• 3 Post By martincom
  • 2 Post By Firemark

Thread: mml lift question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:12 AM
    Thanks

mml lift question

good evening GTT people I have a situation I have MMM lift option my problem is that I want to lift my mower for maximum clearance, then disconnect the hose and switch to the loader so here is the problem
    I cant reconnect the hose for the mower because its under pressure I have to depress the center of the quick connector so I can reconnect . any ideas , this is why I would like to put valves on so I would not have to disconnect or shut the machine off .
    thank you and have a good labor day
    1965 110 needs restoration my 1st tractor I got it back
    2002 455 blower 54 mower 3 point hitch with home made forks and OTC cab
    1986 950 fel back hoe
    2011 1026r fel mmm hm 3 point weight hm edge tamers 2 stage blower r4 tires
    OTC cab with glass windshield and wiper, electric heater, JD weight box ,remote electric chute controller

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Thanks
    Your symptoms make sense. No matter how you adjust the mower deck linkage, the deck is always going to drop a little bit before it rests on the "Lock" step of the height adjusting cam. This is where your pressure build up in the line is coming from.

Have you tried cycling the joystick lever to the deck down position, once the mower deck is resting on the "Lock" step of the cam? This should relieve the pressure in line from the lift cylinder, allowing for it to be disconnected easily. However and more importantly, after cycling the joystick to the down position, there should not be any pressure in the line to release, by depressing the coupler dimple, unless a dramatic temperature increase had occurred.
    Last edited by martincom; 08-30-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    chex313, Ray_PA and kylew like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:12 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    Your symptoms make sense. No matter how you adjust the mower deck linkage, the deck is always going to drop a little bit before it rests on the "Lock" step of the height adjusting cam. This is where your pressure build up in the line is coming from.

Have you tried cycling the joystick lever to the deck down position, once the mower deck is resting on the "Lock" step of the cam? This should relieve the pressure in line from the lift cylinder, allowing for it to be disconnected easily. However and more importantly, after cycling the joystick to the down position, there should not be any pressure in the line to release, by depressing the coupler dimple, unless a dramatic temperature increase had occurred.
    Thanks ILL try that next time I know I should take off the mower but after I take it off I have to move it out of the way so I have to put the wheels back down pia but I guess I"m spoiled by the ease of change over and just want it better lol

I did see some adaptors to bolt to the mowing deck so I could move it with the quick loader but it looked like you lose lift on the mower which is low to start with. I know I"m never happy
    1965 110 needs restoration my 1st tractor I got it back
    2002 455 blower 54 mower 3 point hitch with home made forks and OTC cab
    1986 950 fel back hoe
    2011 1026r fel mmm hm 3 point weight hm edge tamers 2 stage blower r4 tires
    OTC cab with glass windshield and wiper, electric heater, JD weight box ,remote electric chute controller

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1st1026r View Post
    Thanks ILL try that next time I know I should take off the mower but after I take it off I have to move it out of the way so I have to put the wheels back down pia but I guess I"m spoiled by the ease of change over and just want it better lol

I did see some adaptors to bolt to the mowing deck so I could move it with the quick loader but it looked like you lose lift on the mower which is low to start with. I know I"m never happy
    I'm not sure which deck you have, the FEL adapters you wrote of are only compatible with the 60" deck. If you're on hard surface or firm grass, you may want to consider Mower Axles. That is what I utilize and they work well. Better yet, a few weeks back a member posted his refined mower axles. Rather than fixed wheels as the Mower Axles, he set his up to accept some stem mount casters. So now he could change direction easily while rolling the deck. It really intrigued me. It will likely be on my list of thing to do this winter.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 AM
    Thanks
    Kens bolt on hooks now sells a nice tool that you put on the coupler end and it relieves the pressure so you can couple up.
    keane and Big like this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Firemark For This Useful Post:

keane (09-03-2019)

9. Remove Advertisements