Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: 60D mower touching rear wheel when raised [fixed]

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:29 AM
    Thanks

60D mower touching rear wheel when raised [fixed]

How close should the 60D be to the back wheels? Just got the new machine machine w/60D and it wasn't level of course. So after I got it leveled out, I noticed the back of the deck is just about touching the back wheels. My old 1026R was definitely not that close. Would pulling in the front draft arms fix this? I'm not picturing how since that would be pulling the deck against the rear draft arm hooks and mess up the front/back level?

-- edit --

Fixed. Just needed to be leveled and the ramps adjusted forward. Easy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Deck Height.jpg  
    Last edited by Pedals2Paddles; 09-15-2019 at 09:44 AM. Reason: updated
    1025r | 60D | Forks | AV20F Grapple & 3rd SCV | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch w/ extended top hook | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Thanks
    I would say that you need to pull mower and check alignment of all brackets, etc. Looks like poor installation or damaged parts. I'd get it up on some wheel ramps and check out. Just because dealer assembled doesn't mean it's right. Most of the time they use their entry level employees and enough is not paid to details. The front may need adjusting to pull the mower forward and with your setup things might be binding.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,086 Times in 2,251 Posts
    What I would do...

Take the deck and all the attaching hardware off and start the installation from scratch.

1026R 1023E series mower setup and adjustment
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    I assume the mmm is engaged in the lift arm slots and fully engaged in the slots so that the latch is latched???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 60D LInkage Latch.PNG  
    PJR832 likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 05:04 AM
    Thanks
    The deck shouldn’t contact the tires. But there is very little clearance in the full up position. The tires in the pics look brand new to me. Wonder if they would be slightly over size ? Maybe over inflated ?
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:59 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Loosen the 2 nuts holding the drive over plate, slide the plate forward , then re tighten.
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, chex313 and 2 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Thanks
    I think this post points out the fact that even though people buy this equipment, there is hands on knowledge need to properly operate. I've never had a piece of equipment that I didn't have to make some adjustments maybe even alterations. I don't use my belly mower on my 1025R but I can tell you it has many adjustments that have to be made and maintence on the cradle connector if used. I use my as backhoe tractor and removed all the rattling items. But there are many, many adjustments one can make. I know JD likes the sales aspect but my opinion is one was going to use only as a mowing tractor would be to use the manual connected drive shaft and get the clearance adjusted from the front pull bracket. The mower deck attaching brackets are light as well as some other things and I wouldn't take much to damage the unit.
    etcallhome likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,435 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    What I would do...

Take the deck and all the attaching hardware off and start the installation from scratch.

1026R 1023E series mower setup and adjustment
    I don't think that the OP still has a 1026R, Stan. I don't know which model he has now, although the information in the thread you linked to has solved a lot of attachment problems for people.
    etcallhome, Gizmo2 and kylew like this.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:29 AM
    Thanks
    When I adjusted the level, I raised the side links up as high as possible. So that's probably why it didn't get too close to the wheel before now. I'm going to put my load-and-go brackets on this morning and run through the leveling procedure. I'm sure it will all line up once I'm done. I don't think there is much down there to be installed wrong, it is either attached or it isn't attached. Will advise.
    1025r | 60D | Forks | AV20F Grapple & 3rd SCV | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch w/ extended top hook | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,086 Times in 2,251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    I don't think that the OP still has a 1026R, Stan. I don't know which model he has now, although the information in the thread you linked to has solved a lot of attachment problems for people.
    I was just going by his signature....
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast