What did you do with your SCUT Deere today? - Page 1193
Page 1193 of 1253 FirstFirst ... 193 693 1093 1143 1183 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1203 1243 ... LastLast
Results 11,921 to 11,930 of 12523
Like Tree82483Likes

Thread: What did you do with your SCUT Deere today?

  1. Top | #11921
    Corndog Hater ColonyPark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:48 AM
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    10,617
    Thanks
    3,534
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 956 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dadtoandrew View Post
    While the load-n-go seems like a vary good "attachment" I think it is quite pricey for the amount of times you'd use it? The only times I've gone under my MMM is to remove, then reinstall the blades after sharpening. Chains/Straps and a couple of hooks seems to work fine for me. That being said, I wish there was a better way to get it picked up more squarely without having to rely on the guide wheels when you finally get it up and moving.

    Kevin.

    Very good point, same situation hereIn fact, I will still drive it up on ramps to scrape the underside of the deck if I'm going to not be doing much with the tractor in between mowing, versus removing it, strapping it, etc.
    Last edited by ColonyPark; 05-16-2019 at 06:32 AM.
    Levi, BigJim55, jdforever and 2 others like this.
    Jamie

    2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #11922
    SulleyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Location
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Posts
    6,788
    Thanks
    1,387
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonyPark View Post
    Very good point, same situation hereIn fact, I will still drive it up on ramps to scrape the underside of the deck if I'm going to not be doing much with the tractor in between mowing, versus removing it, strapping it, etc.
    I was using my 1 series to pick up the front of my Zero Turn mower the other day out in the field behind my house. I had the zero turn's rear bumper against the ground I had the angle so high on the ZT. It's an easy way to clean out the underside of the mower deck on either the 1 series or other machines. A neighbor saw me lying on the ground and the two machines out in the field and stopped to make sure I wasn't in some sort of trouble. He said he thought maybe I had the ZT "stuck" and he wanted to see if I needed help. Plus, he wanted to make sure I wasn't in trouble under the machine and needed help, which was nice of him to check on me.........

    With all the wet weather we have had, there is a real need to keep the underside of the decks cleared of all accumulation and debris. Even just 10% of the underside of the deck having clumps stuck on it can reduce the cut and clipping distribution results. Crud under the deck tends to clump the discharge of the clippings and make them more apparent on the lawn. It makes the end result of the mowing less attractive than when the decks are functioning as designed.......

    Even just leaving the deck on the 1 series and lifting the front end with the FEL and rolling the bucket to raise the front of the tractor can make cleaning under the deck easier when the deck is still on the tractor. Its just important to always have some additional jack stands, blocking or other system to provide a back up in the unlikely event of a hydraulic failure and the machine dropping down............
    ColonyPark, Levi, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.

    1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

    John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

    ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products





  4. Top | #11923
    Corndog Hater ColonyPark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:48 AM
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    10,617
    Thanks
    3,534
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 956 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    With all the wet weather we have had, there is a real need to keep the underside of the decks cleared of all accumulation and debris. Even just 10% of the underside of the deck having clumps stuck on it can reduce the cut and clipping distribution results. Crud under the deck tends to clump the discharge of the clippings and make them more apparent on the lawn. It makes the end result of the mowing less attractive than when the decks are functioning as designed.......

    True
    Levi, BigJim55, jdforever and 4 others like this.
    Jamie

    2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #11924

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:37 AM
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Try some of this stuff after you clean the deck. Seem to working for me.

    Amazon.com : DuPont Teflon Non-Stick Dry-Film Lubricant, 14-Ounce : Bike Oils : Industrial Scientific
    Levi, jdforever and PJR832 like this.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatback For This Useful Post:

    Auguste (05-16-2019), ColonyPark (05-16-2019)

  8. Top | #11925

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Location
    Rexton NB Canada
    Posts
    425
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 28 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fatback View Post
    Try some of this stuff after you clean the deck. Seem to working for me.

    Amazon.com : DuPont Teflon Non-Stick Dry-Film Lubricant, 14-Ounce : Bike Oils : Industrial Scientific
    Thank you for the recommendation.
    Levi, jdforever, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    Auguste . . . a blue collar guy working in a white collar world
    Rexton, New Brunswick, Canada

    JD Tractor aka Bucky
    2018 1025r ~ New in April 2018

    Accessories ~ Front End Loader ~ Backhoe ~ Mid-Mounter Mower ~ Box Blade ~ Fork Lift ~
    Roto Tiller ~ Chipper ~ Mulch Kit ~ Sub-soil Conditioner ~ Ballast Box ~ Plug Aerator ~
    Thatcherator ~ iMatch Quick Hitch ~ Landscape rake

    Modifications Completed by Me ~ LED lights on roll bar ~ Mirrors ~ Shortened Rollbar to fit in Garage

  9. Top | #11926

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:23 PM
    Location
    Sherborn, MA
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Wheel spacers, ON!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3560.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	720.2 KB 
ID:	686418Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3561.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	794.2 KB 
ID:	686420

    Put on Bro-Tek 1.4" spacers today for the 1025r with 54" deck. Worked out perfect. Clearance is tight but no risk of rub. Took about 90 minutes but someone who has ever removed a tire before in their lives could certainly do it quicker.

    I haven't mowed since last year before I filled the tires, put on wheel weights and now rear spacers. Holy moly what a difference . It should come from the factory like this, it is 3x more stable. If you have any hills or rough terrain and feel unstable it's a no brainer.

  10. Top | #11927

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    08-19-2019 @ 01:53 PM
    Location
    SWVA
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 26 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3560.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	720.2 KB 
ID:	686418Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3561.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	794.2 KB 
ID:	686420

    Put on Bro-Tek 1.4" spacers today for the 1025r with 54" deck. Worked out perfect. Clearance is tight but no risk of rub. Took about 90 minutes but someone who has ever removed a tire before in their lives could certainly do it quicker.

    I haven't mowed since last year before I filled the tires, put on wheel weights and now rear spacers. Holy moly what a difference . It should come from the factory like this, it is 3x more stable. If you have any hills or rough terrain and feel unstable it's a no brainer.

    I WANT SPACERS TOO!

    But I can't follow the couple of threads about them here very well. I'm not gonna fart around with getting the bolts with the proper shoulder angle; they should be in the kit to begin with.

    Did your package get the right stuff from the get-go? Please and thank you for a part number!

    P.S.: Your 54" deck still lines up and attaches fine? I have the quick-tach system.
    Last edited by 9MMMAC; 05-16-2019 at 02:46 PM.
    Levi and jdforever like this.

  11. Top | #11928

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:23 PM
    Location
    Sherborn, MA
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9MMMAC View Post
    I WANT SPACERS TOO!

    But I can't follow the couple of threads about them here very well. I'm not gonna fart around with getting the bolts with the proper shoulder angle; they should be in the kit to begin with.

    Did your package get the right stuff from the get-go? Please and thank you for a part number!

    P.S.: Your 54" deck still lines up and attaches fine? I have the quick-tach system.
    All hardware needed is included, did not need anything extra. No part number I can find on my invoice. Reach out to Bro-Tek via email (Richard - [email protected]) asking for the 'JD 1.4” rear spacers for the 1025r'. The 1.4" is made specifically for the 1025r to fit perfect with the 54" deck, and I can attest it does fit perfect.
    etcallhome, Levi, BigJim55 and 4 others like this.

  12. Top | #11929

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Location
    Burton, Ohio
    Posts
    2,702
    Thanks
    523
    Thanked 428 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
    All hardware needed is included, did not need anything extra. No part number I can find on my invoice. Reach out to Bro-Tek via email (Richard - [email protected]) asking for the 'JD 1.4” rear spacers for the 1025r'. The 1.4" is made specifically for the 1025r to fit perfect with the 54" deck, and I can attest it does fit perfect.
    I was going to ask you about the 1.4 dimension, I didn't see but 1.25 and 1.5 on their website. So they make these for the 54 deck but it is best to contact them and tell them what you have to guaranty a fit?
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Levi, BigJim55, jdforever and 2 others like this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

  13. Top | #11930

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:23 PM
    Location
    Sherborn, MA
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GasKing View Post
    All hardware needed is included, did not need anything extra. No part number I can find on my invoice. Reach out to Bro-Tek via email (Richard - [email protected]) asking for the 'JD 1.4” rear spacers for the 1025r'. The 1.4" is made specifically for the 1025r to fit perfect with the 54" deck, and I can attest it does fit perfect.
    I was going to ask you about the 1.4 dimension, I didn't see but 1.25 and 1.5 on their website. So they make these for the 54 deck but it is best to contact them and tell them what you have to guaranty a fit?
    Thanks for the heads up!
    Yes, I was surprised when I wrote them asking about the 1.5” spacer fitting the 54” deck that they pointed me to an off menu item. I bet they get a good amount of returns and have gathered a bunch of knowledge about what size spacer works with each somewhat popular setup.
    Levi, BigJim55, jdforever and 4 others like this.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GasKing For This Useful Post:

    9MMMAC (05-17-2019), Jeff B (05-16-2019)

  15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Similar Threads

  1. Just got the John Deere 2 row Planter out Today
    By sweettractors in forum Implements & Attachments
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2017, 01:56 PM
  2. what I did today
    By tackit in forum Home & Workshop Projects
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-24-2014, 07:13 AM
  3. New today
    By greenmachine in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-22-2011, 09:15 PM
  4. New today
    By greenmachine in forum Large Frame Compact Utility Tractors (LCUT)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 08:32 AM
  5. Scored a nice Deere MX 8 Semi Mount Rotary Cutter Today
    By sweettractors in forum Implements & Attachments
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 02:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •