Example of 1025R max lift capacity, pavers.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Example of 1025R max lift capacity, pavers.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 07:59 PM
    Thanks

Example of 1025R max lift capacity, pavers.

This here is 160 pavers, 3.88 pounds each for 621 lbs total. Add 40 for the pallet and you get about 660 lbs on the forks.

It is about the maximum that I can put on a pallet and still lift it up from about 3ft high. That is, the empty pallet is put on top of a full pallet of pavers that is about three feet high, then loaded up with the 160 pavers. I can just barely lift it from that height.

Note that the center of gravity of the full pallet is nearly 2 ft forward of the fork frame. I am sure that another hundred pounds or so could be lifted if the pavers were stacked higher and closer to the fork frame.

I found that bringing the pavers in as shown in the picture is very convenient. I can reach most of them from a kneeling position without having to carry very many of them to where they need to be placed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 160Pavers.png  
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Thanks
    If they were Artillians, you could of had a 12 pack on the pavers as well.
    Just sayin'.
    chex313, jdforever, keane and 5 others like this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,600 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Your work looks great. Nice job.....

The last pavers I used similar to that color, I used Cherry Stone Chick Grit as the sweep in filler between the blocks. Through our local farm mill, it's $12 per 100 pounds. Some of the prices online are just nuts, at $1 per pound for the exact same material.

This material comes in a variety of sizes so make sure you are getting the smallest size, which is 1/16th or smaller or they call it "Number 1". The mill operators call it "Chick Grit" and the larger sizes are "Chicken Grit", "Turkey Grit", etc.

Since the birds don't have teeth for chewing, they ingest the grit and it grinds up their food in their gizzards. The birds should ingest as much as 10% of their diet in the "rocks" to help them get nutrients.

I have done a few landscape projects lately with landscape blocks and have three different projects planned for spring.
    I found "staging" the pallets with materials as you are doing, so I don't have to get up to retrieve the material when working, makes the process go much smoother and faster. Plus its easier on my back.

The curl function on the FEL will lift the load when the vertical lift no longer can. Just be careful unloading anything near lifting limits from heights above the tractors hood because as you sit down the loads, they drop very quickly due to the weight making the tractor "bounce" even with the proper ballast.......

These machines with FEL and pallet forks are so incredibly helpful and efficient......
    Tomfive, W9GFO and EVT like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:04 PM
    The Willamette Valley, Laurelwood/Gaston, Oregon
    Thanks
    I limit my 1026R to about a 500 lb lift for any height above just 'ground clearance'. Moving your bricks as you did is perfect.

BTW ~ super job on the brick layout.

Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Your work looks great. Nice job.....

The last pavers I used similar to that color, I used Cherry Stone Chick Grit as the sweep in filler between the blocks. Through our local farm mill, it's $12 per 100 pounds. Some of the prices online are just nuts, at $1 per pound for the exact same material.

This material comes in a variety of sizes so make sure you are getting the smallest size, which is 1/16th or smaller or they call it "Number 1". The mill operators call it "Chick Grit" and the larger sizes are "Chicken Grit", "Turkey Grit", etc.

Since the birds don't have teeth for chewing, they ingest the grit and it grinds up their food in their gizzards. The birds should ingest as much as 10% of their diet in the "rocks" to help them get nutrients.

I have done a few landscape projects lately with landscape blocks and have three different projects planned for spring.
    I found "staging" the pallets with materials as you are doing, so I don't have to get up to retrieve the material when working, makes the process go much smoother and faster. Plus its easier on my back.

The curl function on the FEL will lift the load when the vertical lift no longer can. Just be careful unloading anything near lifting limits from heights above the tractors hood because as you sit down the loads, they drop very quickly due to the weight making the tractor "bounce" even with the proper ballast.......

These machines with FEL and pallet forks are so incredibly helpful and efficient......

Last edited by Marlin; 11-03-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    chex313, W9GFO, jdforever and 2 others like this.
    Marlin

JD 1026R - March/2013
    JD H120 NSL Loader, JD 647 Tiller, JD Ballast Box
    Frontier BB2048L Box Scraper
    IMatch, Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's Bolt-On Hooks & FEL Receiver Hitch
    John Deere Wheel & Suitcase Weights
    Wheel Spacers - 2" Front, 4" Rear
    Heavy Hitch Hitch’N Can
    LED Lights Front & Rear Facing
    Artillian Forks & Front Hoe
    R4 Tires Front & Rear

https://www.weatherlink.com/bulletin...9-2fca25bc3f83

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blue87fj60 View Post
    Just sayin'.
    Question is: Is that Pepsi or Bud Light?
    Greg

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional!

2018 JD 1025R FEL /Mauser cab / 53" Bucket/Heavy hitch tooth bar / I-Match / Kenny's extended hook / JD ballast box / Loader mounted JD 54" snow plow/9" wings / Artillian 36" pallet fork set / Woods RTR48.30 tiller & LRS60 landscape rake / Howes 48" box blade /Heavy Hitch receiver/weight bracket / Heavy Hitch ripper/middle plow/subsoiler / Dual Alpena Hex Fire rear led lights / Bora 2" spacers / Land Pride CA1548 core aerator

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:00 PM
    Thanks
    You Might wanna raise it up a foot or so when inspecting your work. Wouldn’t want to get a crick in your back reaching for your beer
    Last edited by Kbar; 11-03-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    Marlin and greenharley like this.
    1025R, 120R FEL, 60D MMM, Frontier 2060L, Bunch of homemade stuff

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Small update: I didn't realize that my stacker had left more than the standard 160 pavers on a pallet. I was able to lift then curl it enough to get it completely up off the the full pallet but when lowered I could not get it to raise more than a few inches off the ground - not even curl, but enough to get to where I need to go. Due to the geometry of the curl linkage, the curl has much more force when the cylinder is extended a bit - such as when having the forks level a few feet off the ground. When down low the geometry is not so good - so less curling force.

Turns out there was 222 pavers on that pallet - that's right at 900 pounds.
    Ray_PA, PickupMan and kylew like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 06:19 AM
    Thanks
    Great looking project so far. Please share photos of the completed job. You view looks amazing as well.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdforever View Post
    Question is: Is that Pepsi or Bud Light?
    Yes.
    PickupMan likes this.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blue87fj60 View Post
    Just sayin'.
    if they were Artillians he couldn't afford a 12 pack
    WifeSaidOK, bama1025r and kylew like this.
    2014 1025R, 120R loader

"ain't too smart, but I'm always thinkin"

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast