Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Battery strap

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Thanks

Battery strap

Canít think of a store near me that sells that type of bungee to replace my broken battery strap. Any direction on finding an amazon equivalent or a JD Part # would be great. Saw corrosion on battery terminals and on battery not long after having rig.used backing soda and cleaned everything . Put penetration on the posts and terminalsa saw it had no vent hose. Added a new vent hose and all was good. Yesterday was reviewing rig and saw strap was loose. Hook must have corroded and broke so need new strap. Would appreciate any help
    SulleyBear likes this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,201 Posts
    Here is the info on the JD OEM strap. I see it is available on Amazon with free shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AR68071_diag.jpg AR68071.jpg
    glc, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 4 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

Firemark†(Yesterday), mdgilbreath†(Today)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks

Thanks Jgay

Thanks again JGay. You and a bunch of other guys always take the time to help and itís highly appreciated. I was also rereading many of your posts re:54Ē blower. I added the second drift blade, painted the tips yellow added the skids that you did and will grease and prep the chain.
    glc, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 3 others like this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    Artillian Blinders
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    Thanks again JGay. You and a bunch of other guys always take the time to help and it’s highly appreciated. I was also rereading many of your posts re:54” blower. I added the second drift blade, painted the tips yellow added the skids that you did and will grease and prep the chain.
    Well... if you have the blower that prepared then that means we probably won't get any snow. So thanks!! :-)

You will like those skids. Did you add the double fender washers on the bolts? Mine kept changing adjustment until I doubled up on the fender washers. Now it stays put even when it occasionally digs in.

Oh... I forgot to mention. The JD Parts price on that strap is $1.79 but I see Amazon wants $10.00. Probably because of the "free" shipping. :-)
    glc, DRobinson, Zebrafive and 3 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Well... if you have the blower that prepared then that means we probably won't get any snow. So thanks!! :-)

You will like those skids. Did you add the double fender washers on the bolts? Mine kept changing adjustment until I doubled up on the fender washers. Now it stays put even when it occasionally digs in.

Oh... I forgot to mention. The JD Parts price on that strap is $1.79 but I see Amazon wants $10.00. Probably because of the "free" shipping. :-)
    Yes I added the fender washers. And like all of us Iím checking amazon. Perhaps too often, I pay the amazon price to quickly get what I need and just resolve. Thanks again
    BigJim55 and jdforever like this.
    Artillian Blinders
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Yes I added the fender washers. And like all of us Iím checking amazon. Perhaps too often, I pay the amazon price to quickly get what I need and just resolve. Thanks again
    I've done the same thing with Amazon. Especially with repair parts.
    BigJim55 and Firemark like this.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Thanks
    Those rubber bungee straps are utilized extensively to secure tarps on 18 wheel flat bed loads. So any place that sells tarps, should have the bungees. This would include the big box home improvment stores, farm stores, Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, etc. Measure you rold one or bring it along, as they come in different lengths.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

11. The Following User Says Thank You to martincom For This Useful Post:

Firemark†(Yesterday)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:43 PM
    Thanks
    Fmark - The old Ford 8N that I drove here on our property had been converted from 6V to 12V. The battery was located in front of the firewall. One day I was Bush Hogging, the battery rolled out from its bracket, fell to the ground, and took a real pounding from the Hog blades. It was tied down with insulated, braided electrical wire. After securing the replacement battery, I bought some 36" heavy-duty zip ties and the battery never budged again. Come to think of it, grass never grew where I destroyed the old battery either, and I had to pay a core charge.

Brian

Canít think of a store near me that sells that type of bungee to replace my broken battery strap. Any direction on finding an amazon equivalent or a JD Part # would be great. Saw corrosion on battery terminals and on battery not long after having rig.used backing soda and cleaned everything . Put penetration on the posts and terminalsa saw it had no vent hose. Added a new vent hose and all was good. Yesterday was reviewing rig and saw strap was loose. Hook must have corroded and broke so need new strap. Would appreciate any help
    DRobinson, BigJim55 and Firemark like this.
    Brian

2005 JD4720 open station that replaced a thoroughly worn out late 1940's Ford 8N
    Factory rear wheel weights
    JD 400x loader
    1997 Farm King 7 ft RMFM
    KBOGH's; Pat's ECS for Cat-1 hitch
    5 ft. Bush Hog dating from the dawn of Mankind

'94Honda 300 cc Fourtrax, '16 Honda 500 cc Foreman

Misc. rusty implements
    2X Simplicity Riding Mowers
    Second-hand Homemade log splitter (aka " The Beast")

46-1/4 acres in the majestic rolling hills in Southern Ohio

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    Those rubber bungee straps are utilized extensively to secure tarps on 18 wheel flat bed loads. So any place that sells tarps, should have the bungees. This would include the big box home improvment stores, farm stores, Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, etc. Measure you rold one or bring it along, as they come in different lengths.
    I see JD gives some pretty detailed specs for that strap, more so than some of the more complex parts. :-)

Specification
    Weight: 0.24 LBS 0.11 Kg
    Length 475.000 MM
    Strap Width 17.500 MM
    End Type Code 0404
    End Size (1) 23.000 MM
    End Size (2) 23.000 MM
    Total No. Bolt Holes 0.00 MM
    Strap Color BLACK
    Strap Material RUBBER
    Finish
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails battery_strap.jpg

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I see JD gives some pretty detailed specs for that strap, more so than some of the more complex parts. :-)

Specification
    Weight: 0.24 LBS 0.11 Kg
    Length 475.000 MM
    Strap Width 17.500 MM
    End Type Code 0404
    End Size (1) 23.000 MM
    End Size (2) 23.000 MM
    Total No. Bolt Holes 0.00 MM
    Strap Color BLACK
    Strap Material RUBBER
    Finish
    J, where did you get the specifications from? I was able to get specs up to a couple months ago, then JD changed access to the parts catalogs. Now the"new" catalog site, John Deere Parts Catalog won't show me specs.

Is there another site?
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast