Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: How to remove 1025r battery?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Thanks

How to remove 1025r battery?

So my tractor was not wanting to start after sitting overnight. It tried but not enough juice to get it going. So i am trying to remove the battery but man its tight in there with the oil cooler and headlights and my big hand i just cant get it up and out. Any tips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Thanks
    Someone showed the how to a while back...it may have been a 2 series.

There were bolts down on the bottom outside battery area iirc.

You removed those and the whole grill poped out or whatever.

Otherwise the Headlight is in the way Right?

May have been 2 sets of bolts .....It was a slick trick is all I recall.

I don't have your tractor......I just recall reading about this trick for a 1 or 2 series iirc
    SulleyBear and Toughsox like this.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Thanks
    I think it is more than two screws to remove the grille assembly, but still simple enough. Don't remove the headlights---it is a Pandora's box once you start. There are springs behind them and some clips that like to strip/break. Don't ask me how I know.....
    fdmars, SulleyBear and theduke like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    I think it is more than two screws to remove the grille assembly, but still simple enough. Don't remove the headlights---it is a Pandora's box once you start. There are springs behind them and some clips that like to strip/break. Don't ask me how I know.....

Nevet taken the grill out - any advice/instruction are much appreciated. I also have the brush guard on it too which i am guessing will add even more work

Seems silly to not just be able to yank the battery out for a quick replacement.....sigh

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Ok -figured it out

here is the deal. Remove the drivers side headlight. Its bolts are slightly easier to get to. Then carefully lift it and try not to dice your hand on the oul cooler. Ask me how i know

glc, Tomfive and theduke like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by martincom View Post
    About all I remember is you needed a long long extension to reach to the bottom for those 2 or 4 bolts.
    Must be a couple others up higher...... It was a slick trick That I'd never seen posted before.

A friend has a 1025 and I recall He pulled the headlight...Was not happy with the engineering in all that and the chinese bungee that holds it in ( I think)..I forget but theres a bungee somewhere from the factory it seems like.
    SulleyBear likes this.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 1,235 Posts
    This is another example of how modern tractor designers sometimes don't have a clue. The battery on a tractor needs to be in the clear and easily accessible. It might be fine to bury it behind a trunk panel in a Lambo but on tractors we need easy access. Same with tire clearance... you shouldn't need to purchase expensive spacers just to use tire chains.

Makes you wonder if the designers really understand how tractor are used. :-)
    jdforever, keane, theduke and 2 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 06:43 AM
    Thanks
    I removed one of the headlights on mine when I had to replace it. Built an actual hold down with j bolts and a piece of 3/4" tubing.

Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    This is another example of how modern tractor designers sometimes don't have a clue. The battery on a tractor needs to be in the clear and easily accessible. It might be fine to bury it behind a trunk panel in a Lambo but on tractors we need easy access. Same with tire clearance... you shouldn't need to purchase expensive spacers just to use tire chains.

For whatever reason, this reminded me of a good friend who's family farms several thousand acres. He says anything less that 100hp is a lawn mower, not a tractor. LOL!

Jeff

jgayman, theduke and ssjfyr like this.
    2013 1025R FILB w/ 60D MMM
    1973 140
    1974 140

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post

Trying to jam allot of stuff in a small space.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    09-30-2019 @ 07:23 AM
    Thanks
    I took one headlight out and reinstalled it without a hitch. Oh and yeah that oil cooler did a nice job of slicing and dicing my hand. If there ever is another time I am gonna hang something over that cooler.

My problem was being able to keep a grip on the battery. Never will try it again without some sort of battery strap/lift.
    jdforever, keane and SulleyBear like this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast