1026R Autoconnect issues.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1026R Autoconnect issues.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-29-2016 @ 07:51 PM
    Thanks

1026R Autoconnect issues.

Just traded my 2305 for a 1026R. Seems like they were listening to my wishlist. The salesman talked me into the autoconnect deck, I wasn't too crazy about the idea after reading about some problems people were having. Anyway I am having problems, the latch doesnt want to lock without a little persuasion from a small mallet. It seems there is a plastic bushing on the pins that fit into the latch on the deck, and the bushing doesnt allow the latch to snap into place. I have even greased the bushings and the latches. I have watched a the videos on youtube, both from Deere and from owners, and it looks like it a snaps into place, is anybody else having this problem.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    glc
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Thanks
    Hello John and welcome to DT

Did you happen to check this thread
    http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru......Help-needed-!!!

Greg
    Greg from western pa

2009 2520
    FEL/61" HD bucket/replaceable cutting edge
    62D2 MMM
    IMatch Quick Hitch
    A "REAL" snow blade ---- JD 380A modded to fit
    Homemade 3PT Receiver
    Homemade Ballast Box
    Woods GB65 Box Blade

2019 JOHN DEERE X390 with 48" ACCEL DEEP DECK

MY 2520 SE SEAT MOD:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...d-for-the-2520

MY BALLAST BOX
    https://www.greentractortalk.com/for...llast-box.html

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    11-05-2014 @ 08:44 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnh View Post
    Just traded my 2305 for a 1026R. Seems like they were listening to my wishlist. The salesman talked me into the autoconnect deck, I wasn't too crazy about the idea after reading about some problems people were having. Anyway I am having problems, the latch doesnt want to lock without a little persuasion from a small mallet. It seems there is a plastic bushing on the pins that fit into the latch on the deck, and the bushing doesnt allow the latch to snap into place. I have even greased the bushings and the latches. I have watched a the videos on youtube, both from Deere and from owners, and it looks like it a snaps into place, is anybody else having this problem.
    Thanks
    As noted in my earlier posts (and shown in a video), the heavier gauge spring does it... as well as "speed-up" a bit right at point of contact with the latch... to snap it into place. Mine works great now... makes a belly mower functional, due to being able to get it off and on easily.. would not have a belly mower without the autoconnect...

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info guys, I'll see what I can do.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Adding a thicker washer between the locking mechanism and the deck as "Jrs1959" suggested did the trick. It's a shame Deere couldnt have taken care of this before they start selling them.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 672 Posts
    It's a shame Deere couldnt have taken care of this before they start selling them.
    John, my guess is that the the problem showed up after it went into production. I am willing to bet that they are taking care of it as we speak. Glad you got yours all squared away.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    05-13-2016 @ 12:31 PM
    Thanks
    Adding a thicker washer between the locking mechanism and the deck as "Jrs1959" suggested did the trick. It's a shame Deere couldnt have taken care of this before they start selling them.
    Glad that did the trick....just takes a little friction off the poor dimensions of the locking rod! Enjoy!
    Cheers

Bob

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    12-22-2018 @ 10:08 AM
    Thanks

GNGYoung

Gents,

I read the posts and implemented both the washer, grease and stiffer spring changes to the rear latch. While friction was reduced, I found my culprit elsewhere. If you look at the 60D deck, the spring that lifts the front draft bars, it pulls the draft bars to one side. This results in the front tractor frame being out of alignment with the draft bars as one side contacts the tractor frame first, then pushes the deck/tractor out of alignment. I always got one side of the rear latch contacting fine while the other side had as much as a 3/8" gap causing me to get into a tug-of-war with the latches/mower.

My fix was to put an electrical tie wrap on rear end of the front draft bar lifting spring, and using the nearby spring latch hard point (there are two) to anchor the tie wrap to, I forced the spring into alignment to cause it to pull/lift the draft bars evenly and directly to the rear of the mower deck, thereby maintaining mower/tractor alignment. It worked like a charm. This then allowed me to return the rear latch spring to its original fit, lower tension spring. The result is that I can now latch the mower deck on a HARD LEVEL SURFACE every time. I also found the adjustment of the two nuts on the front draft bar to be critical to alignment and had to play with it to get it aligned evenly and latching smoothly.

The final check of those adjusters that worked best for me was the front to rear mower blade height alignment procedure in the mower manual.

Good luck with it. In the end, its a set-up issue.

G

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gngyoung For This Useful Post:

RandyM (11-02-2011)

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,061 Times in 672 Posts

Welcome to DT!

Quote Originally Posted by gngyoung View Post
    Gents,

I read the posts and implemented both the washer, grease and stiffer spring changes to the rear latch. While friction was reduced, I found my culprit elsewhere. If you look at the 60D deck, the spring that lifts the front draft bars, it pulls the draft bars to one side. This results in the front tractor frame being out of alignment with the draft bars as one side contacts the tractor frame first, then pushes the deck/tractor out of alignment. I always got one side of the rear latch contacting fine while the other side had as much as a 3/8" gap causing me to get into a tug-of-war with the latches/mower.

My fix was to put an electrical tie wrap on rear end of the front draft bar lifting spring, and using the nearby spring latch hard point (there are two) to anchor the tie wrap to, I forced the spring into alignment to cause it to pull/lift the draft bars evenly and directly to the rear of the mower deck, thereby maintaining mower/tractor alignment. It worked like a charm. This then allowed me to return the rear latch spring to its original fit, lower tension spring. The result is that I can now latch the mower deck on a HARD LEVEL SURFACE every time. I also found the adjustment of the two nuts on the front draft bar to be critical to alignment and had to play with it to get it aligned evenly and latching smoothly.

The final check of those adjusters that worked best for me was the front to rear mower blade height alignment procedure in the mower manual.

Good luck with it. In the end, its a set-up issue.

G
    Very nice write-up, can we convince you to post a pic of the fix? It would be a big help.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

13. Top | #10
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,325 Times in 2,598 Posts

Question

Hello all!

I'm new to the forum, been lurking for a while, finally decided to become a member.

Thanks to you, I purchased a 1026R.

I was anticipating the auto-connect issue with the deck. The dealer wasn't as knowledgeable with the problem, but did point out that the connecting problem was only with the linkage, not the auto-connect PTO shaft. So I purchased the auto-connect option. We tried out the connect/ disconnect on the lot and was fairly successful. However when I received my new tractor, the deck came off as advertised, but the reattaching portion was an hour long headache. So I brought it into the garage for some quality 1 on 1 time. The locking latch rod was binding and a few washers as suggested fixed this. I then adjusted the front draft linkage as it seemed too short to allow the rear latches to move all the way to the front/lock position. I found the front linkage was moving off to the side as I had earlier read. Installed the zip tie to re-align the front linkage. I still had little luck getting the deck to lock on. What gives? I cracked open a cold one and studied the mechanism while rolling the tractor back and forth in neutral. The locking bar in the rear still didn't want to lock. I filed the edge of the latches that come in contact (forward facing on the deck) with the lifting linkage. After the burrs from the factory stamping were cleaned off, my success rate has increased to roughly 75%. I figure after a few hours of operation, everything will wear-in and loosen up a bit and my success rate should improve. The latching rod isn't real easy to unlock to remove the deck. It still has some "sticktion". Is yours easy?

I don't have the manual (the Dealer has ordered it) and it's not available online at deere. What is the front to rear leveling procedure? Maybe doing this will completely correct my issue.

Thanks for your input
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast