3rd function controller (droopy bucket question)

Thread: 3rd function controller (droopy bucket question)

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 02:07 PM
    Thanks

3rd function controller (droopy bucket question)

Hello I have a kinda dumb question I am thinking of getting a grapple in the future for my 1026R and I know I will need a third function controller or diverter (not sure if there is a difference). My question is my tractor has the droopy bucket syndrome if I install the third function controller does this bypass the SCV and would it solve my DBS. Thanks in advance Rick

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beppi View Post
    ... My question is my tractor has the droopy bucket syndrome if I install the third function controller does this bypass the SCV and would it solve my DBS. Thanks in advance Rick
    I don't think adding a third function would affect DBS but it might be helpful to someone else to know for certain if you have Droopy Bucket Syndrome or Floppy Bucket Syndrome. They are very different issues and it has been common for people to get them mixed up, or not realize that they are different things.

I would not tolerate having DBS, several of the tractors I tested at the dealership had the issue - which surprised the salesman. DBS can can be dangerous, you never want your bucket to drop suddenly when you are trying to gently curl it. If I had DBS I would try to get the dealer to fix it. The only fix is a replacement of the SCV, maybe DTAC 92992 would help.

FBS on the other hand is just a minor annoyance.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:31 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,075 Times in 2,541 Posts
    Adding a 3rd function will not "solve" DBS/FBS, its plumbed in to the main hydraulic flow of the tractor before or after the FEL valve and completely independent from.
    A diverter just switches control of the bucket to the grapple intermittently, the FEL valve is still used for directional control so to some extent the DBS/FBS condition will show up in the grapple-but will not be as pronounced in the grapple.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements