Green Tractor Talk banner

2305 engine tick?

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  cmoore 
#1 ·
After my 2305 engine warms up I hear a ticking in the engine. It gets faster and slower as I move the throttle up and down. It sounds like a valve. My neighbor has the same sound in his 2305. After so many hours does the valves need adjusted? I think mine has about 80-90hrs. Has anybody else had this problem or heard of this?

#2 ·
HHHmmmmm?

ya know, now that you mention it I too heard that tick after first recieving my machine. Now either I just don't notice it or it has gone away. Are you gonna make me check it out?

Oh, I have not done any adjustments on it either. My first thought when I heard it was, it was just the injectors. :unknown:

#5 ·
ya know, now that you mention it I too heard that tick after first recieving my machine. Now either I just don't notice it or it has gone away. Are you gonna make me check it out?

Oh, I have not done any adjustments on it either. My first thought when I heard it was, it was just the injectors. :unknown:
Ditto; :lol: I thought I heard something unusual in mine when it was new, and it seemed to go away. Years later thought again thought it sounded a bit rough, that's when I started using cetane booster, suspect the jets might have been clogged a bit. I would suggest you drop in a little cetane booster and see what happens, worst case is you'll see less smoke when you start it.

#4 ·
I noticed it started it around 50 hrs. My dealer said they would look at it and and adjust anything that needed to be. Like the dealer said, some engines could need adjusted. I will take it in when I get a chance, which might be a while and I will post when I find something out. Thanks cmoore

#8 ·
2520 tick

I had this issue last year on a new 2520. After adding some diesel additive it really seems to have quieted down and while I hear it .... It does seem to be a lot less.

Is this something everyone should be having looked at as it sounds like a "typical" problem.

#9 ·
I finally took my 2305 to my local jd dealer, and asked them about my engine tick or valve slap. They said it was a normal caracteristic of those small diesel engines. So no worries I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.