260 BH for 1025R john deerre

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-30-2019 @ 09:55 AM
    Thanks

260 BH for 1025R john deerre

hooking up BH today and didn't have 1 hose correct. could raise sidearms but couldn't lower. had to disconnect and realign tractor. now can't get hydraulic hoses to connect. Dealer says I probably have pressure in lines. Any thoughts from you experts???

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,079 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Dealer is correct...
    Wiggle the joystick handles on the backhoe and try again, worst case you'll need to loosen a fitting with two wrenches to bleed some pressure.
    kylew likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

John 54 (08-12-2019)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Wiggle the joystick handles on the backhoe and try again, worst case you'll need to loosen a fitting with two wrenches to bleed some pressure.
    Unless all cylinders are at full extension I believe it is impossible to have a pressure build up in the backhoe that cannot be fully relieved by cycling the joysticks.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:19 PM
    Thanks
    I've had it happen 3 times. I've been pretty successful at getting the pressure off utilizing the stabilizers. (I always work alone and help is a good distance away). The stabilizers are weak enough I can lift the cylinders with the levers engaged then latch them. Then try to connect the BH side together and curl the bucket or boom a little. Nice thing is you can always drop the stabilizers again. I've never had to crack a line. Some patience is necessary.... you can feel the fluid transferring.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:54 PM
    Thanks
    To me, sounds like the power beyond hoses might have been disconnected before the pressure was equalized, and now he can't get them to connect back together. The typical "with the tractor off, cover the end of the male fittings with a thick rag and push it against a hard surface, like the frame, and reconnect the hoses".
    rjpoog1989 likes this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:49 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    To me, sounds like the power beyond hoses might have been disconnected before the pressure was equalized, and now he can't get them to connect back together. The typical "with the tractor off, cover the end of the male fittings with a thick rag and push it against a hard surface, like the frame, and reconnect the hoses".
    I had to do this once with mine, works like a charm. I’ve had to do this before with other implements and different machines, so I already knew how to handle the 260b. I’ve been connecting both hoses together on the bh after it’s disconnected.
    kylew likes this.
    2019 2025r: Galaxy R3+, 60D AutoConnect, 120r loader, 260b backhoe, AP10F 42” forks

1948 Farmall Cub: L-54 snow plow, 193 one bottom plow
    Husqvarna push mower (I forget the model)
    Husqvarna 562XP chainsaw: 24" bar w/ skip tooth, 20” Power Match full comp
    Craftsman 18" chainsaw

10. Top | #7
    EVT
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    This worked for me. Before I found out about this, I did a lot of pushing, pulling and cursing.
    kylew and marlinguidegun like this.
    2018 1025R, 120R FEL, 260B BH
    BXpanded Barracuda thumb, Quick-on connector, Ripper, Trench bucket, Piranha tooth bar
    iMatch 3pt. Quick Hitch
    JD 54 inch Quick Hitch Snow Blade
    Frontier AP10F Pallet Forks
    Frontier PHD-100 Post Hole Digger
    Frontier LR2060L Landscape Rake
    JD Ballast Box
    Titan BX42 Wood Chipper
    Heavy Hitch Receiver and Suitcase Weight Bracket, Front bracket
    Lots of stuff from Ken's Bolt on Hooks

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements