• 1 Post By Ray_PA
  • 1 Post By 12dbsinad

Thread: 1025R backhoe access

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Thanks

1025R backhoe access

Somewhat surprised that there has been no comments about the access or lack of access to the backhoe controls on the new 1025r set ups. I know from the many years experience with my Uncle's backhoe and now my 2014 how we were always reaching back to maneuver the boom and feet into position. Now having said that I can see that the new 1025r is a real stable platform however I now find my self using my thumb and equipment on the fly from the driver's compartment. In my case I also have the front attached quickhatch plate where I can use rock rake and the like also on the front. I wondered why Deere didn't offer the 1 seat 2 seat option. I found that by replacing the swivel rod with stainless the problem of breakage went away. I do say that JD has a flagship tractor in the 1025r and the size and maneuverability is the value.
    chex313, keefus, keane and 2 others like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    I tend to agree. I personally like the swivel seat over the two seat style for the exact reason you stated. I'm not sure you can reach back from the driving position and manipulate the BH controls with the BH seat flipped back.

I too replaced my swivel seat linkage with stainless steel swivel joints that I got from McMaster Carr, problem solved.
    Toughsox likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:39 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    I'm not sure you can reach back from the driving position and manipulate the BH controls with the BH seat flipped back.
    I do it all the time, you just need to have insanely long monkey-arms Truth be told, I probably *shouldn't* be doing it a lot, the weight of the boom is certainly enough to up the pucker factor if it's not centered and you are driving along. ESPECIALLY if you're only looking ahead half the time and looking back the other half, I'm sure it makes for quite the show...
    2018 1025R | 120R FEL | 260B Backhoe | 60" MMM w/ Autoconnect | 54" Quick Hitch Snow Blower w/ Spout Control | 54" Quick Hitch Blade | Artillian 3k with 42" Forks | Titan Ballast Box | LED Lighting kit

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:41 PM
    Thanks
    While it's a valid point, I don't see many cases why you would need to operate the backhoe while driving. The boom and swing are pinned in place as well as the stabilizers now with the new model so no worries of leak down (it's supposed to be pinned during transport anyway) , the bucket leaks down a small amount but doesn't affect anything. I suppose there are instances where you would need to, but not something JD probably considers important.
    keane likes this.
    2018 2025R, R4, 120R Loader, 260B backhoe, 60D AutoConnect MMM, Independent Deck Lift, 5' Tarter Rotary Cutter

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements