What did you do with your SCUT Deere today? - Page 1187
Page 1187 of 1254 FirstFirst ... 187 687 1087 1137 1177 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1197 1237 ... LastLast
Results 11,861 to 11,870 of 12537
Like Tree82588Likes

Thread: What did you do with your SCUT Deere today?

1. Top | #11861

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Thanks
    How are you liking your chipper? ...
    Levi, BigJim55, jdforever and 3 others like this.
    2013 - JD 1025r, 60" Auto Connect MMM, H120 FEL, 50" QA Loader Bucket, Home made Bucket Teeth, Titan QA loader fork back frame, Home made 66" Loader QA Snow Plow, Home made Land Plane. Home made loader QA Stump bucket. Home made loader boom pole attachment. Home made Landscape Rake. Modified HF Quick Hitch, Home made 3 point Ballast box. Betsco BX42-S Wood Chipper, Woods 60" Back Blade, 72" Befco Finish Mower. 5' Bush Hog Mower. 1952 Ford 8N

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #11862

Last Online
    08-23-2019 @ 06:26 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMMAC View Post
    I think my pucker factor would be extremely high! Maybe double up some 2x8 guides to the left and right of the bridge decking and lag them in?

But that is nice work, and I can see your little tractor being very, very handy with the grapple and chipper.
    I would as well. I would be more worried about dragging a trailer behind the tractor. My favorite trailer is about 2 feet wider than my 1025r.
    Levi, BigJim55, jdforever and 4 others like this.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

JD Tractor aka Bucky
    2018 1025r ~ New in April 2018

Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Fork Lift ~
    Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~
    Thatcherator ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

Modifications Completed by Me ~ LED lights on roll bar ~ Mirrors ~ Shortened Rollbar to fit in Garage

4. Top | #11863
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:21 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,880 Times in 1,056 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    My first addition to this thread.

I have been doing a lot of chipping lately. I needed a way to get across a small side creek to get to some very dense forest that needs some chipping. Job #1 was to build a bridge that would carry the tractor's weight. Whaddya think?
    I think you have the tractor, grapple and the chipper. What's the hold up? Time to go to work. Bridge is more then good enough.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1Ĺ" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #11864
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,431 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Busman View Post
    Many moons ago, we used to do commercial mowing. School yards, sports fields, boulevards, residential stuff. There were some jobs that you took one look at and you told the customer. "Sorry ain't happening. Find someone else." Those jobs weren't worth the hassle at any price. Tough on the operator, tough on the machine. Easier money elsewhere.
    They haven't decided on whether they want to spend the price I gave them each week for mowing and I won't do it for less. It's not that I need the $$$, but if I am going to be doing it, I am going to make it worth my while. Yea, $2,200 a month to have your lawn cut is an expense but the guy spends $3,800 to fill up his boat with fuel, so when you live large, you had better be prepared to pay.

Most commercial outfits in our area which are true professionals charge between $1.50 and $2 per minute when calculating their estimates. There are always those who will do it cheaper but you just about always get what you pay for. The guy spent over $2 million to build the house and he knew it was going to cost some cash to maintain it.......It's just like snow plowing his 800 foot driveway, it's not the typical charge like it is for most driveways.

He wants me to spray it with my 45 gallon 3 point sprayer with 3 spray nozzles. I can spray 15' width per pass, so it will take me about 40 passes cover his front yard. I figure the application rate I use on my lawn works out to 45 gallons per acre (one gallon per 1,050 sq ft.) , so I would need to stop and fill the sprayer 9 times to cover the lawn. It should take me about 2 hours in total with half or more of that filling the sprayer. The good news is buying the spray mix in bulk and commercially, I can get my cost per sprayer full down to about $16.20 per spray tank so 9 tanks of spray mix and two gallons of diesel fuel are the material costs.

Using granular fertilizer, which the lawn is getting to need desperately, just the cost per application for material on his lawn works out to $1,226.43 and that doesn't include labor. I would need 31 bags of fertilizer for 365,000 sq feet, so I would see if the mill will deliver it for me at 600 pounds per pallet (12 bags per pallet) so I can lift it off the trailer with my tractor and pallet forks in his driveway area. I generally apply 4 times a year, before Memorial day, 4th of July, Labor day and after leaf clean up between Halloween and Thanksgiving. I could cut it back to 3 applications on his yard by applying on Memorial Day and skipping the 4th of July. The good commercial fertilizers will slow release and last 6 to 8 weeks without any difficulties. But even at 3 applications, its still going to cost about $5k a year to fertilize his lawn.

Pretty amazing what it actually costs to properly take care of a 8.5 acre lawn.........

Quote Originally Posted by 9MMMAC View Post
    Re: Battery powered chainsaw: I have a corded electric and and a big gasser. I "borrowed" a Milwaukee M18 sawzall from work and found it very, very handy. I'm thinking I'll get the 20V DeWalt brushless (since I have the DeWalt grease gun, a battery and the good, high current charger) for odd trimming jobs. I found the sawzall to be maybe a bit slower, and sometimes the small branches will just shake instead of being cut; no matter how you have the shoe up against the branches. That doesn't happen with a chainsaw, but I feel the safety aspect is improved, esp. with overhead or akward cuts. Plus, it's lighter and smaller, and the battery (at least for the M18) recharges in about 45 min.

Should I bite the bullet for a battery chainsaw or stick with a sawzall?

And ya, a backpack blower gets brushpiles going full blast with a quickness!
    I have a pole saw for the Echo battery power head and that's the way to deal with much of the cutting under 2" in diameter. Above that limb size, I switch to the battery chain saw. I tried the sawzall and for my needs, it was too time consuming. I do use the saw zall when there is a chance of getting the chain in dirt.

However, a new neighbor who lacks any chain saw experience asked my opinion on trimming branches and I suggested the Saw zall for him so he would be safer. He also got the HF pole saw which is battery driven and is enjoying using those.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamk View Post
    My first addition to this thread.

I have been doing a lot of chipping lately. I needed a way to get across a small side creek to get to some very dense forest that needs some chipping. Job #1 was to build a bridge that would carry the tractor's weight. Whaddya think?
    Great job on the bridge

I agree I would add some "curbs" to the outside edge just in case someone else is ever taking anything over the bridge as it would be a nasty fall to get a tire off the bridge on any vehicle.....You certainly built it strong enough, which is good to see.....Very well done.....
    Levi, BigJim55, mark02tj and 5 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. Top | #11865

Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 05:21 PM
    Thanks
    Well, besides ordering add-on's for my tractor, I actually got to use it today!!! The 60" MMM worked great, cut through tall grass like it was nothing. I almost had a moment is a soft place, but the diff lock got me through it. I'm not used to tractors, the steering is quick, but it does seem to oversteer a little. Meaning you have to counter steer to get back on track. I guess a spinner would be helpful, although I've never used one.
    ColonyPark, Levi, BigJim55 and 1 others like this.

8. Top | #11866
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowshooter1 View Post
    I guess a spinner would be helpful, although I've never used one.
    Spinner knob=Awesome. Just sayin... Some have had problems with installing them. I got the old-school version. Installed fine for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cottrillj; 05-11-2019 at 05:13 PM.
    Levi, BigJim55, jdforever and 2 others like this.
    2012 1023E, 60d MMM, H120 Loader

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cottrillj For This Useful Post:

Bowshooter1†(05-11-2019)

10. Top | #11867
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,364 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cottrillj View Post
    Spinner knob=Awesome. Just sayin... Some have had problems with installing them. I got the old-school version. Installed fine for me

i guess i am old school too, as i have used this kind also for yrs now. even had the wooden handle ones way back when...................
    Levi, jdforever, cottrillj and 1 others like this.
    jim

2006 2520 mcut, 2004 x475, 1953 model 50, 1985 318-was my Dad's,
    king kutter tiller-60", frontier-stone rake, jd-4ft brush hog, frontier-6ft back-blade, frontier-forks, 48 inch forks,
    2-54inch jd snow plows, jd-5ft-pull brush hog,

2018 835R gas model gator-"aka" the Cadillac i say!! 6ft jd snow plow-which already has a dtac out on it. i got just about everything on it i could at the time

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BigJim55 For This Useful Post:

Bowshooter1†(05-11-2019)

12. Top | #11868
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJim55 View Post
    i guess i am old school too, as i have used this kind also for yrs now. even had the wooden handle ones way back when...................
    I think maybe it's these here new-fangled-jobbies that people have issues with???

Last edited by cottrillj; 05-11-2019 at 08:57 PM.
    Levi, BigJim55, jdforever and 1 others like this.
    2012 1023E, 60d MMM, H120 Loader

13. Top | #11869
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Thanks
    Nontraditional tractor use: what to do when changing the seals on the trim/tilt on a large outboard, flushing fluid and you goof up. Got too much fluid out, motor down and no access to the fill port. Whoops.
    1025R to the rescue. Lifted the engine so I could use the safety stops.

Meanwhile is a 30' Grady White.
    Last edited by rakane; 05-11-2019 at 08:36 PM.
    Kennyd, ColonyPark, Levi and 7 others like this.

14. Top | #11870

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:56 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cottrillj View Post
    I think maybe it's these here new-fangled-jobbies that people have issues with???

Iíll let yíall know. I just recently purchased that exact one. Waiting to get LGM back to out it on along with some KennyD stuff that ordered around like Christmas. Man work has been crazy the last year
    Iíve always said. To much work is the better problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by rakane View Post
    Nontraditional tractor use: what to do when changing the seals on the trim/tilt on a large outboard, flushing fluid and you goof up. Got too much fluid out, motor down and no access to the fill port. Whoops.
    1025R to the rescue. Lifted the engine so I could use the safety stops.

Meanwhile is a 30' Grady White.
    Itís things like this that proves you will find stuff to do when you have a tractor
    Kennyd, Levi, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.
    LGM= Little Green Machine!!
    2018 2025TLB

BB2048L Box blade.
    Imatch quick hitch
    AV20F grapple
    Artillian diverter kit
    3pt tractor receiver hitch
    LR2060L Landscape Rake
    LP1060L Land Plane
    Homemade quick attach forks . http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...uild-soon.html
    *Please Lord give me the strength to add to this list when my wife isnít paying attention*

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements