Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why a 1026r and not BX2660?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-29-2011 @ 06:23 AM
    Thanks

Why a 1026r and not BX2660?

G'day all.... Posting from Australia.
    I was all set to buy a Kubota BX2660, but found out about the 1026r. Not yet in Australia but due next week. I have a JD ride on, which I love.. So have decided to wait and look at the new JD.
    Need to run a slasher, stick rake and front bucket.
    I'm told leg room is smaller than the BX, and no self leveling loader on JD.
    Any help would be great, mind you the 1026r look bloody good

Thanks, Murray

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    05-07-2012 @ 06:34 AM
    Thanks
    The BX does not have a self leveling loader, you got move up quite a bit on the food chain to get features like that. The two biggest advantages that the 1026r has over the BX is proper transmission cooler instead of a fans blowing air on the transmission fins and position control. If you going to be cutting in heavy brush, the BX fans are located underneath and are very vulnerable and quite expensive to replace. The Deere has a proper radiator like a automotive transmission cooler. Position control is the lever that controls the three point hitch, as you move the lever the 3PH moves accordingly, the BX has a quarter-inching value which is more like an up/down switch. Position control allows you to raise the 3PH and very quickly return back to the previous position with a preset stop. Whereas quarter-inching you have to raise it and then fiddle with the level until you get it back to the desired level.

Deere has really raised the bar for Kubota, I would go with the Deere, but since I have 2520, I would recommend that you take look at that too. It is a lot more tractor for not too much more cash.
    JD 2520 w/ Loader and 46 BH. BB1060, Front Blade, Artillian Forks and Wallenstein BX42r.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    11-27-2011 @ 09:25 PM
    Thanks
    BethesdaEC had a much more detailed reason that I was gonna post.....I picked the Deere cause the Kubota didn't come in green!
    2520, FEL, 62D
    2210, FEL, 54C - former trusty steed
    X340, 54C - good tractor, miss it!
    LT160, 42C - decent tractor
    LX138, 38 - at least it was a Deere ;-)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 991 Posts
    The Deere also has a foldable ROPS, tilt steering wheel, and IMHO a more comfortable seat. Also if your JD ride on had the hydro pedal setup, the 1026R will be more intuitive for you to use. Good luck and keep us posted on what you decide and your thoughts/comparison of the two.
    Jamie

2019 JD XUV 825M Gator - Olive and Black, w/72" Boss Poly Straight Blade Plow (Fully Hydraulic), Roof, Power Dump Bed, Spray in Bed Liner, and Bucket Seats
    2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tackleberry1145 View Post
    BethesdaEC had a much more detailed reason that I was gonna post.....I picked the Deere cause the Kubota didn't come in green!
    Orange is such a bad color (sorry Kubota guys) for a tractor. I have 9 acres (3.3 hectares for our Aussie) and I feel that the tractor is much more at peace with the property. After I picked my tractor, my wife agreed that the JD was better because she liked the color.
    JD 2520 w/ Loader and 46 BH. BB1060, Front Blade, Artillian Forks and Wallenstein BX42r.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:00 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,493 Posts
    I was just telling my wife about this post. She said that if anyone unloaded a tractor in our driveway in any color but JD Green, she would have me committed.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,142 Times in 2,584 Posts
    You guys all covered the bases pretty well, I can only add one thing: The JD has Quick-Attach (JDQA if you search) setup on the loader to remove the bucket easily so you can quickly attatch this like forks, the Kubota has a pin-on bucket.

And I know its a personal thing, but I cannot stand the rocker/boomerang type pedal on the Kubota's, I much prefer the twin pedal's of the Deere's
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    You guys all covered the bases pretty well, I can only add one thing: The JD has Quick-Attach (JDQA if you search) setup on the loader to remove the bucket easily so you can quickly attatch this like forks, the Kubota has a pin-on bucket.

And I know its a personal thing, but I cannot stand the rocker/boomerang type pedal on the Kubota's, I much prefer the twin pedal's of the Deere's
    I think a quick attach bucket is available on the B series, but if it isn't available on the BX that would be a deal breaker. I use the pallet forks as much as the bucket, they are great for moving logs. If you don't get them out the gate, you will want them down the road and you need a quick attach for them to be useful.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    10-26-2019 @ 09:05 PM
    Thanks

Leveling bucket

The JD 1026R does have a leveling rod in the inside of the right lift arm. You can use it to see when the bucket is level and you could also mark it in incuments of degrees to use judging the angle of your bucket. I love my 1026R.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    11-29-2011 @ 06:23 AM
    Thanks

Thanks......

Gee, thanks so much for the Information and feedback, you guys are great!
    Well, I'm hoping the JD will be available to look at by Tuesday... Yeah, self leveling loaders will be mandatory from Feb next year in Australia.
    Don't suppose anyone has an aerial shot of the 1026r? Trying to compare controls and leg room to the Bx
    Again, thanks you've been cracker jack. I will let you know what I get and when

Murray

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast