Going to purchase a 1026r or a BX2660
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Going to purchase a 1026r or a BX2660

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-17-2011 @ 04:03 PM
    Thanks

I have been comparing the 1026r and the bx online and have been favoring the 1026 due to auto connect feature. Yesterday I went to the dealer to try on the 1026, I like the seat and the fact that it has armrests. Then I asked to see the autoconnect work. The salesman who was introduced as Mr. Tractor could not make the deck disconnect, the rear pins were hanging up. The service manager came out and beat on them with a rubber mallet and it finally released, he said the parking lot may not be perfectly level. Then it took another 10 min. and a good beating with the mallet to get the deck to connect, again the rear pins seemed to be the culprit and again the parking area was not ideal for the system to work. Then I asked to see how the loader detatched and attached. The latches that are mounted on the frame were stuck, they wouldn't even unlatch with the aforementioned rubber mallet, it took a crow bar to force them open. The saleman said that there must have been some paint keeping them from working properly.

I am willing to spend the extra 2 grand for this machine with these options so my wife could if needed remove the loader and attach the deck. If these functions are not fully functional however I feel that the extra money is too much for a fancy seat. The dealer seemed fully satisfied that the parking area was the culprit with the deck, and that paint was the issue with the loader. I will not purchase this machine unless the deck can be connected and disconnected on the dirt floor of my barn, and the loader issues are delt with. I am willing to speak to any dealer in the western Iowa/eastern Nebraska area if they have one of these machines that works properly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    04-22-2013 @ 03:13 PM
    Thanks

Planetalker, you need to search on auto connect deck to see the minor problems some others
    have had with the auto connect feature. Also, check YouTube, search: "John Deere 1026R" and
    you will see some good videos posted there.
    Don't forget this is a brand new model which is sure to have a few bugs no matter how much field
    testing is done in advance.
    Others who have had these similar problems that have posted both here and on another tractor site
    have had them fixed by the dealer. I'm sure your dealer will fix any issue you may have. Just make
    sure when they deliver the tractor they connect/disconnect your attachments to your satisfaction.
    Having owned both John Deere and Kubota in the past, you can't go wrong with either one.
    Your reason for wanting the auto connect is a good reason along with the fact none of us are getting
    any younger and climbing up and under the old bones start cracking.
    Good luck with your decision.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-17-2011 @ 04:03 PM
    Thanks
    Hogboy,

Thanks for your reply, I have read the posts on this forum about the autoconnect. My problem is that it appears the John Deere dealer is ok with simply explaining away the problems. ie: "not a perfectly level driveway, and paint preventing smooth operation"

I am re stating my offer to any dealer in western Iowa or eastern Nebraska who would like to sell a fully functional 1026 to post contact information here.

Quote Originally Posted by hogboy View Post
    Planetalker, you need to search on auto connect deck to see the minor problems some others
    have had with the auto connect feature. Also, check YouTube, search: "John Deere 1026R" and
    you will see some good videos posted there.
    Don't forget this is a brand new model which is sure to have a few bugs no matter how much field
    testing is done in advance.
    Others who have had these similar problems that have posted both here and on another tractor site
    have had them fixed by the dealer. I'm sure your dealer will fix any issue you may have. Just make
    sure when they deliver the tractor they connect/disconnect your attachments to your satisfaction.
    Having owned both John Deere and Kubota in the past, you can't go wrong with either one.
    Your reason for wanting the auto connect is a good reason along with the fact none of us are getting
    any younger and climbing up and under the old bones start cracking.
    Good luck with your decision.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    05-07-2012 @ 05:34 AM
    Thanks
    If the loader is anything like the 200CX on my 2520 then you lower the loader until the front wheels are off the ground. This relieve all the pressure on the latches, then you lift the latches. Then when you raise the loader, if pivots forward and off the tractor. May have just been a stupid salesman who is not familiar with the product.
    JD 2520 w/ Loader and 46 BH. BB1060, Front Blade, Artillian Forks and Wallenstein BX42r.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    11-05-2014 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Planetalker View Post
    I have been comparing the 1026r and the bx online and have been favoring the 1026 due to auto connect feature. Yesterday I went to the dealer to try on the 1026, I like the seat and the fact that it has armrests. Then I asked to see the autoconnect work. The salesman who was introduced as Mr. Tractor could not make the deck disconnect, the rear pins were hanging up. The service manager came out and beat on them with a rubber mallet and it finally released, he said the parking lot may not be perfectly level. Then it took another 10 min. and a good beating with the mallet to get the deck to connect, again the rear pins seemed to be the culprit and again the parking area was not ideal for the system to work. Then I asked to see how the loader detatched and attached. The latches that are mounted on the frame were stuck, they wouldn't even unlatch with the aforementioned rubber mallet, it took a crow bar to force them open. The saleman said that there must have been some paint keeping them from working properly.

I am willing to spend the extra 2 grand for this machine with these options so my wife could if needed remove the loader and attach the deck. If these functions are not fully functional however I feel that the extra money is too much for a fancy seat. The dealer seemed fully satisfied that the parking area was the culprit with the deck, and that paint was the issue with the loader. I will not purchase this machine unless the deck can be connected and disconnected on the dirt floor of my barn, and the loader issues are delt with. I am willing to speak to any dealer in the western Iowa/eastern Nebraska area if they have one of these machines that works properly.

I have the 1026R with 60 D auto connect deck, here in eastern Nebraska... works great. See the videos I posted earlier.... can give you my dealers name if you would like.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 673 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BethesdaEC View Post
    If the loader is anything like the 200CX on my 2520 then you lower the loader until the front wheels are off the ground. This relieve all the pressure on the latches, then you lift the latches. Then when you raise the loader, if pivots forward and off the tractor. May have just been a stupid salesman who is not familiar with the product.
    You are absolutely correct! If the loader is not supporting the tractor those latches are next to impossible to unlock. But, done properly the latches are very, very easily operated.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    I would suggest a different dealer if you go with John Deere. ZFind one who is willing to work with you and show you how and why things work or do not. If a parking lot is not level enough, will your garage, driveway, or lawn ever be? IMHO, there is a setup issue with the auto connect and many dealers do not take the time to do it properly and they do not test it after installation.

Brian

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    12-13-2011 @ 02:41 PM
    Thanks
    I purchased a 1026R. I now have 16hrs on it. I did have some deck trouble with the connect, I installed a heavier spring as mentioned an it works fine. I have a H120 loader, lower the bucket, tilt the bucket to raise the front wheels, take your foot and push up the latch. Now lower your bucket and disconect your hydraulics and away you go. I looked at the less expensive D120 loader and opt for the H120 due to ease of disconnect. THe H120 connects equally as easy as the disconnect.

Hope this helps.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    08-04-2017 @ 04:58 AM
    Thanks
    Are there adjustment wedges in the loader's mast pockets that can and should be adjusted? I would check out the owners manual and if there are adjustable wedges in the mast pockets I would not buy from Mr. Tractor..... excuses are the first sign of a shyster.
    Last edited by tackit; 09-15-2011 at 08:51 AM.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    01-03-2014 @ 09:49 PM
    Thanks
    Love my 1026R, my auto connect works just fine disconnecting and connecting on my grass area behind the shed that I keep the tractor in. The loader takes less than 5mins to unhook or hook up, most of that time is hooking up the hoses or unhooking them. If your dealer did not know to lift the front tires up to relieve the latch preshure, he will defintly not know anything about the auto connect deck. I was ready to buy a Kubota BX2660 but went with the 1026R for COMFORT and ease of operation, hated the heel/toe peddle on the Kubota.
    Find yourself a good dealer and enjoy your new 1026R when it arrives.
    Jeff

2012 X540
    Rim Guard loaded rear tires
    48'' Snow Plow with Angle Kit
    52''X24'' Lawn Roller

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast