Thanks to Chris at Artillian...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to Chris at Artillian...

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-04-2014 @ 06:14 PM
    Thanks

Thanks to Chris at Artillian...

... we learned how to get the backhoe off/on... and the loader off/on... very helpful and appreciated. Impressive engineering from the Deere folks. Forks are great, can't wait to use them.

We were trying to get the midmount on this AM, but learned we are missing a couple of pins and washers... a total pain, but getting things in shape before the big project is critical. Because during the project, the machinery has to work well, so this is a dry run for both the machinery and the newbie operators.

Question to experts please... the 3pt Hitch and Midmount lift mechanisms aren't working. The 3pt Hitch goes up, but not down... the midmount lift mechanism doesn't work at all. I hope it's a case of hydraulic hoses screwed up or a valve in the "off" position...

I am planning on taking the machine to a Deere dealer and getting all this stuff worked out and buying some missing gear. In the meantime, I am curious as to how the 3pt Hitch hydraulics/midmount hydraulics are supposed to work. If anyone has some insight, we would be grateful.

Thanks again Chris.

Andrew & John

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:48 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,081 Times in 2,547 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sawmillbrook View Post
    Question to experts please... the 3pt Hitch and Midmount lift mechanisms aren't working. The 3pt Hitch goes up, but not down... the midmount lift mechanism doesn't work at all. I hope it's a case of hydraulic hoses screwed up or a valve in the "off" position.
    Do you have the IL (independent lift) or are you using the 3PH lever to raise/lower the deck? If the later, then you either need a iMatch or a spreader bar mounted to keep the lower arms together so they will engage the lift brackets.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Hi Kenny... the midmount lift has a separate hydro underneath the tractor. The midmount lift mechanism is independent.

Thanks, Andrew

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Regarding the "plumbing"... the 2320 manual reveals 4 hydraulic color coded hoses on the right side of the machine powering the FEL.

Our 2320 has 6 color coded hoses, and an adjustable valve directly below the bucket lever... that is definitely some type of hydro valve...

Tried to apply weight on the 3 pt hitch to see if it would float down from the top position, it will not. So, it seems like this hitch has positive pressure.

I hope my newness and posts on all this will help other civilians out there... frustrating.

Andrew

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sawmillbrook View Post
    Our 2320 has 6 color coded hoses, and an adjustable valve directly below the bucket lever... that is definitely some type of hydro valve...
    OK, so you have the IL system, AND the "diverter setup" to save from unplugging the FEL hoses if you had it attached:

It should look like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2320.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	4287
    The deck should plug into port#5 in the picture, and operating the joystick LEFT or RIGHT should raise and lower the deck if the proper position is selected on the diverter. The diverter "diverts" fluid from the dump/curl circuit to the new ports to operate the deck.

Tried to apply weight on the 3 pt hitch to see if it would float down from the top position, it will not. So, it seems like this hitch has positive pressure.
    The 3PH lever is NOT used for the IL setup so operating this is not going to help one bit. The cylinder on the deck is now controlled by the joystick-the same thing that operates to FEL.
    Kenny

FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Kenny... so, we went out and figured out 2 things thanks to you... first, the valve is a bypass valve and yes, the joystick controls the midmount up and down...

The up and down is variable, i.e. sometimes it does it, sometimes it just goes up and down in small movements... perhaps there is not enough oil in the system. I noted that there was no oil in the hydro site gauge earlier in the day, then this evening, the site gauge was half full... learning alot about this machine.

Next up, the 3PH... control.

The backhoe and FEL worked 100% - no issues.

Appreciate your efforts. Andrew

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Fluid level should be checked with the tractor turned off for about 10 minutes, and everything lowered to the ground. Then about 1/2 way in the glass is about correct.
    Kenny

My Equipment:
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    09-05-2012 @ 11:38 AM
    Thanks
    There's an adjustment knob that controls the rate of drop pf the 3ph, right? If this is closed, it won't drop at all.
    My hills have hills.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Hey Andrew & the young tractor prodigy, Mr. John,

It was equally great to make both of your acquaintence. I hope you managed to find your way home in a straight line. If John's backhoe video came out to be worth much, feel free to share it here for others in the same situation.

North Country beat me to adding my thoughts about the rate knob. I hope this is all that is causing the hitch to not drop because other than that adjustment, there isn't much else to these things. Certainly get yourself some hydraulic fluid and top it off as a low level will affect the machine.

I'm not sure how much help I can be in diagnosing your ailments, but I'd be happy to make a trip down and take a look with you. I was fortunate enough to have had the diverter valve and independent mower lift on my 2305 so I am familiar with them. In fact, I had to remove and reinstall my diverter valve after the dealer demonstrated how NOT to do it when the machine was new. Anyway, if I can be of help, you know where to find me...

Thanks kindly for the mention here on GreenTractorTalk!
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thank you all... went to the JD dealership, wanted a complete going over... a nice guy at the dealership took me under his wing and taught me all about the tractor... showed me the 3PH friction control, etc... so, the mysteries are starting to dissolve.

Bought a balast box... and figured out how to attach the mid-mount... so should be all set to go very soon.

Chris, John wants to do videos for "the rest of us", ie.. folks like us who are new to the tractors... installing the backhoe, FEL, Midmount, etc. I think it's a good idea.

The more we learn about the machine, the more we appreciate the engineering that goes into it...

Looks like I have to donate now... I'll do that over the weekend if I kind figure out how to do that !!

Andrew

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast