Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 1025r hour meter reset itself!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Thanks

1025r hour meter reset itself!

I used my 1025r this morning to mow, then parked it in the driveway withfhe key in the off switch in the ignition (like i do every time).

Came back to it about 7 hours later it would not start. Battery dead. Recharged the battery and when it started up the hour meter was at zero!

Wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jdforever and Herminator like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-27-2019 @ 07:39 PM
    Thanks
    Mine did that and when I replaced the battery it read correct again. Hope it works for you.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,521 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hershmeister View Post
    I used my 1025r this morning to mow, then parked it in the driveway withfhe key in the off switch in the ignition (like i do every time).

Came back to it about 7 hours later it would not start. Battery dead. Recharged the battery and when it started up the hour meter was at zero!

Wtf?
    I would load test the battery even though it recharged. Batteries don't tolerate the shaking and diesel vibrations real well and often only last a couple of years.

Load tester I use and its a very handy tool and one which saves time and money dealing with any 12 volt vehicles......

https://www.amazon.com/OTC-3180-Batt...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Also, the battery load tester will not only determine the health of the battery and whether it needs to be replaced, once you start the tractor and leave the load tester connected to the battery, it will show the charging system output and whether its meeting the needs of maintaining the battery correctly.

Should you need an alternator for your tractor, I have a brand new one which is the OEM alternator removed from my tractor with 1 hr on it when it was upgraded to the larger amp alternator (double the stock alternator amps). I will make you a real deal on it and send it to you if it turns out your alternator needs to be replaced (which isn't likely....they usually last 1,200 to 1,500 hours from my experience).........

If it turns out your alternator is not charging as needed, send me a PM and we can talk about the new alternator for a fraction of what Deere gets for one........
    glc likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:22 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hershmeister View Post

Wtf?

Congratulations, you just got a new tractor!
    glc, jgayman, blue87fj60 and 3 others like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Thanks

Try re-booting

The microprocessor may have lost its mind when its power source was low on voltage. Try disconnecting the battery for about 30 seconds and then reconnect it to re-boot.
    kylew likes this.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Congratulations, you just got a new tractor!
    Curse my mechanical hour meter!!!!!!!
    glc, kylew and Toughsox like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:12 AM
    Thanks
    Fun thread, a whole bunch of guys read this and are disconnecting and reconnecting the battery for a great dealer upgrade trade in!
    glc, jgayman, Hershmeister and 2 others like this.
    2016-1025 FILB, 54" FEL, 54" Front Blower, 54" MMM, Brush Guards, Front and rear LED work lights
    BXpanded-backhoe thumb, bucket teeth, backhoe dolly
    Kens hooks w/ shackles (3 on Bucket), Diff Lock Pedal, backhoe steps
    Artillian Blinders
    Bush hog SBX 480 box blade, BX 600 box Blade
    Frontier LR2060L landscape Rake w/ gauge wheels, subsoiler
    Woods RBC 60 Rear Blade
    Land Pride QH-15 quick hitch
    Everything Attachments 60" Pine Needle Raked
    Garber Easy Seed 60" drop spreader

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Thanks
    Unless there is something defective, it wouldn't make sense to have an hour meter that would loose it's memory when the power is removed. The meter should have a non-volatile memory that could go months if not years without power applied.
    Toughsox likes this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:06 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 Times in 1,231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    Unless there is something defective, it wouldn't make sense to have an hour meter that would loose it's memory when the power is removed. The meter should have a non-volatile memory that could go months if not years without power applied.
    Agree, there must be something defective or there was some freak voltage spike. Having an hour meter or odometer that resets itself when power is removed would be kind of silly.
    jimmylh and Toughsox like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 04:24 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    Most likely there is a bug somewhere in the controller that is causing an invalid read / display when voltage is low. By other accounts, removing all power for 30 seconds and re-attaching will reset he computer enough to properly display hours.

Iím interested if this fixes the issue or not. If the actual memory is corrupted by something as common as low/high voltage then we all have new dash computers coming to us for free. If itís just a temporary display / read issue that just means that dealers will hook up to a stable power source before doing a trade. Similarly, until we know more, of you are looking at a tractor, make sure you verify hours before just going with whatís on the meter. Frankly, if this is a true corruption of the NVRAM, the whole used Deere market is at massive risk.

Toughsox likes this.
    2018 1025R | 120R FEL | 260B Backhoe | 60" MMM w/ Autoconnect | 54" Quick Hitch Snow Blower w/ Spout Control | 54" Quick Hitch Blade | Artillian 3k with 42" Forks | Titan Ballast Box | LED Lighting kit

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast