• 1 Post By theduke

Thread: 1025R Shift To Neutral

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 08:18 AM
    Thanks

1025R Shift To Neutral

1025R
    I was hit with the Shift to Neutral issues!! I was like DAMM it here I go, I had just dropped a neighbors tree and didn't want to leave a mess in their yard. After working on it for a bit, checking the switch which I METERED out (OHMS Checked out perfect) and checking the wires and seen they are all in and in Contact. So started to get more puzzled. Being the Engineer i am, I had to continue to figure it out, Started to trace the wires back and found a branch that shoved it way up and got the plug wire near the seat. After removing the branch and looking at it plus removing a panel below the seat right at the floor board of the tractor. I discovered that the branch had PERFECTLY disconnected the wire without damaging anything, including the snap clip on the wire. I couldn't believe it. Back and running Tree removed and cleaned up.
    Last edited by AVESPERM; 09-09-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    John Deere 2016 1025 R with R3 Turf Tires, LED Work Lights, Rear 3rd selective vavle
    60 D mower With Mulch Kit with Independent lift
    H120 Loader with AF 12 Forks
    Rear Ballast Box, Front weights 5 at 42 LBS each
    Quick I-Match with 3pt tractor receiver.
    Land Pride RB 1660 with Hydraulic angle
    Tractor Supply RT4 Tractor Line Rototiller Tarter Equipment.
    54" Quick connect Front Blade, Snow Thrower.

Replaced 128 and 149 1970's Cub Cadets.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,072 Times in 2,538 Posts
    Lucky man
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kennyd For This Useful Post:

kylew (09-09-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,421 Posts
    We like happy endings. And quick resolutions to the issue at hand.

Many people have damaged the hydraulic lines under these SCUTS as well as damaged the steering cylinder running over limbs and brush. I make it a point to not run over any limbs or brush as I would bet there have been a dozen different incidents from electrical wires being damaged, harnesses being damaged, but I do think yours is the first "clean unplugging of the connector, including the connector snap clip."

There have been various damaged components, including hydro oil lines and even a few broken or punctured hydro filters. There have been steering cylinders damaged, as well as broken lines, fittings, connectors, ruptured hoses, etc. Starter motor harnesses have been torn free and even the filter threaded nipple on the hydro case has been broken off the case, which can be a very major issue.

A GTT member down under (New Zealand, I believe) had a serious problem and damaged a primary steel hydraulic line which resulted in the stranding of his tractor. This line is tucked up well under the bottom of the tractor and is hard to get to in the shop and extremely difficult working in the bottom of what sounded like a ditch. No question the working conditions really rhymed with the physical location of the stranded machine.

This resulted in him having to special order this part into his country and the damage stranded the tractor out in some rough under brush conditions. When the line finally did arrive, he really struggled to get the lines disconnected from the steering valve and in the end, a service technician traveled several hours each way from the dealership, to assist him in achieving the final repairs. Good news is he did get the machine back in use, but it was quite costly and resulted in his tractor being out of commission for nearly a month.

Moral of the story, be super careful running over anything with these machines as the low ground clearance and many critical components leave the under belly very exposed and vulnerable .

While there is frequent talk of a skid plate being developed, thus far it remains talk and in the planning stages. I think the demand would be decent for such a part, but its a large part to stamp and expensive to make if its not going to be an OEM. It would be nice if Deere offered one as an option but I have heard noting but speculation on that as well.........
    BigJim55 likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:04 AM
    Thanks
    A freak accident damaged the hydraulic oil cooler in my JD 6415 . IIRC about $700 to repair . This was in June? or July? 2013. There is a post in the Utility Tractor section of the forum.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    NW Oregun Gutterslut...the Wet Side.... Gaston
    Thanks
    Hmmmm... Branches.

Many O man has been killed by them.

Widowmakers if your a tree faller.....or just in the wrong place wrong time.

Heard stories of them coming UP through the floorboards of a Cat and Spearing a guy.

I learned my lesson early on in a borrowerd Ford 4x4 mcut. Never push on branches with the FEL..yup

They will slide off the top a smack you square in the ear....ouch...
    Not as bad as when things went south last year..Took a header off a 2 story house and sliced the same ear off.
    Just 24 stitches worth.. it was just floppin in the wind.WE ( Jr and I) were 4 blocks from the local Hostpital and lukily the "good" surgeon was on duty. Didn't take long to get service once I entered...and yea I had to drive me..Jr. needs His license back.

It looks good as possible...its fine....they can kill the pain but you still hear every stitch..note to self...don't do that again.

Back to branches, radiaters ,torn brake lines,flats...they are evil devils.

Look like twigs but bite much harder$$$$$.
    Last edited by theduke; 09-09-2019 at 11:38 PM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

Pharrell Williams - Freedom (Video) - YouTube ...George Michael - Freedom! ’90 (Official Video) - YouTube..

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements