Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Bucket level rod loose at cylinder

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 09:11 PM
    Thanks

Bucket level rod loose at cylinder

Notice my bucket level indicator rod is rattling and started binding where it runs through the loop at the bend in the rod.
    It's bolted to the curl cylinder and that nut is backed way off allowing a lot of slop in the rod holding part.
    This nut looks like it should be snug up to the frame where the cylinder is mounted, but has to allow the cylinder to move.

What's the proper way to tighten this nut to get the slop out the level indicator rod holder part?
    I'm guessing an impact. You put a wrench on it and the whole outfit turns.

I also wonder why & how the nut backed off.. ???

Thanks
    2014 1025R, 120R loader

"ain't too smart, but I'm always thinkin"

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,244 Posts
    If I recall, my 200CX loader level indicator is the same way. Do you have a photo of the bolt you think is loose?
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I'll go snap one and will have to get it from my dumb phone to the compooter.

In the meantime, what bothers me is that rod got bent. When it cleared the "loop" it was heading for hydraulic lines on the loader arm. It could have been a disaster.
    I took it apart and straightened it but afraid it may wind up doing the same thing til I get it buttoned up to cylinder.
    2014 1025R, 120R loader

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_1189.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	706036

Note the amount of threads showing compared to the left side.

Name:	IMG_1190.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	706038

Name:	IMG_1191.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	706040
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1189.JPG
    2014 1025R, 120R loader

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The L bracket thickness will take up quite a bit of the threaded stud.
    Wonder if someone could show a photo of another tractor to compare.
    I just don't think that sucker should be rattling loosey goosey.
    Last edited by Corkpuller; 09-21-2019 at 02:30 PM.
    2014 1025R, 120R loader

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I went down to the garage and took a few photos of the level indicator on the 200CX as it is the same mechanism. As shown, my L-bracket is loose on the bolt even those the bolt appears to be tight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2463.JPG IMG_2459a.JPG IMG_2461a.JPG IMG_2460.JPG
    Gizmo2, rtgt, OxPath and 2 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thank you very much, your efforts are appreciated.
    Now I need to find out the correct procedure for assembly, as in if it was all taken apart and put back together.

I'm at the lake with limited tools. Heading home tomorrow and may try to put an impact(low pressure) on it.
    I'm guessing that stud is threaded to allow for the L bracket, and the nut will only thread on there so far.

Now, if it backed off once, why? It could be that stud failed and I'll have to replace the whole shootin match.
    2014 1025R, 120R loader

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    Thank you very much, your efforts are appreciated.
    Now I need to find out the correct procedure for assembly, as in if it was all taken apart and put back together.

I'm at the lake with limited tools. Heading home tomorrow and may try to put an impact(low pressure) on it.
    I'm guessing that stud is threaded to allow for the L bracket, and the nut will only thread on there so far.

Now, if it backed off once, why? It could be that stud failed and I'll have to replace the whole shootin match.
    Maybe I misunderstood your original post. Why do you feel it needs tightened? Mine is loose also. Is your nut completely loose?

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    The rod that extends back and forth was bent.
    I noticed a few days ago that when it would get to the point where the bend in the rod travels through the "loop" it would chatter like hell and act like it was out of alignment.

Today when loading on the trailer it got to the same point at the loop and the end was running into the loader arm. Had to stop, take it apart and found it was bent pretty good. What's really strange is that I believe the bent section was the end that lives in the sleeve, below the set screw.

Trying to figure out how it got bent in the first place. All I could think of is that nut don't seem to be snugged up correctly.
    2014 1025R, 120R loader

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 04:49 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corkpuller View Post
    The rod that extends back and forth was bent.
    I noticed a few days ago that when it would get to the point where the bend in the rod travels through the "loop" it would chatter like hell and act like it was out of alignment.

Today when loading on the trailer it got to the same point at the loop and the end was running into the loader arm. Had to stop, take it apart and found it was bent pretty good. What's really strange is that I believe the bent section was the end that lives in the sleeve, below the set screw.

Trying to figure out how it got bent in the first place. All I could think of is that nut don't seem to be snugged up correctly.
    It looks pretty normal from the pics I have seen so far. It is supposed to be nice and loose.

Do you have a pic showing the whole rod so that we can see better what you are talking about?
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast