Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 1025R Backhoe Tips?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 05:56 AM
    Thanks

1025R Backhoe Tips?

Just bought a 2019 1025R and love it - what a workhorse. I've seen some videos of guys trenching on subcompact backhoes and slowly moving the tractor along without getting out of the backhoe seat - which would really speed the work up. Anyone do this and have any tips? And yes, of course I know safety is important... Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:43 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitAural View Post
    Just bought a 2019 1025R and love it - what a workhorse. I've seen some videos of guys trenching on subcompact backhoes and slowly moving the tractor along without getting out of the backhoe seat - which would really speed the work up. Anyone do this and have any tips? And yes, of course I know safety is important... Thanks!
    The brake needs to be off, lift the stabilizers up , and the FEL, you should have dug from furthest out to in (Close to tractor)that is where the hoe bucket should start out.... If you extend the hoe out with it stuck into the ditch bottom, it will roll the tractor forward or backwards from your perspective...It will take about 15 minutes to get the hang of it.

Once you get the hang of its comes natural.
    Last edited by chex313; 10-04-2019 at 04:55 PM.
    etcallhome, jdforever and Toughsox like this.
    Dave's 2012 1026R TLB,54"MMM Auto Attach,Ken's hooks&clevis,Artillian 36' Forks and a KennyPedal WH 520H 48" Snow Blade,48" Deck379 Peterbuilt (3 Million Miles in a big truck)

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Thanks
    This is an issue I noticed when a design change was made.
    My 1025 is a 2015 and the seat spun around for backhoe operation instead of having two seats.
    I speculated that the change would increase the difficulty of extending the dipper stick to move the tractor when trenching.
    Looks to me that it would take some long arms to reach forward and accomplish now.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 11:36 AM
    Thanks
    You stay in the backhoe seat, twist around, lift the front bucket and then use the backhoe to push the tractor forward or left or right.

As a teenager with a Massey Ferguson BH I routinely loaded the tractor onto a 5th wheel trailer with no ramps by using the backhoe and front end loader.

Bobby
    etcallhome likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Thanks
    What the others have said. Crowd the stick out slowly. You may have reach steering wheel to turn the front wheels a little as you go to keep your front going in direction you are heading. Back wheels can be picked up and moved with backhoe.
    Just take it slow until you get hang of it as quick motions with controls and machine idled up can throw you around pretty good.
    etcallhome likes this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Thanks
    With the extra seat it is a pain, but it can be done. Took me about a half day to figure out how to work the front controls while in the BH seat. I figured out with my short arms to stand and reach over.
    etcallhome and Jeff B like this.
    1983 John Deere 750
    2019 John Deere 1025r TLB

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Thanks
    Personally I think JD went backwards with the two seats...I have a 2014 and love the versatility of using the hoe from the operators seat. I did change improved the swivel linkage with a larger rod and ends from McMasters. That was the weak link in the revolving seat...but now JD has the use of the hoe from the operators station blocked off with the new Design...I'll keep my revolving seat....other manufactures have...

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by machineryman View Post
    Personally I think JD went backwards with the two seats...I have a 2014 and love the versatility of using the hoe from the operators seat. I did change improved the swivel linkage with a larger rod and ends from McMasters. That was the weak link in the revolving seat...but now JD has the use of the hoe from the operators station blocked off with the new Design...I'll keep my revolving seat....other manufactures have...
    I feel the same way. After using the hoe a while and noticing that Deere made it a two seater in this tiny machine I thought man, what the shell are they thinking?
    I have to eventually add the McMaster parts you found eventually, but I'm still able to swivel the seat even though my rod broke off, it's just a little more difficult.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Thanks
    Jeff B: I went with the next size up components from McMasters in the stainless. This makes the ball shaft heavier. Works great....I can give you the numbers if you like.
    Jeff B likes this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:31 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by machineryman View Post
    Jeff B: I went with the next size up components from McMasters in the stainless. This makes the ball shaft heavier. Works great....I can give you the numbers if you like.
    Yes Please.
    I will probably have to change them out on my 2016 as well.
    TheOtherChris
    1890 Farm House and Barn Renovation
    My New 1025r FILB now with 54" MMM
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks and seat springs
    Piranha tooth bar
    Hawkline 48" rotary tiller by Behlen Country
    72" back blade by Behlen Country
    42" forks and quicktach frame by Titan
    60" box blade by Massey
    Bomgaar's (by Fimco) 40 Gallon 3ph boom sprayer

There is a fine line between Tractor Nirvana and the Implement Poorhouse

13. Remove Advertisements