Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Hiwire

Thread: PTO Shaft compatability

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 08:45 PM
    Thanks

PTO Shaft compatability

Does anyone know for sure if shaft length will be the same on rear mount attachments when going from a 1025 to a 2025? I am GUESSING it will be the same. The added length appears to be in the front of the machine. I wouldnt mind a little more work space when hooking up attachments BUT i could do without the cost of adding new shafts. Im assuming if there is a change it would be longer, not shorter. The rotary cutter might be ok for an added couple inches but the tiller shaft is very short and not much wiggle room. I looked at the adjustable draft arm rod hoping they were the same. I had added the second adjustable one on the 1025 but it is much longer on the 2025. Maybe the longer arm allows use of the same hitch on the taller tractor and the rest is the same?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:45 PM
    Thanks
    FYI... I went to the dealer. He has a other 2025 sitting next to about 20 1025s. We connected a drawbar to the 3 point and measured to the PTO on both. It was not a scientific measurement, but close. They appear to be identical. Phew!! Unfortunately the asjustable bar is different BUT with more clearance I may not need that anyway. The important part is that it looks like I wont need to replace PTO shafts!
    rtgt and kylew like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements