How to remove 1025r battery? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: How to remove 1025r battery?

  1. Top | #21

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    10-27-2019 @ 09:46 AM
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bama1025r View Post
    It took me about 10 minutes as well, however I must confess to using a deep well socket instead of a wrench.
    I used a deep socket to remove the 2 nuts off the adjustment side but when I removed the 2 nuts on the opposite, outside, side the light is trapped behind the surrounding frame. How do you get the light off after removing the 4 nuts? Mine is a 2015 1025r. Is the process different?
    Marlin likes this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #22

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    I think you unfortunately have removed the wrong bolts. Mine is a 2018 model but I am guessing it’s still the same. The bolts you removed are the Horizontal headlight adjustment bolts which will not let you remove headlights. You need to look for the vertical bolt that has a male torex end to the side of each headlight. There is one bolt for each headlight.
    Marlin likes this.

  4. Top | #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Location
    Charlevoix, Michigan
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    On my 1026R I tipped the battery on end with the Vent tube pointing up and slid it out. The new battery was a sealed battery so there was no concern of acid spilling. Hopefully the new battery will also last for 7 years.
    keane, Marlin and SulleyBear like this.
    1994 JD 445 with 54" MMM
    2012 JD 1026R with FEL, 54" MMM, I-Match, King Kutter 4' Flex Hitch Rotary Kutter L-48-40-P-FH, JD Ballast Box.
    47" Snow Blower, 54" Front Blade, Fits Both Tractors Quick Hitch
    Tektite Cab to the 1026R

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #24
    John Deere 1025R TLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:18 AM
    Location
    Scranton, PA Area
    Posts
    2,458
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 169 Times in 157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundancer268 View Post
    On my 1026R I tipped the battery on end with the Vent tube pointing up and slid it out. The new battery was a sealed battery so there was no concern of acid spilling. Hopefully the new battery will also last for 7 years.
    How about the mfg name and number of that battery. Are you in a cold climate?

    Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
    Marlin and SulleyBear like this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

  7. Top | #25

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Location
    Charlevoix, Michigan
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by John Deere 1025R TLB View Post
    How about the mfg name and number of that battery. Are you in a cold climate?

    Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk


    I am in Northwest Lower Michigan, Cold but not bitter cold, I am blessed with something called Lake Effect Snow so dependability is the most important thing for me so I will always buy the biggest battery I can fit into any of my vehicles/implements.

    I have tried to attach a picture of the CARQUEST label both in Firefox and from Internet explorer, but when I select the picture, I do not get the OK or Cancel button unless I have the URL tab selected and that doesn't insert the picture from my Hard Drive. I think a picture of the label will be the best way to convey the information as there is no fat fingered mistakes. If I do this right, it is a CARQUEST Gold 51R-2, 500 CCA. I wish the picture thing was working properly!
    1994 JD 445 with 54" MMM
    2012 JD 1026R with FEL, 54" MMM, I-Match, King Kutter 4' Flex Hitch Rotary Kutter L-48-40-P-FH, JD Ballast Box.
    47" Snow Blower, 54" Front Blade, Fits Both Tractors Quick Hitch
    Tektite Cab to the 1026R

  8. Top | #26
    kylew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Location
    Grass Lk, Michigan
    Posts
    1,335
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 292 Times in 243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundancer268 View Post
    I am in Northwest Lower Michigan, Cold but not bitter cold, I am blessed with something called Lake Effect Snow so dependability is the most important thing for me so I will always buy the biggest battery I can fit into any of my vehicles/implements.

    I have tried to attach a picture of the CARQUEST label both in Firefox and from Internet explorer, but when I select the picture, I do not get the OK or Cancel button unless I have the URL tab selected and that doesn't insert the picture from my Hard Drive. I think a picture of the label will be the best way to convey the information as there is no fat fingered mistakes. If I do this right, it is a CARQUEST Gold 51R-2, 500 CCA. I wish the picture thing was working properly!
    The picture thing is working properly. When you select "Insert Image", only "From URL" wil give you OK or CANCEL options. "From Computer" tab is what you want. When that comes up, click "Choose File". Another window should pop up asking where to find the file you want to upload. Select the file you want, click OK or DONE if needed to get back to the "Insert Image" box. Next to the "Choose File" button, the text of "No File Chosen" will be replaced with the name of your chosen file. Click "Upload File(s)". It may take a minute to upload.... depends on the size of the file and system congestion. When it's done, the box will close and your picture will attach to the body of your message.
    Marlin likes this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

    2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

    The Mrs. has 2014 X360

  9. Top | #27
    Marlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:16 PM
    Location
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Posts
    4,750
    Thanks
    2,027
    Thanked 807 Times in 479 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hershmeister View Post
    Ok -figured it out

    here is the deal. Remove the drivers side headlight. Its bolts are slightly easier to get to. Then carefully lift it and try not to dice your hand on the oul cooler. Ask me how i know.



    Quote Originally Posted by bama1025r View Post
    I have a 2016 1025R and changed mine a month or so ago. Removed the right headlight, removed the battery cables and a bungee cord. Then I lifted it out. Installation reverse of removal. I found it quite simple.




    This is the process I used . . . When I went to Sears for a replacement they didn't have the exact size replacement, just one a little smaller, but the same CCA, etc. That made the re-install much simpler.

    bama1025r and kylew like this.
    Marlin

    JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear



    https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin...9-2fca25bc3f83



  10. Top | #28

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Location
    Charlevoix, Michigan
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    The picture thing is working properly. When you select "Insert Image", only "From URL" wil give you OK or CANCEL options. "From Computer" tab is what you want. When that comes up, click "Choose File". Another window should pop up asking where to find the file you want to upload. Select the file you want, click OK or DONE if needed to get back to the "Insert Image" box. Next to the "Choose File" button, the text of "No File Chosen" will be replaced with the name of your chosen file. Click "Upload File(s)". It may take a minute to upload.... depends on the size of the file and system congestion. When it's done, the box will close and your picture will attach to the body of your message.
    Ok, I guess you have to be smarter than the computer.


    Anyway this is what I installed. I don't know why it is upside down, it shows up correctly on my computer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails John Deere 1026R Battery.jpg  
    Last edited by Sundancer268; 11-07-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    kylew likes this.
    1994 JD 445 with 54" MMM
    2012 JD 1026R with FEL, 54" MMM, I-Match, King Kutter 4' Flex Hitch Rotary Kutter L-48-40-P-FH, JD Ballast Box.
    47" Snow Blower, 54" Front Blade, Fits Both Tractors Quick Hitch
    Tektite Cab to the 1026R

  11. Top | #29
    kylew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Location
    Grass Lk, Michigan
    Posts
    1,335
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 292 Times in 243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundancer268 View Post
    Ok, I guess you have to be smarter than the computer.

    Anyway this is what I installed. I don't know why it is upside down, it shows up correctly on my computer.
    Photos you want to upload here and taken with a phone, should be taken in landscape mode, with the 'Home' button on the right when you snap the picture. Photos that come out like what you just posted.... if you edit it first, even if it's a small change, usually will post correctly here. Many times I'll crop the photo, even if I barely resize it smaller. Then GTT usually accepts it without rotating it. Preview your post first and you can see how it will come out. One of those, it is what it is things, just have to adjust for it.
    Yank likes this.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

    2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

    The Mrs. has 2014 X360

  12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •