newer member; hello and my mods to date
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: newer member; hello and my mods to date

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-13-2016 @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks

newer member; hello and my mods to date

I inherited a 2305 this spring. Things have finally slowed down enough for me to actually make a post other than to lurk and ask a question here or there. Thanks to all for all of the things I have learned by reading and knowing how to use the search button!

My tractor was bone stock with a loader and mower deck on it when I got it. 8 hours on the meter. A current shot of it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 006.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	487.9 KB 
ID:	5127

Since then I have added some hooks to the bucket. My goodness all buckets should come with some hooks on them! And what would they cost a manufacturer? gees.

Anyways, I decided to use the grossly overrated tow hooks from harbor freight. All about price. After test placing them on the bucket I decided it needed some additional backing. I dug through the steel pile and pulled out some 2 x 3 x 3/8 angle. Hey, I had it.

Name:	Picture 012.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	877.2 KB 
ID:	5116 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 014.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	488.3 KB 
ID:	5117

I borrowed a rear blade from a guy at work. I quickly thought I needed a quick hitch. Harbor junk to the rescue again. I first reworked the hook. Opened the inside up to about 1.25" and square. Then I drilled and tapped in the center of the mounting holes while adding a third. It helps being a machinist by trade! Last I took a clevis pin and cut to length. Then I drove a pointed bolt into it to hold in in place. The bottom was able to use the stock bolt since it was now approx. 2 holes lower. I plan on replacing the top round as soon as I remember to get a chunk from work. However this thin one seems to be working for now...

Name:	Picture 002.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	701.3 KB 
ID:	5118 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 003.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	334.8 KB 
ID:	5119

Next was a rear weight. figured that out the first time I attempted to lift something heavy. looked in the manual and read about the counterweights they required. Well I wasn't buying the jd weight box. I didn't want to weight the tires or fill them as I planned on mowing with it. We had this rim at work. It is from the steel mill, from a coil carrier vehicle. The rim has a wall thickness of about an inch. We made a new one from this bent sample. So i brought it home and dug through the steel pile again. Came up with some 10 inch c channel that was about the correct length, well close enough for me! I welded that on the bottom and a pc of i beam to catch the top hook and keep it from swinging. this was ok but soon realized that setting it down on soft ground caused it to sink and the pins were too low to re hook. so I found a chunk of reese hitch and a some 3 inch square tubing and welded that on the bottom. It seems to work great now. i have about 150 pounds extra inside it of misc metal and multi hitch. I like this one because it keeps the weight closer to the tractor so I can maneuver better out in the woods with it. It also takes less space to store.

Name:	Picture 001.jpg 
Size:	953.1 KB 
ID:	5120 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 005.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	500.9 KB 
ID:	5121

About this time I picked up a rear blade of my own. Tractor supply 5 foot model. The first thing I noticed is that the tractor does not lift this implement too high. I went scrounging at work and came up with some 3/4 x 3" stock. I drilled it and bolted it to where the pins should have been. I then moved the pins about 3.25 lower to match the second set of holes in the upper mount. Yes, I know it is only about 3 inches but %wise that is a lot. I plan on putting it through its paces this winter and then weld and paint in the spring if all goes well.

Name:	Picture 015.jpg 
Size:	496.9 KB 
ID:	5122

I also threw together this trailer mover out of stuff laying around, seems to work out good. I have a few more lil things planned for it before it is finished enough to make pretty. I liked the heavy hitch thread recently so it may get that treatment. I also want to add a pipe(or 2) for a tool holder to it. I'm hopping in the spring we have a load of parts at work going to the powder coater!

Name:	Picture 007.jpg 
Size:	746.7 KB 
ID:	5123 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 008.jpg 
Size:	656.5 KB 
ID:	5124

I also added some mirrors to my loader. That hole in the top seems to be made for them. These are truck blind spot ones from advance auto. About $9 each. Great for that quick look to the rear without turning around!

Name:	Picture 009.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	740.1 KB 
ID:	5125 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 010.jpg 
Size:	506.5 KB 
ID:	5126

So, sorry for the rambling, and thanks for reading and all the inspiration here!

-Aaron
    2010 2305
    200cx loader and 62"mmm
    artillian pallet forks
    modified harbor freight quick hitch
    5' rear blade
    47" snowblower and 54" front blade
    custom weight cylinder
    custom 3 pt 2" receiver
    3 pt carryall

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    06-14-2016 @ 09:58 AM
    Thanks
    Look like you have been busy!
    2011 John Deere 2520, 200 CX Loader, 46 Backhoe, Frontier APF12 Pallet Forks
    2008 John Deere X534
    2004 John Deere Gator HPX
    2002 John Deere LT150
    1995 John Deere 14SB

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,141 Times in 2,583 Posts
    Great stuff Aaron, thanks for posting!
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:15 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 990 Posts
    Those are great mods. Thanks for the pics and write up. That rear weight is probably my fave, it will really do the job!
    Jamie

2019 JD XUV 825M Gator - Olive and Black, w/72" Boss Poly Straight Blade Plow (Fully Hydraulic), Roof, Power Dump Bed, Spray in Bed Liner, and Bucket Seats
    2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,064 Times in 674 Posts

Rambling Required.

Quote Originally Posted by 4vertical View Post
    So, sorry for the rambling, and thanks for reading and all the inspiration here!

-Aaron
    Keep on rambling as you call it, I call it great material. You do very nice work Aaron.

Just one tinny piece of advice, you have enough content here for several very good threads. Please in the future, break them down into seperate threads and then just elaborate on your builds and the detail. We're certainly going to want see more of your handy work.

Thank you for sharing your craftsmanship.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:33 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Aaron:

Great write up and pictures. Nice work also.

Does the casting that the mirror is bolted to say, "Made in China"? I hope to have a 2320 next year. But, are parts of the loader made in China? I can almost deal with a Japan built engine, but I am really tired of having to buy things made in China. It is no wonder that unemployment is high - we don't make anything here anymore. It won't stop me from buying a John Deere, but I don't like it.

Keep sending the ideas and pictures.

Thanks,
    Don
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:51 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,141 Times in 2,583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    Aaron:

Great write up and pictures. Nice work also.

Does the casting that the mirror is bolted to say, "Made in China"? I hope to have a 2320 next year. But, are parts of the loader made in China? I can almost deal with a Japan built engine, but I am really tired of having to buy things made in China. It is no wonder that unemployment is high - we don't make anything here anymore. It won't stop me from buying a John Deere, but I don't like it.

Keep sending the ideas and pictures.

Thanks,
    Don
    All I will say for now is "Sorry" Don
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:33 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Kenny:

Thanks for the comforting words. I will always have John Deere. I have had green blood since 1953, and I realize that there are John Deere factories and sales branches in China. But, it aggravates the hell out of me. In my feeble brain, global economy is: Build it in North America and ship it all over the world. How long will it be before we have John Deere equipment with, "Made in Russia" on it?

OK, I'm off the soapbox for now.

Don
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    04-13-2016 @ 11:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the kind words.

Several posts, maybe. Several good posts? Well that is debateable...

-Aaron
    2010 2305
    200cx loader and 62"mmm
    artillian pallet forks
    modified harbor freight quick hitch
    5' rear blade
    47" snowblower and 54" front blade
    custom weight cylinder
    custom 3 pt 2" receiver
    3 pt carryall

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    09-03-2019 @ 08:33 AM
    Thanks
    When I was working in China a few years back I quite enjoyed the crooked wine glasses!

Quality at its finest.

T-Klash
    John Deere 2520, JoDale Perry Cab, 200CX Loader w/ Ken's Bolt On Hooks, Artillian Glare Shrouds, Frontier RB1072 Rear Blade, iMatch, 54 Snow Blower, 52 Rotary Broom, 55 Rototiller, 17P Poly Cart
    John Deere Z375R
    John Deere SRX95

T-Klash

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast