Took the plunge! (sorry, no pics)

Thread: Took the plunge! (sorry, no pics)

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-21-2015 @ 04:56 AM
    Thanks

Took the plunge! (sorry, no pics)

Hi all,
    Well, my wife decided she'd had enough of me surfing the net, dragging her to various dealers and talking her ear off about tractors. We went to the local John Deere dealership and walked out with a new 1026r, h120 loader, 4' tiller and 4' cutter. My wife says Santa came early this year. She's right about that! I feel like I got a good deal as the dealer was under the MSRP from the Deere website. I'll take everyone's advise and shop around for implements as they seem pretty pricey from Deere. Heck, I'm a redneck and know how to use a green spray can! I know I need forks, trying to decide which ones to get. I wanted the backhoe, but couldn't really justify it right now. Maybe later on. The dealer said he'd have it delivered today so I'm hoping the weather holds out for me to get a little seat time. This is the first tractor I've owned and I will really need the practice before I feel comfortable tearing up the yard. Maybe my dad will let me practice at his house ! Thanks for all the advice during my research period. Reading all the posts really made my decision easy. Sorry for the lack of pics right now. I'll try and get some posted when I get a chance. Later!

Mark
    John Deere 1026r, H120 loader, Frontier RC2048 Rotary Cutter

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    rgd
    Last Online
    02-18-2019 @ 10:52 AM
    Thanks
    Welcome!and CONGRATS! I stopped at the local JD dealer yesterday as they had a 1026 up near the road....sweet machine . Post pics as soon as you can...otherwise suffer the consequences
    JD 2520 TLB
    JD gt 275

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    03-14-2017 @ 10:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 671 Posts

Great, the Herd is getting bigger!

Quote Originally Posted by hopkinsmw View Post
    Sorry for the lack of pics right now. I'll try and get some posted when I get a chance. Later!

Mark
    Mark, You got a great machine. Like me, you just have ta jump in and start learning. All I owned prior to this was Lawn and Garden machines. Adding attachments and making modifications will now be the bonus fun along with climbing into the seat everytime.

Oh, we have your promise in writing and will hold ya to it.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    12-02-2015 @ 04:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hopkinsmw View Post
    Hi all,
    Well, my wife decided she'd had enough of me surfing the net, dragging her to various dealers and talking her ear off about tractors. We went to the local John Deere dealership and walked out with a new 1026r, h120 loader, 4' tiller and 4' cutter. My wife says Santa came early this year. She's right about that! I feel like I got a good deal as the dealer was under the MSRP from the Deere website. I'll take everyone's advise and shop around for implements as they seem pretty pricey from Deere. Heck, I'm a redneck and know how to use a green spray can! I know I need forks, trying to decide which ones to get. I wanted the backhoe, but couldn't really justify it right now. Maybe later on. The dealer said he'd have it delivered today so I'm hoping the weather holds out for me to get a little seat time. This is the first tractor I've owned and I will really need the practice before I feel comfortable tearing up the yard. Maybe my dad will let me practice at his house ! Thanks for all the advice during my research period. Reading all the posts really made my decision easy. Sorry for the lack of pics right now. I'll try and get some posted when I get a chance. Later!

Mark
    Mark, good plan on relentlessly involving the wife. For forks check out http://www.artillian.com.
    Darrell

2010 JD2320, 200CX, 53" Bucket, 54" QH SnowBlower, iMatch, Ballast Box, LR1072, RC2048, GM3060, 647 Tiller, SS1023B

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:35 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 947 Posts
    Congrats Mark. I hope you enjoy your 1026R as much as I am mine.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements