Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1025r draft link for mower deck will not stay seated

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks

1025r draft link for mower deck will not stay seated

I have a 2015 1025R and the draft link connecting the 60d mower deck to the front of the tractor will not stay seated in the cradle by the u bolts. I posted my issue in the spring and took the feedback and replaced the draft link and u bolts with new parts. But the darn link still pops out. So the only thing I can see is that the cradle that the draft link sits in was worn a little. I see some metal mushroomed out which must be causing just enough space to slip past the u bolts that hold it from piping out.

Anyone else have had this issue? The only solution I can think of is to fabricate a metal plate, as shown in my pictures, to fully cover the back of the draft link. I can use the two holes already there to hold it in place and stop using the u bolts. I appreciate any feedback if this is a good or bad idea.

Mower front draft link not being held by lock pins. 2015 1025r 60 mower deck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 843E0158-A4BF-469B-93F5-21AAF60C1E71.jpeg   8EBF5537-296D-4D40-90CA-28BD8FE17835.jpeg   FA74C8F0-E057-4C5F-AC87-B0B559F87D8E.jpeg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:37 PM
    Thanks
    Yes, member Pedals2Paddles had the same problem, with both the front and the rear hooks. He had a welder fill in the metal on the rears and made the slot near factory, which fixed the rears. I posted templates that he printed off so he could have his welder do the fill in.

Don't remember how he fixed the front. I'll get back to you, I'm searching for the thread about his situation.
    Last edited by kylew; 09-14-2019 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
    etcallhome and PJR832 like this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Thanks

1025r draft link for mower deck will not stay seated

What part will not stay seated? I thought you were talking about the long rod that catches on the front of the tractor. It appears it’s the back of the yoke that hooks to the front of the mower. What I don’t see in your pictures are the two pins that I have on my 2014 model. They are a u shaped pin that is threaded on one end. They go over the bracket on the front of the mower, pinning the yoke to the front of the bracket. The threaded end goes through one of the holes in the bracket on the mower deck and is held in place with a lock nut. Spring then hooks to the yoke which causes it to stay up off the ground so the bracket on front of tractor can catch the rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cheesetrain; 09-14-2019 at 07:59 PM.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Well, he didn't respond anything that I saw on what he did to fix the front hooks, other than wrap a chain around the draft arm. Here's the link of his fixing of the rear arms.

60D mower draft arms and hooks severely worn out.. welded solution?

My post #5 has a pdf attached. That pdf is a template of both the front and rear deck arms. If you print it, you can cut out the front template and match it to yours to see how bad it is. Maybe it's worth having a welder fill it in? Otherwise, your idea of putting another plate on to encapsulate the draft arm is an idea I thought of also. I don't know if anyone has done it so I don't know if it'll work, but I think it would. If you do make plates, let us know how it works. I may have to do the same someday.
    PJR832 likes this.

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Cheesetrain, he replaced the draft arm and u-bolts and it's still popping out. I suspect the hooks on the front of the mower are worn beyond capable of holding it in. I think he took the u-bolts out to cut a template and post photos.
    PJR832 likes this.

2014 1025R TLB

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    Cheesetrain, he replaced the draft arm and u-bolts and it's still popping out. I suspect the hooks on the front of the mower are worn beyond capable of holding it in. I think he took the u-bolts out to cut a template and post photos.
    Then the hooks on the front of mower deck must be worn pretty bad. I have to remove the two u bolts to get the front yoke off my mower. Even with the spring unhooked the yoke is still held tight.

kylew likes this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesetrain View Post
    Then the hooks on the front of mower deck must be worn pretty bad. I have to remove the two u bolts to get the front yoke off my mower. Even with the spring unhooked the yoke is still held tight.

Yeah, mine's still holding pretty well too, but I noticed a little wear so someday I may have to do something. You should see Pedals2Paddles hooks in that link I posted. You can see his are pretty worn.
    Last edited by kylew; 09-14-2019 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Fat finger spelling

2014 1025R TLB

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:29 AM
    Thanks
    Been there, done that, wanted to roll it off a cliff. A plate to lock it in is not the solution. You need to fix the parts that are worn out. So if the front draft hooks are worn, you should have a welder build up that metal so it is the correct shape again. Also make sure the little u-bolts aren't also worn out.

See this thread where I had this battle recently. I had a welder fix everything. He built up the worn metal on the draft arms and the hooks (front and back). I also bought new u-bolts since those were worn out too. https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...-solution.html
    kylew likes this.
    1025r | 60D | Forks | AV20F Grapple & 3rd SCV | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch w/ extended top hook | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    Looks to me like you are missing the adjustment bolt that adjusts the height of the front draft arm when attaching. There is also a spring that holds the front draft arm in the elevated position so that it aligns with the front mounts on the tractor when installing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inked60D mmm front draft arm_LI.jpg  
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    He's got the parts disassembled. He's having problems with the draft arm staying in. He's got a new draft arm and j-bolts, but I suspect the hooks on the deck are too worn.

2014 1025R TLB

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast