Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By martincom

Thread: OEM turf tire recommendations

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-16-2019 @ 04:38 PM
    Thanks

OEM turf tire recommendations

What are the OEM turf tires on a 1026r/1025r from JD stock? Saw a set of Carlisle turf smart tires on CL for $200. Just tires no rims. Guy has rims as well but may need blasting and repainting. I kind a have a feeling this is for the X series tractors. But figured I’d ask. Ive heard a complete set of 1 series turfs from dealer is $1k ish. Wondering if these turf smarts are oem for a 1 series?

Have the R4’s on mine now. Would like a complete set of turf tires and rims for work over my lawn and I know they work well in the snow as well. Ideally Id like a set of turfs for normal work when I may be working on or near my lawn and a set of ag tires for when Im in the dirt. What are oem AG tires?

Thanks for the help in advance.
    1026R
    H120 loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    80 dump cart
    4' Bush Hog
    47" snow blower
    3pt Carry all
    Northstar sprayer

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Thanks
    I did the same thing a year or so ago. The rear turfs and rims were utilized on the L+G tractors, such as the 4X5 and likely the X7XX. So finding them on Craig's List is somewhat common. I picked up my rears on Craig's List for $80.00/pair w/o rims, they were off a 1026R. They still had the new tire "nubs" on them. I searched for a year or better for a pair of rear rims, front turfs, and front rims without success. To be honest, for what used rims were going for and the fact they were usually rusty/chewed up, by the time you factored in a sandblast and powder coat, it was cheaper to purchase new.

JD has a part number in their catalog for the tires and rims as an assembly that is actually a pretty good price and better yet, they would come mounted. However, when I tried to order them, they said no warehouse had stock and it could be awhile before I received them. I'm thinking they didn't want to bother with it. It was not greenfarmparts.com.

I ultimately purchsed the four rims from greenfarmparts.com with free shipping and the 7% "GTT" promo code. I believe Amazon had the better price on the front turfs and the deal cincher was free shipping. Site supporter millertire.com was close enough on the price, but shipping was the issue. The fronts were Carlisles from Amazon, but made in China. I was a bit surprised by that. I had a heck of a time getting their beads to fully seat on the rim. The used rears were also Carlisles, but made in the USA. The were easy to mount.
    Last edited by martincom; 09-08-2019 at 06:04 PM.
    DRobinson likes this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the insight. Just to be clear the Carlise turf smarts are oem?

$200 for 4 works out to $50 a piece + rims. And yes sandblasting and powder coating is extra. Looks like he has a large assortment maybe some would not need to be repoweder costed. Honestly I prefer painted to powder coated. Once you scratch the powder coat down to bare steel it’s all over. It bubbles up and falls off. Proper prepped steel that is painted has held up better for me in the salty North East winters. As I understand it not all powder coating prep is created equal. But paint has held up better in my experience for what it’s worth.

I just want to make sure I get the right OEM tires as I have been known to lift some heavy loads with the loader. I might’ve turned up the “juice” on on the hydraulic system. Don’t want to blow out a front tire under load.
    1026R
    H120 loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    80 dump cart
    4' Bush Hog
    47" snow blower
    3pt Carry all
    Northstar sprayer

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Thanks
    Carlisle multitrac 285/60-12 on back 18x8.50-10

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Thanks
    You might want to look at the Kenda K502 HDAP tire. It is 4 ply in front and rear size. Great on grass and better (in my opinion) than turf tires on other surfaces.
    2015 1025R FILB, iMatch, 53" Bucket, 54D Mower Deck, 54" Snow Blower, Heavy Hitch Dual Suitcase Weight Bracket, Heavy Hitch Front Weight Bracket, EA 48" Plugger, Garber 48" 3 point Seeder, Kens bolt on hooks, CountyLine (Tarter Gate) 60" box blade, Kenda Terra Trac HDAP tires (front and rear), CozyCab Sunshade, TSC CountyLine (Tarter) 48" yellow rototiller, BXPanded 25 gallon 3PH sprayer.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbybats View Post
    Thanks for the insight. Just to be clear the Carlise turf smarts are oem?

$200 for 4 works out to $50 a piece + rims. And yes sandblasting and powder coating is extra. Looks like he has a large assortment maybe some would not need to be repoweder costed. Honestly I prefer painted to powder coated. Once you scratch the powder coat down to bare steel it’s all over. It bubbles up and falls off. Proper prepped steel that is painted has held up better for me in the salty North East winters. As I understand it not all powder coating prep is created equal. But paint has held up better in my experience for what it’s worth.

I just want to make sure I get the right OEM tires as I have been known to lift some heavy loads with the loader. I might’ve turned up the “juice” on on the hydraulic system. Don’t want to blow out a front tire under load.
    The Carlisle Multitrac is OEM. I'm not familiar with turf smart.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. I sort of thought the listing was for the x-series or 4xx series. Im in no rush and will look out for a set of the multi tracs. Im sure there are other good choices but a. I don’t wana mess up my transmission from miss matched tires and b. I figure a set of oem take offs should be pretty cheap compared to buying new.
    1026R
    H120 loader
    260 Backhoe
    54" MMM
    80 dump cart
    4' Bush Hog
    47" snow blower
    3pt Carry all
    Northstar sprayer

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Thanks
    I bought Carlisle turf tires from Amazon and had my local tire store swap them over. Re-used the old rims since I won't be using the old tires anymore.
    Last edited by jimmylh; 09-09-2019 at 03:24 AM.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements