Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Help! Tractor immobile. Need Part numbers for 1023 Power Beyond Kit

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-29-2019 @ 08:49 AM
    Thanks

Help! Tractor immobile. Need Part numbers for 1023 Power Beyond Kit

Hi,

I have a 3 year old 1023 with a factory installed power beyond kit but yesterday the female hydraulic adapter fell apart and sprayed oil everywhere.

I tried replacing it with a 1/2 adapter from Tractor Supply only to find out the JD OEM part has a little recess in the back for an o-ring. I can't move the tractor without the fitting and I can't find a parts diagram giving me the part number. The paperwork that came with the tractor only lists the parts that came in the kit.

While I'm at it, I'd like to order the proper male hose-end pater as well - I'm guessing I didn't have right fitting on my log splitter and that's what broke the female power beyond adapter.

Thanks!

Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    If you go to JDparts.com and enter your tractor (1023E) and search, it will come up with 2 options. Select your's based on your serial number.

1. If you selected "1023E Compact Utility Tractor (1LV1023ELHJ100001- )"
    Once you do that you'll get to the main page for your machine.
    There will be a group of images and a list of sections on the right. Select "OV-Overview" from that list.
    Then select "OV5 - Attachments"
    Then select "Power Beyond, Attachment - ST936506"

2. If you selected "1023E Compact Utility Tractor ( -1LV1023ELHJ100000)":
    There will be a group of images and a list of sections on the right. Select "70 Hydraulics" from that list.
    Then select "Power Beyond, Attachment - ST936506"

You'll then have the image for the Power Beyond Kit and the list of part numbers that make it up.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

canissen (09-01-2019)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Thanks
    Here is the parts diagram for the 1023 power beyond.
    John Deere Parts Catalog

Your description sounds like a straight thread o-ring boss connection but I don't see an o-ring in the parts breakdown. If it has the straight thread ORB a pipe thread fitting should not screw on correctly.

Here is a listing for a 1/2" ag type quick disconnect with the straight ORB threads. Scroll down and look at the picture and dimensions they list for it to see if it matches.
    Ag Hydraulic Quick Connect Female Coupler, Poppet Valve, 7/8-14 ORB Thread

Not sure if that fitting will be 1/2" or 3/8".
    canissen likes this.
    John Deere 4310 tractor, New Holland 575E backhoe, John Deere F725 mower

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Machinist For This Useful Post:

canissen (09-01-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:24 PM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    If you have the back hoe...rob a fitting off it for now.
    Kennyd, keane, SulleyBear and 2 others like this.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks. No, it absolutely has an o-ring on the part of the collar that goes through the tractor frame. It is odd that there isn't one on the parts list unless it comes inside of the new coupler.

It certainly isn't a straight pipe fitting - that's why the 1/2" coupler I have on there now is leaking because it isn't machined to accept the o-ring.

I went back to tractor supply today to see if they had any that are machined for an o-ring but they don't.

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Old Machinist - I think that Summit part will work and it's about 75% cheaper than what one JD dealer is asking so its well worth a shot. I can have it by Wednesday. Much appreciated.

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Thanks
    JD has their quick connects manufactured with O-ring Boss (ORB) ports rather than pipe thread like most you will find at stores like TSC. When you say the female connector fell apart and sprayed oil everywhere, not sure what you mean.

Did the poppet fall out of the QC or did something else fall apart.

Here is the parts break down. #6 is the o-ring. This o-ring will be on the hydraulic bulkhead adapter where the female QC threads onto.

#7 is the female QC.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/...pgId/295063306
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray_PA For This Useful Post:

canissen (09-02-2019)

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,431 Posts
    If the hydraulic fittings are the same size as the 4 hydraulic quick connect fittings under the operator platform controlled by the SCV, I am pretty sure they are 1/4" on the 1025r, not 1/2".......that's the size I have purchased when making hose extensions, etc. so make sure to double check this before ordering them online.

Also, canissen, can you post any pictures of what you are dealing with to show what failed, so others might be prepared to deal with it should it happen to them?

This would help make it clear to those not familiar with Power Beyond what you are referring to. That makes the thread valuable to others who might have an issue........Thanks.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

14. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks

Update

RayPA - thanks for the parts list - I see the part I need is the O ring and LVA13231.

As for breaking, when I pulled out the hose that was in it from my log splitter, oil sprayed everywhere and the bearings went flying; it seems the retainer in the coupling came loose and let the retainer fly apart. Anyway, the coupling is a loss but you're right, threads are different, I tried an Ag ORB fitting from Amazon but the threads are much coarser than the OEM. Now I can call the dealer tomm and get the right ones ordered.

Here's a few pics that show the layout. The first two is the non-ORB replacement I put on that is leaking. The last ones are the OEM fitting body.

Anyway, in addition to the LVA13231, I'm going to order the male counterpart for the log splitter just in case that was somehow the cause of it although I can't imagine how.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1850.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	703018
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1851.JPG 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	703020Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1854.JPG 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	703022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1853.JPG 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	703024
    PJR832 likes this.

15. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    BTW, Ken's Bolt On Hooks has all of those connectors.

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks

He usually has them in stock and ships pretty quickly. They are also cheaper than what Deere sells them for.
    Superglidesport likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast