Green Tractor Talk banner

1025r draft link for mower deck will not stay seated

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  MrCleanGreen 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 1025R and the draft link connecting the 60d mower deck to the front of the tractor will not stay seated in the cradle by the u bolts. I posted my issue in the spring and took the feedback and replaced the draft link and u bolts with new parts. But the darn link still pops out:(. So the only thing I can see is that the cradle that the draft link sits in was worn a little. I see some metal mushroomed out which must be causing just enough space to slip past the u bolts that hold it from piping out.

Anyone else have had this issue? The only solution I can think of is to fabricate a metal plate, as shown in my pictures, to fully cover the back of the draft link. I can use the two holes already there to hold it in place and stop using the u bolts. I appreciate any feedback if this is a good or bad idea.

Mower front draft link not being held by lock pins. 2015 1025r 60 mower deck

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Yes, member Pedals2Paddles had the same problem, with both the front and the rear hooks. He had a welder fill in the metal on the rears and made the slot near factory, which fixed the rears. I posted templates that he printed off so he could have his welder do the fill in.

Don't remember how he fixed the front. I'll get back to you, I'm searching for the thread about his situation.

#3 · (Edited)
What part will not stay seated? I thought you were talking about the long rod that catches on the front of the tractor. It appears it’s the back of the yoke that hooks to the front of the mower. What I don’t see in your pictures are the two pins that I have on my 2014 model. They are a u shaped pin that is threaded on one end. They go over the bracket on the front of the mower, pinning the yoke to the front of the bracket. The threaded end goes through one of the holes in the bracket on the mower deck and is held in place with a lock nut. Spring then hooks to the yoke which causes it to stay up off the ground so the bracket on front of tractor can catch the rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Well, he didn't respond anything that I saw on what he did to fix the front hooks, other than wrap a chain around the draft arm. Here's the link of his fixing of the rear arms.

60D mower draft arms and hooks severely worn out.. welded solution?

My post #5 has a pdf attached. That pdf is a template of both the front and rear deck arms. If you print it, you can cut out the front template and match it to yours to see how bad it is. Maybe it's worth having a welder fill it in? Otherwise, your idea of putting another plate on to encapsulate the draft arm is an idea I thought of also. I don't know if anyone has done it so I don't know if it'll work, but I think it would. If you do make plates, let us know how it works. I may have to do the same someday.

Reactions: PJR832
#5 ·
Cheesetrain, he replaced the draft arm and u-bolts and it's still popping out. I suspect the hooks on the front of the mower are worn beyond capable of holding it in. I think he took the u-bolts out to cut a template and post photos.

Reactions: PJR832
#8 ·
Been there, done that, wanted to roll it off a cliff. A plate to lock it in is not the solution. You need to fix the parts that are worn out. So if the front draft hooks are worn, you should have a welder build up that metal so it is the correct shape again. Also make sure the little u-bolts aren't also worn out.

See this thread where I had this battle recently. I had a welder fix everything. He built up the worn metal on the draft arms and the hooks (front and back). I also bought new u-bolts since those were worn out too. https://www.greentractortalk.com/fo...-hooks-severely-worn-out-welded-solution.html

#9 ·
Looks to me like you are missing the adjustment bolt that adjusts the height of the front draft arm when attaching. There is also a spring that holds the front draft arm in the elevated position so that it aligns with the front mounts on the tractor when installing.

Attachments

#10 ·
He's got the parts disassembled. He's having problems with the draft arm staying in. He's got a new draft arm and j-bolts, but I suspect the hooks on the deck are too worn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.