Like Tree13Likes

Thread: What is better deal 1025r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:22 AM
    Thanks

What is better deal 1025r

Ok which is a better deal
    1- 2017 1025r 60auto connect deck hyd deck lift front hood guard 176 hrs drivetrain warranty thru 2023. $11,000
    2- 2015 1025r 60 auto connect deck hyd deck lift front hood guard loader 245 hrs no warranty but supposedly gone thru at dealer and no issues selling to ge5 a big zero turn $12,000 or best offer
    My dealer says $4000 to put a loader on
    The 2015 has my attention cause has more value but th3 17 has warranty
    Thoughts and opinions
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 10:43 PM
    Thanks
    Definitely #1

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 10:43 PM
    Thanks
    Hmm wait. I missed the loader on the second one. Not so definite
    jdforever likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:22 AM
    Thanks
    I’m just leery of buying a used tractor from someone I don’t know is my only hold up
    Toughsox likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:15 PM
    Thanks
    Personally warranties are not that much of a deciding factor for me, maybe I have had good luck over the years.

For what they want for the first one plus add another $4k puts you at $15k. If warranties are important for you, at that price I would look for a 0% for 60 deal and take the $15K or whatever as a down payment on a new one. You get the attachments cheaper as they can roll into the 0% offer normally and you have a better warranty and no worries about a beat up machine. Also there was a slight design revision I think with the 2018? Maybe someone can confirm the year of the changes. I think both of these are the earlier versions. I don't have a 1025R and haven't followed them that close to see what all the changes are but I think TTWT has a video when he got his "new" one and compared some of the differences. Maybe you will find them important to you and help with the decision. Maybe not.

If it had to be option 1 or 2 then I would go 2 personally. But that is completely based off the limited info you provided. I would look both of them over first. Warranty or not.

For comparison here is a 2014 1025R at my local dealer. Consider it a price check if nothing else. I don't think it has a mower so that would add probably something like $1500-2000 if I were to guess.

John-Deere-1025R-415

Here is the video I was thinking of.

Deere 1025R Internal Changes. More extensive than I thought! (vs. 2014) - YouTube

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sennister For This Useful Post:

Tractor Tim (09-25-2019)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:32 PM
    Thanks
    Pretty sure the design change was in 2018 with an air filter mount change in mid 2018. Both the 2017 and 2015 are the same model 1025r.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopher76 View Post
    Pretty sure the design change was in 2018 with an air filter mount change in mid 2018. Both the 2017 and 2015 are the same model 1025r.
    Yeah I agree, I am pretty sure that in either case the two machines he mentioned are before the design update. That is partly why I wanted to mention that there was a change which he may not know about and maybe it is another factor to consider if trying to decide on what direction to go. More so if he is considering the newer one just because of the warranty. Why spend that much on a 2017 with a warranty when you are getting into the ball park for a new one with the updates, which has a better warranty and little to no risk of being beat up by a previous owner?

If he is looking at $15K, what is a new one with FEL and 60". Maybe another $3k ($18K or so) if I were to guess? Most places won't finance a used one and for sure not at 0% if they do. So lets say he is coming out of pocket for the $15k. He could still put that down and have a really small payment on a new machine with a better warranty. If they are looking at an in house finance package, a new one might work out to be cheaper if they have 0%. Not sure it is available right now but it is pretty common where they offer 0% on the 1 series. Some people don't like carrying a loan. I get that but heck with 0% it is hard to not use their money. Throw the $15K in a CD at the bank and you get the interest.

I don't know, it is just me trying to spend someone else's money. $11K on the 2015 isn't that bad of a deal I don't think if one is trying to keep costs down. My dealer has that 2014 with less hours than even the 2017 he is looking at for a little less money but it doesn't have the mower. By adding that into the package puts it somewhere in between the two. So, the price for the '15 isn't bad. Really unlike the car market the model year doesn't mean a lot with tractors unless there was a design change. Some design changes are for the good and some for the bad though. Case in point I would rather have a tractor without all the emissions stuff they add. So, if looking used I would rather have a slightly older 1026R over the 1025R that fell in the 2014 or so age range. Once you get to the 2017 age I might flip up to a new 2018+ with the design changes depending on what they are. I do want to say one had to do with it is easier to remove the panels for service if I recall from the video I watched quite a while ago.

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:32 PM
    Thanks
    Deere i's offerering 0% right now and I agree it would be worth looking at a new 1025r set up the way you want it. They also have the 2 attachment rebate. Might be able to get a great deal if paying cash instead of financing as there is a rebate for that as well.
    jdforever and Toughsox like this.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopher76 View Post
    Deere i's offerering 0% right now and I agree it would be worth looking at a new 1025r set up the way you want it. They also have the 2 attachment rebate. Might be able to get a great deal if paying cash instead of financing as there is a rebate for that as well.
    Yep

1 Series Sub-Compact Tractors for sale | John Deere US

It is fun to spend other people's money...

It comes down to what the OP is comfortable with. Personally I would skip the 2017. Go new or the 2015 depending on numbers.
    SulleyBear likes this.

JD X585, 54C deck,

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:42 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,535 Times in 1,418 Posts
    A private individual who NEEDS to sell the machine to get a different machine is likely to be more in the negotiating mood than the dealer.

One other very important point with EITHER machine, I would run the tractors VIN number through a dealer database to obtain its service and repair history under warranty. That will tell you what the machine has had done in terms of service and warranty repairs.

Also, regarding the privately owned tractor, make sure if he has any debt against the machine, you have PROOF it is satisfied or that you are provided with proof of no lien or debt on the machine. Many people finance through Deere for their 0% money and you need to be able to know the machine you are buying is free of any liens or encumbrances.

There are some People who sell their tractors and just keep making the payments to Deere and as long as Deere is getting their money, they usually don't raise a ruckus. But if the payment isn't made, YOUR new to you tractor could be pulled into a legal fight and you want to avoid that at all costs. With nearly 8 out of 10 Deere scuts financed with Deere for a period of 60 to 84 months, most have a lien for the first 5 to 7 years....keep this in mind. New tractors and equipment paid in cash is the exception, not the rule so make sure to check on this.

A dealer who sells a piece of equipment with a lien is very rare and if it did happen, the dealers are likely very quickly going to remedy the situation. They stand to lose their business reputation and also get in hot water with their lenders, etc, not to mention facing possible criminal charges. Not so the case with a private party selling a machine with an existing lien or debt. That becomes a civil matter for the court system and you want to avoid this at all costs. You stand to either lose the machine you paid for, or you would have to settle the debt of the prior owner, which means you are paying for the machine twice.

Not only would I demand to have written proof of no debt or that the debt is satisfied, I would personally contact the lender, if there is one to make sure the debt has been paid and the liens and UCC filings on the equipment have been cleared. Most people are honest, but its too important to take someone's word that you don't know. I recently sold a garden tractor to someone I have known for 25 years and I provided him with a paid receipt and proof of no debt for his records, just as I would expect him to provide to me were the tables reversed.

Even extremely knowledgeable and intelligent people can end up being swindled. There is a thread on GTT about someone buying a tractor at a charity auction and the tractor was stolen. It's been well more than a year and the person who bought it is out the money and doesn't have the tractor and is battling in the legal system. So don't think it can't and doesn't happen, even to those who are very well versed in tractors, purchasing them and their ownership and use.

One last thought, Make sure to ask about all of the attachments and implements the FSBO might have for their machine. If they are going to a zero turn machine, they are won't need any tractor related attachments and you might be able to score some good stuff for little or no additional cash outlay.....Stuff like spare parts, accessories, implements, attachments, etc. Make sure to ask......
    jdforever, jdforever, Jep and 2 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast