• 2 Post By jmonroe
  • 1 Post By rtgt

Thread: Air Intake Hose

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Thanks

Air Intake Hose

I have had my 1025r for just over 3 years and I was changing the air filters this past week when I noticed what appeared to be a kink in the hose between the air cleaner and the engine's air intake. I suppose I have never really taken too terribly close of a look at the hose before and made note of it's shape and so I am not sure if this is a kink in the hose that I need to address or if it is how the hose was formed.

I can't find pictured online that show the part well enough to know.

Does anyone else with a 1025r where the air cleaner is mounted to the engine have a pronounced kink in the hose where it bends?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Thanks
    I went out and took a picture if that helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3451.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	705306

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Thanks
    You may want to review the the first three stickies in the sub-compact forum. There is a significant issue with engine mounted air cleaners cracking the aluminum intake runner (often mistaken for the valve cover). In turn, the aluminum is ingested into the engine, resulting in catastrophic engine failure. Apparently, just last week JD released an updated bulletin whereas they will upgrade the air cleaner to a core support mounted air cleaner at no charge. Yours should fall within this no charge upgrade.
    raco232 and Toughsox like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks, I will do that.

I had not yet seen that Deere was covering the cost of the air filter alternate mounting. Having just bought new air filters 2 weeks ago, I was going to hold off on buying the parts for the relocation and just get this one hose. Now, if I can get the new mounting for free, that is even better.

To come back and answer my own question...

Looking at the photos on this thread
    1025R Air Filter issue
    it would appear that my hose has kinked and I should certainly fix it one way or another.
    Toughsox likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Thanks
    Like other guys have said. A good way to solve the problem wre: 1025 air filter issues would be to order the replacement parts and install. The replacement is a total plus and your problem now is resolved. I went green farm parts delivered to the door and no addition cost for dealer delivery and time delay rig repair.
    PJR832 and Toughsox like this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The upgraded/re-located air filter housing utilize a different filter and that is included in the warranty coverage. So you'll not want to utilize those you just purchased and return them.
    PJR832 and Toughsox like this.
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    647 Tiller

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,535 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmonroe View Post
    Thanks, I will do that.

I had not yet seen that Deere was covering the cost of the air filter alternate mounting. Having just bought new air filters 2 weeks ago, I was going to hold off on buying the parts for the relocation and just get this one hose. Now, if I can get the new mounting for free, that is even better.

To come back and answer my own question...

Looking at the photos on this thread
    1025R Air Filter issue
    it would appear that my hose has kinked and I should certainly fix it one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    The upgraded/re-located air filter housing utilize a different filter and that is included in the warranty coverage. So you'll not want to utilize those you just purchased and return them.
    The new air filters are shorter than the ones you bought to replace the original air cleaner and as Martin said, they won't fit the new air cleaner. If you do have any other equipment with that style air filter, check as I found my old style air cleaners fit my Kawasaki gas engine air cleaner on my Exmark Zero turn perfectly. Of course, if you buy them from Deere, they are about 25% more than what they are from my local small engine shop that is the dealer for the zero turn. So, either return them and get a spare new set of inner and outer filters for the NEW canister or use them in another air cleaner if you happen to have one on another engine. Doesn't have to be a diesel engine, just the same canister style air cleaner which there are millions of them out there.

Also, just FYI, several people have ordered replacement filters on line for the "new style" air cleaners, which are 2018 and forward and several have gotten the old style filters, so if you order through an online source, verify the actual filter size, as many have not updated their application charts to reflect the new style core support mounted canisters on 2018 and forward. The change took place in 2018 during the production run so some early 2018 tractors have been found to have the "old style" air cleaners on them. Its easy to tell the difference as the new filter canister is mounted to the radiator core support and sits sideways in the engine compartment, instead of parallel to the engine like the old style filter on your machine (presently).......
    Toughsox likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Following up here, I contacted my dealer, mentioned the kinked hose and the fact that my hold down strap had broken (they all do). They checked my serial number and indicated that I qualified for the air cleaner update. The thing is, they would not give me the parts because they claimed Deere needed them to document it. However, they are picking it up, doing the repair and returning it free of charge.

It is disappointing that I just put in those new filters. Unfortunately, I have run them for about 8 hours already and threw out the boxes after I put them in. I had already planned to do that maintenance. It is just too bad that those nearly new filters will get thrown out.
    rtgt and Toughsox like this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 828 Posts
    On the bright side, they are fixing you up for free, including transport.
    Toughsox likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I don't know the environment you're operating in, but I suspect you're changing filters too soon, especially the inner. Take the guess work out of it and add an air restriction gauge to the air cleaner housing when you get it back.
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    647 Tiller

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements