Still need some practice (2305)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Still need some practice (2305)

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-20-2019 @ 07:55 PM
    Thanks

Still need some practice (2305)

Apparently I should have put the chains on before I started today. I am trying to expand my driveway with a few feet of CR6. On the first scoop of soup (dripping wet clay) I managed to get the 2305 stuck. I never managed to get it loose on its own. I had to break down and hook the truck to it. I did put the chains on and had a very productive day. The area where I got stuck, though, is so soupy that I was not able to finish about a 5 foot stretch at the end of the drive.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6025_small.jpg   IMG_6021_small.jpg   IMG_6018_small.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    05-07-2012 @ 06:34 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ljnelson109 View Post
    Apparently I should have put the chains on before I started today. I am trying to expand my driveway with a few feet of CR6. On the first scoop of soup (dripping wet clay) I managed to get the 2305 stuck. I never managed to get it loose on its own. I had to break down and hook the truck to it. I did put the chains on and had a very productive day. The area where I got stuck, though, is so soupy that I was not able to finish about a 5 foot stretch at the end of the drive.
    Did you use your bucket to push out? All you do is curl the bucket down, drop it into the ground and curl the bucket up while keeping the downward pressure on. You can get out of almost anything doing this. This works real well if you have a toothbar, I have backed up some very scary slopes that I got stuck on using this method.
    JD 2520 w/ Loader and 46 BH. BB1060, Front Blade, Artillian Forks and Wallenstein BX42r.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    I did try the bucket. Either it was too late or I just did not have the technique down. I really think I would benefit from a tooth bar right now. We just moved into the new house. The problem is, I suspect that my "digging" efforts will dwindle in time. Time will tell.

Lee

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,064 Times in 674 Posts
    Yeah, ya can get in real deep real fast. Now that is the way to break 'er in.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    05-07-2012 @ 06:34 AM
    Thanks
    Your tractor with teeth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tigerdm0309_468x478.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	5101

Your tractor without teeth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toothless+woman.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	5102

Get a toothbar, they will change your tractor.
    JD 2520 w/ Loader and 46 BH. BB1060, Front Blade, Artillian Forks and Wallenstein BX42r.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,141 Times in 2,583 Posts
    What was in that box on the back?
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Thanks
    That landscape that your stuck in looks very young. Disturbed heavy soil like clay, that is wet, turns into the worst kind of peanut buttery goo. I just had a bunch of dirt work done around here, and I'm in the same sutuation. I probably won't be able to go across those areas until June. For now I stay on the virgin ground areas, and work my way into the soft areas from a hard ground footing.
    '11 1026R

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    What was in that box on the back?
    That is a homemade ballast box I got with the tractor (just bought the whole set-up in June). I had it nearly full with CR6 when I started. During the effort to get unstuck, I had scooped some out to try to fill the holes I had made. I have since filled it back up but with some 57 stone I have. Not a very convenient way to add/remove ballast. I need to work on that as well. This homemade box is a nightmare to remove and install when it is full of stone. I need to either empty it, or create some sort of cradle to support the full box. I know so many people have filled their boxes with cured concrete. I would definitely not want that until I can figure out how to suspend this thing above the floor. Thoughts?

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by XSKIER View Post
    That landscape that your stuck in looks very young. Disturbed heavy soil like clay, that is wet, turns into the worst kind of peanut buttery goo. I just had a bunch of dirt work done around here, and I'm in the same sutuation. I probably won't be able to go across those areas until June. For now I stay on the virgin ground areas, and work my way into the soft areas from a hard ground footing.
    You are correct. This is a final grade that was just done in late October. We just moved in Halloween weekend. The problem is, the parking pad is skimpy. People turning around tend to drop off the edge of the pad. The whole point of this effort was to add a few feet of stone to the edge of the pad. Made a huge mess, but overall I succeeded. I will definitely have to do some touch up in the spring. In the mean time, I am hoping to not need the tractor to pull out an unsuspecting delivery truck simply making a 3-point turn in our driveway. Although that could be fun.....

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,141 Times in 2,583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ljnelson109 View Post
    That is a homemade ballast box I got with the tractor (just bought the whole set-up in June). I had it nearly full with CR6 when I started. During the effort to get unstuck, I had scooped some out to try to fill the holes I had made. I have since filled it back up but with some 57 stone I have. Not a very convenient way to add/remove ballast. I need to work on that as well. This homemade box is a nightmare to remove and install when it is full of stone. I need to either empty it, or create some sort of cradle to support the full box. I know so many people have filled their boxes with cured concrete. I would definitely not want that until I can figure out how to suspend this thing above the floor. Thoughts?
    Yes, a few thoughts...

- If you look at JD box, you will see that it sets on the floor when the 3PH arms are lowered almost all the way, in your picture it does not look like yours can do that. It just looks like the design is all wrong. Below are some random pics I snagged for you.
    - iMatch Quick Hitch-you will wonder how you ever got by without it once you have it. I can remove/install my box without leaving the seat.
    - I am close if you need help...

More great pics in this thread: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...allast-box-mod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bb-1.jpg   bb-2.JPG   bb-3.jpg  
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast