GreenTractorTalk.com - John Deere Forum & Information Site
Case Colt Ingersoll

1025R backhoe and stump

Thread: 1025R backhoe and stump

Tags: None
  1. machineryman said:

1025R backhoe and stump

I have been doing fall stump service with my 1025r and backhoe. I use the smaller bucket and work down the roots...try to find a spot to dig a hole. Today's project was a large cherry tree hit by light last year. After cleaning off the large roots and then using a Stihl blower to remove dirt....cut through the large arteries. Did a double cut to allow movement. Then after digging holes....I took my high pressure JD4400 with forks and pried up the stump and hauled it to burn spot. Then worked out the other roots...I had about 5 hours in stump removal about 2 hrs. in landscaping. These little devils will work out the excavating. I have the larger JD4400 for the pressure usage. Can't say enough good about my little used 1025r with backhoe.

2. machineryman said:
    Tractors in operation

3. machineryman said:
    photos of tractors

rtgt said:
    ummm, not seeing any pictures.

Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

WhiskeySixRadio said:
    Let's see 'em !
    2017 1025R | 60D | Mulch kit | Load-N-Go | Oregon G6 blades | 120R FEL | 48" PF | iMatch | Receiver hitch | SS1067b spreader | Superior-Tech PTO sprayer || USAF Vet VFW Life Member

6. Sportshot2 said:
    Invisible tractor, that is the best kind. If you can’t see it does it still cost money?
    2018 John Deere 1025r, Mauser cab, rear wiper, rear light, FEL, Piranah tooth bar, Heavy Hitch weight bar, 8 suitcase weights, 55 amp alternator, Kens hooks and seat springs, 54” MMM, 66” Loader mounted CTA plow, Artillian 3d function diverter kit. New Green equipment =less green in investments

7. machineryman said:
    photos of tractors used...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails

8. machineryman said:
    When I originally bought the 4400 the tractor had an inferior designed front end. John Deere did a replacement and also sent a new hydraulic pump and that tractor has "excellent" hydraulics....bought it new in 1999. I did a swap of a 990 for the 1025r.