Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Bought a new J.D. 1025r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 04:33 PM
    Thanks

Bought a new J.D. 1025r

canada

I am new to this forum, a soon to be in possession of my new 1025r . ( Loader and deck and some other assorted attachments )
    I have a good feeling about this purchase ( had a 2012 JD x360 , front snow blower, and 48" deck ) and had to upgrade because of
    our new home and property. Like some other forums, this seems to be fueled by a lot of very knowledgeable people with these compact tractors.
    I see many many threads on things that went wrong, broke , didn't work or is missing ? and wonder about owning this unit. I am sure they work
    very well, when operated within their limits but I question the quality of the build.
    I have watched many of the U Tube John Deere videos and see why these tractors are so popular. Besides fun, they appear to do the jobs very well. I am looking
    forward to experiencing the operation of the 1025r.

Rick Hillner
    2019 1025r , deck, loader, quick attach , i match connections, forks, drop spreader, and probably a few more attachments in the future

Bancroft, Ontario , Canada:
    Last edited by Ricmar; 09-28-2019 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Canadian flag wouldn't load ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,086 Times in 2,251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricmar View Post

I am new to this forum, a soon to be in possession of my new 1025r . ( Loader and deck and some other assorted attachments )
    I have a good feeling about this purchase ( had a 2012 JD x360 , front snow blower, and 48" deck ) and had to upgrade because of
    our new home and property. Like some other forums, this seems to be fueled by a lot of very knowledgeable people with these compact tractors.
    I see many many threads on things that went wrong, broke , didn't work or is missing ? and wonder about owning this unit. I am sure they work
    very well, when operated within their limits but I question the quality of the build.

I have watched many of the U Tube John Deere videos and see why these tractors are so popular. Besides fun, they appear to do the jobs very well. I am looking
    forward to experiencing the operation of the 1025r.

Rick Hillner
    2019 1025r , deck, loader, quick attach , i match connections, forks, drop spreader, and probably a few more attachments in the future

Bancroft, Ontario , Canada: canada
    It's the nature of any forum. You are reading about a very small sampling of owners.

When folks have an issue a lot will seek help in a forum like this. People who do not have any problems likely won't be on a forum like this. Hence the reason you think you are seeing a lot of problem tractors. Might be 1% or 2% have issues of some kind.

Don't second guess yourself now - you pulled the trigger and have one on the way.
    OxPath, Ray_PA, rjpoog1989 and 2 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

Ricmar†(09-28-2019)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 PM
    Thanks

First of all Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of units out there and most of the time when someone posts it going to be about a problem and not how everything has been working fine. So you have to keep that in mind.
    Ray_PA, Catfishin, kylew and 1 others like this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,536 Times in 1,419 Posts
    While there are threads of some issues, overall, these units are very reliable and many have a lot of use and a lot of hours put on them, often in short periods of time.

Make sure you get a Technical Service Manual with your tractor, whether you want it in CD-Rom or book form, they are very helpful to the tractor owner who wants to properly maintain their tractor. Make sure the manual is a John Deere Technical Service Manual and not one of the many generic "tractor manuals" which are sold on Ebay and other sources on the web. This will provide you the necessary information to put much of your worries and concerns at bay and enjoy your new machine.

Sounds like this is your first diesel machine and they are different than the x3xx you previously had. Make sure since you are in Canada that you treat your diesel fuel for cold weather operation. There are dozens, if not more threads on the subject which provide all of the details you will need.

The diesel machines also vibrate more than gas machines, which are a nature of their operation. This tends to cause some things to rattle loose over time and its just something to keep an eye on. It's also suggested you check the wheel lug nuts at about 10 hours or before and then during subsequent service intervals.

You are going to enjoy your new machine. There are going to be many differences from your old machine and make sure to be very careful with carrying any loads high in your front end loader. Keep the loads low and the machine slow when carrying a lot of weight. Also, ballast, ballast, ballast front and rear, depending upon the implement being used.

There are endless discussions on the use of these machines and the wide range of implements. The advanced search feature here on GTT can bring all sorts of helpful information and the experience of others to you. Build a good relationship with your dealer and use the experience and knowledge of this forum to your benefit and the experience with your new machine is going to be a good one. Likely, a great one.

Welcome to GTT and congratulations on your purchase.....
    Ray_PA, rjpoog1989, kylew and 2 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    It's the nature of any forum. You are reading about a very small sampling of owners.

When folks have an issue a lot will seek help in a forum like this. People who do not have any problems likely won't be on a forum like this. Hence the reason you think you are seeing a lot of problem tractors. Might be 1% or 2% have issues of some kind.

Don't second guess yourself now - you pulled the trigger and have one on the way.
    I was a diesel pusher, motor home owner, and not a new one. So thank god for these like - forum members. Saved me a lot of money and time by their experiences . I see from these responses I am in good hands ( membership shows care and concern, very grateful )

Thanks
    coaltrain likes this.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    While there are threads of some issues, overall, these units are very reliable and many have a lot of use and a lot of hours put on them, often in short periods of time.

Make sure you get a Technical Service Manual with your tractor, whether you want it in CD-Rom or book form, they are very helpful to the tractor owner who wants to properly maintain their tractor. Make sure the manual is a John Deere Technical Service Manual and not one of the many generic "tractor manuals" which are sold on Ebay and other sources on the web. This will provide you the necessary information to put much of your worries and concerns at bay and enjoy your new machine.

Sounds like this is your first diesel machine and they are different than the x3xx you previously had. Make sure since you are in Canada that you treat your diesel fuel for cold weather operation. There are dozens, if not more threads on the subject which provide all of the details you will need.

The diesel machines also vibrate more than gas machines, which are a nature of their operation. This tends to cause some things to rattle loose over time and its just something to keep an eye on. It's also suggested you check the wheel lug nuts at about 10 hours or before and then during subsequent service intervals.

You are going to enjoy your new machine. There are going to be many differences from your old machine and make sure to be very careful with carrying any loads high in your front end loader. Keep the loads low and the machine slow when carrying a lot of weight. Also, ballast, ballast, ballast front and rear, depending upon the implement being used.

There are endless discussions on the use of these machines and the wide range of implements. The advanced search feature here on GTT can bring all sorts of helpful information and the experience of others to you. Build a good relationship with your dealer and use the experience and knowledge of this forum to your benefit and the experience with your new machine is going to be a good one. Likely, a great one.

Welcome to GTT and congratulations on your purchase.....

I was a diesel pusher, motor home owner, and not a new one. So thank god for these like - forum members. Saved me a lot of money and time by their experiences . I see from these responses I am in good hands ( membership shows care and concern, very grateful )

Thanks !
    SulleyBear likes this.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmylh View Post
    First of all Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of units out there and most of the time when someone posts it going to be about a problem and not how everything has been working fine. So you have to keep that in mind.

Thanks again, and I appreciate any and all the information that is provided.
    jimmylh likes this.

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post

I will probably be a regular on this site, reading and asking ! Its a comfort to know there are people who like sharing.

Thanks

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 05:53 AM
    Thanks
    Hey neighbor, welcome to the forum. I know you will enjoy your time here. There are no dumb questions, but we all enjoy pictures. Read away, there's a 'POP' quiz at the end of each month!
    Ricmar likes this.
    2018 JD 1025r, 54" mower deck, backhoe, front-end-loader, Braber Equipment post hole auger, 9 and 12" augers,
    1999 +/- Craftsman lawn tractor, 46" mower deck.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,086 Times in 2,251 Posts
    I will probably be a regular on this site, reading and asking ! Its a comfort to know there are people who like sharing.

Thanks
    We have a very good group here. Iíve been a member of a few different forums over the years but have never seen a group like this. Helpful without any trash talk. Itís really quite refreshing!
    Ray_PA and Ricmar like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast