Service Alert Indicator
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Kennyd
  • 1 Post By jimmylh
  • 6 Post By PJR832
  • 2 Post By PJR832

Thread: Service Alert Indicator

  1. Top | #1
    EVT
    EVT is offline
    EVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts

    Service Alert Indicator

    A question for all you Deere gurus. I have been covering a culvert pipe for the last 2 weekends. FEL loaded with a shale/dirt mixture, ~600 lbs. ballast on the back. I have to go up a slight incline to dump the bucket. On one of the trips, I noticed the service alert indicator come on. Before I could put my glasses on to see if there are any codes, it goes out. This has happened twice in the past 2 weekends while putting roughly 3 - 4 hours on the machine. Both times the indicator goes out before I can read anything. If the dash displays an error code, do they get saved anywhere in memory so they can be read at a later time? This one's new to me.
    Thanks for any input.
    2018 1025R, 120R FEL, 260B BH
    BXpanded Barracuda thumb, Quick-on connector, Ripper, Trench bucket, Piranha tooth bar
    iMatch 3pt. Quick Hitch
    JD 54 inch Quick Hitch Snow Blade
    Frontier AP10F Pallet Forks
    Frontier PHD-100 Post Hole Digger
    Frontier LR2060L Landscape Rake
    JD Ballast Box
    Titan BX42 Wood Chipper
    Heavy Hitch Receiver and Suitcase Weight Bracket, Front bracket
    Lots of stuff from Ken's Bolt on Hooks

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Captain Hook Kennyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:16 AM
    Location
    Westminster, MD
    Posts
    16,222
    Thanks
    4,984
    Thanked 4,026 Times in 2,508 Posts
    I don't think there is a "service indicator" on a 1-series tractor.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Kenny

    -John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM


    Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

    Visit our YouTube Channel

    My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Location
    Warner Robins, Georgia
    Posts
    495
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 41 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    I don't think there is a "service indicator" on a 1-series tractor.
    According to my manual, there is one. It's on the right side and looks like an exclamation in a triangle. I think I've seen it flash before when I tried backing up while mowing and forgot to hit the pto button.
    Last edited by jimmylh; 09-04-2019 at 06:59 PM.
    chex313 likes this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    PJR832's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    11,091
    Thanks
    1,879
    Thanked 1,505 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    According to my manual, there is one. It's on the right side and looks like an exclamation in a triangle. I think I've seen it flash before when I tried backing up while mowing and forgot to hit the pto button.
    You are correct, that is what the manual calls that. I get it on occasion if I go from the forward pedal to the reverse pedal too quickly, matter of fact, it happened on the first day the very first time I backed the tractor into the garage.
    chex313, BigJim55, jimmylh and 3 others like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

  7. Top | #5
    PJR832's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    11,091
    Thanks
    1,879
    Thanked 1,505 Times in 1,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EVT View Post
    A question for all you Deere gurus. I have been covering a culvert pipe for the last 2 weekends. FEL loaded with a shale/dirt mixture, ~600 lbs. ballast on the back. I have to go up a slight incline to dump the bucket. On one of the trips, I noticed the service alert indicator come on. Before I could put my glasses on to see if there are any codes, it goes out. This has happened twice in the past 2 weekends while putting roughly 3 - 4 hours on the machine. Both times the indicator goes out before I can read anything. If the dash displays an error code, do they get saved anywhere in memory so they can be read at a later time? This one's new to me.
    Thanks for any input.
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    You are correct, that is what the manual calls that. I get it on occasion if I go from the forward pedal to the reverse pedal too quickly, matter of fact, it happened on the first day the very first time I backed the tractor into the garage.
    I forgot to mention:

    Along with the service indicator it will always be accompanied by a code in the hour meter readout. I saw that indicator on my 2025R at least a half dozen times before I could finally get the code written down, then I was able to look in my tech manual to see what the code was actually for.
    kylew and mikdor like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

  8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •