What did you do with your SCUT Deere today? - Page 1304
Page 1304 of 1318 FirstFirst ... 304 804 1204 1254 1294 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1314 ... LastLast
Results 13,031 to 13,040 of 13179
Like Tree88134Likes

Thread: What did you do with your SCUT Deere today?

1. Top | #13031
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiwire View Post
    I think of my 2025 as a hybrid. A little bigger than the 1025 SCUT but not really a full MCUT so I tend to still hang with you SCUT guys.
    It's more like the red headed step child.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #13032
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    Looks like someone wants they’re own SSCUT forum. Semi Sub Compact ... They should have called it 1045R or some such. Or does it actually qualify as a 2 series?
    1025R, 120R FEL, 60D MMM, Frontier 2060L, Bunch of homemade stuff

4. Top | #13033
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Thanks
    It's actually just a much better version of the 1025.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Matt
    2019 2025R loader backhoe Frontier fork attachment brush mower back blade. HF Quick hitch with extended hook and 2" receiver added. John Deere ballast box.
    2003 L110 mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #13034

Last Online
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Thanks
    I refuse ro have tractor envy! The 2025 is not much bigger. Certainly cant compare to the 2038 (including price). A poor mans MCUT! Im happy to remain a SCUT. There is a lot of activity over here that pertains to the 2025. Besides...you have Tim, Ken, and Sulley so I could never bail on that crew!

7. Top | #13035
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,601 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    Looks like you got to play with your little red wagon Levi. Hey, that tri tip wacker blade you got, I’m thinking of getting one for bush wacking. How you like it?
    Levi is DA MAN.....(the kids would say he is "dope", which apparently means "cool" ot "the one", but I wouldn't want Levi to think I was calling him "A Dope", because I would NEVER do that, right Buddy?...) The hills he works on scare the heck out of me. I think he is part Billy Goat......hey, he even has the chin whiskers, too.....I think.......

I think of my 2025 as a hybrid. A little bigger than the 1025 SCUT but not really a full MCUT so I tend to still hang with you SCUT guys.
    We will permit it. For now.......But if you get to "big" for us 1 series guys, well then we will have to see.......

Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    Don't like the sound of that. Thing is, I've had this tractor since January and have 30 hours on it so the fitting was at least snug and only worked itself loose enough to leak in the last hour or so of me using it. I also wonder if that was a factory connection or was that connection last tightened at the dealer with one of my hydraulic upgrades (hydraulic MMM lift or 3rd mid scv?).

I do think I'll report it to the dealer just to get it on record. Between this and the front tie rod that rubs against the MMM mounting bracket, I'm starting to question Deere quality control.
    I have to say that it took me a minute to get Oriented to DanW's photo and I wonder if the dealer would have had that loose for some reason. In any event, tighten up and solves the problem is about as good a solution as you could ask for. I have to say I just had my tractor's second anniversary and its at 394 hours on the clock and so far, I did have one of the rubber lines for the quick hitch develop a pin hole leak and the dealer custom made me all new lines (all 4 of the lines on the quick hitch) and he replaced the line and that was the extent of any leaks or any warranty or service issues.

I STRONGLY suggest any of you who use the machine for snow removal, whether its blower, blade or pusher or some other means of snow removal, order the John Deere Hydralic fluid dye, which turns the Hydro Fluid Red. When you are doing snow removal, you have all sorts of trailing lines of water and they are often under the tractor, or originating where there could be a hydraulic leak. By adding the red dye, it makes the leaks, should they occur, very easy to see.

I can't tell you after the pin hole leak, which only leaked at VERY HIGH PRESSURE and sprayed Hydro Oil all over the tractor and made quite the mess even ending up on the cab roof, every time I would see a "drip trail" in the snow, it would make me wonder if there was a new leak. Thus far, there hasn't been. But having the fluid bright red, so it looks like a homicide trail, eliminates all doubt whether the trail you see is important or not. Just for clarity, I don't have a lot of experience with homicide blood trails, but that's another story.........

For those interested, the dye is John Deere part number MT3668. It's a small glass jar, wrapped in foam in a box and the jar is about 15% full when you open it. So, when you open the jar, should you use the dye, it should be just a partial jar as the dye is very concentrated. If you haven't cleared snow with your tractor yet, you are going to be surprised how many things drip off the machine due to engine heat, exhaust smoke melting snow, etc. etc. Once you get that leak trail in your mind, its very reassuring to know if its not RED, its not important when you see drips and drops and trails from your tractor in the winter.

I refuse ro have tractor envy! The 2025 is not much bigger. Certainly cant compare to the 2038 (including price). A poor mans MCUT! Im happy to remain a SCUT. There is a lot of activity over here that pertains to the 2025. Besides...you have Tim, Ken, and Sulley so I could never bail on that crew!
    Wow, I was mentioned in the same breath with genuine tractor ROYALTY......I feel very privileged, but I doubt Tim and Ken would feel the same, they probably think including me is dragging down the quality of the group......

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (11-01-2019), DanW (10-31-2019), Littlegreenmachine (11-01-2019)

9. Top | #13036
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Levi is DA MAN.....The hills he works on scare the heck out of me. I think he is part Billy Goat......
    I was going to make a comment about needing a grapple until I saw that slope. I was stunned to silence at that point.

I have to say that it took me a minute to get Oriented to DanW's photo and I wonder if the dealer would have had that loose for some reason. In any event, tighten up and solves the problem is about as good a solution as you could ask for. I have to say I just had my tractor's second anniversary and its at 394 hours on the clock and so far, I did have one of the rubber lines for the quick hitch develop a pin hole leak and the dealer custom made me all new lines (all 4 of the lines on the quick hitch) and he replaced the line and that was the extent of any leaks or any warranty or service issues.
    Yeah, I guess I could've identified that better. For anyone else it's just behind the left rear tire as you sit on the tractor. When I saw the leak, in particular the amount of fluid that was coming out and from where, I was pretty sure it was just a loose fitting but had 2 options at that point. Make use of the warranty and wait an unknown amount of time for the repair, or just tighten the fitting. Worst case if it still leaked I'd be saving the mechanic some diagnostic time, although I admit having a mechanic come out just to tighten a fitting would have been pretty embarrassing.

I STRONGLY suggest any of you who use the machine for snow removal, whether its blower, blade or pusher or some other means of snow removal, order the John Deere Hydralic fluid dye, which turns the Hydro Fluid Red. When you are doing snow removal, you have all sorts of trailing lines of water and they are often under the tractor, or originating where there could be a hydraulic leak. By adding the red dye, it makes the leaks, should they occur, very easy to see.

I can't tell you after the pin hole leak, which only leaked at VERY HIGH PRESSURE and sprayed Hydro Oil all over the tractor and made quite the mess even ending up on the cab roof, every time I would see a "drip trail" in the snow, it would make me wonder if there was a new leak. Thus far, there hasn't been. But having the fluid bright red, so it looks like a homicide trail, eliminates all doubt whether the trail you see is important or not. Just for clarity, I don't have a lot of experience with homicide blood trails, but that's another story.........

For those interested, the dye is John Deere part number MT3668. It's a small glass jar, wrapped in foam in a box and the jar is about 15% full when you open it. So, when you open the jar, should you use the dye, it should be just a partial jar as the dye is very concentrated. If you haven't cleared snow with your tractor yet, you are going to be surprised how many things drip off the machine due to engine heat, exhaust smoke melting snow, etc. etc. Once you get that leak trail in your mind, its very reassuring to know if its not RED, its not important when you see drips and drops and trails from your tractor in the winter.
    As I was tightening that fitting I was wondering how long it would have taken me to notice this in the snow. Once again, this forum and Sullybear come through. Good news is I use highway diesel so I won't have to worry about which red liquid I'm leaking if I see drops.

I couldn't find MT3668 on Green Parts Store or Deere parts for that matter, but Amazon carries it. Interesting how many of the positive reviews on Amazon are from Kubota owners.
    Last edited by DanW; 10-31-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    "We're all ignorant, just in different subjects." - Will Rogers

2018 1023E w/120R loader & 53" bucket, 60D MMM w/auto PTO coupler & hydraulic lift, Deere 3rd Mid SCV, iMatch 3ph, ballast box, ROPS Light Guard, Deck Dolly, Edge Tamers, Ken's Hooks and diff pedal, Heavy Hitch Toothbar, Frontier AV20F Grapple, HLA HD0942 pallet forks, Grammer MSG85/721 Suspension Seat, Front Quick Hitch w/Hydraulic angle, Deere 60" QH Blade

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DanW For This Useful Post:

Littlegreenmachine (11-01-2019)

11. Top | #13037
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 2,309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DanW View Post
    I couldn't find MT3668 on Green Parts Store or Deere parts for that matter, but Amazon carries it. Interesting how many of the positive reviews on Amazon are from Kubota owners.
    You're looking in the wrong place. Green Farm parts shows it in stock. And they are a supporting vendor at our forum here. I try to support them whenever possible. Plus we get a nice 7% discount for being GTT members.

John Deere Oil MT3668 - Green Farm Parts
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

12. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

DanW (10-31-2019)

13. Top | #13038
    EVT
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:23 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR832 View Post
    It's more like the red headed step child.

Wouldn't that be a Kubota???

ColonyPark, Levi, BigJim55 and 5 others like this.
    2018 1025R, 120R FEL, 260B BH
    BXpanded Barracuda thumb, Quick-on connector, Ripper, Trench bucket, Piranha tooth bar
    iMatch 3pt. Quick Hitch
    JD 54 inch Quick Hitch Snow Blade
    Frontier AP10F Pallet Forks
    Frontier PHD-100 Post Hole Digger
    Frontier LR2060L Landscape Rake
    JD Ballast Box
    Titan BX42 Wood Chipper
    Heavy Hitch Receiver and Suitcase Weight Bracket, Front bracket
    Lots of stuff from Ken's Bolt on Hooks

14. Top | #13039
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,906 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbar View Post
    Looks like you got to play with your little red wagon Levi. Hey, that tri tip wacker blade you got, I’m thinking of getting one for bush wacking. How you like it?
    For me that blade is the only way to go. When there is some vines and other things laying on the ground I use it to also cut it up in tiny pieces so I don't have to chip it or move it into a pile. If I have a lot of vines I'll pile it up and use that blade to cut it into pieces that way too. Just run the flat part of the blade up and down on the pile and it cuts it up pretty good. I only use it for my winter projects but I love it.

Levi is DA MAN.....(the kids would say he is "dope", which apparently means "cool" ot "the one", but I wouldn't want Levi to think I was calling him "A Dope", because I would NEVER do that, right Buddy?...) The hills he works on scare the heck out of me. I think he is part Billy Goat......hey, he even has the chin whiskers, too.....I think.......
    Thanks Sulley. You are right on the chin whiskers for now though. I'm letting it grow as there is a little gal in WV that likes it that way. I will keep it trimmed shorter then a billy goat.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

15. Top | #13040
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:25 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,553 Times in 1,638 Posts
    Levi,,, nice looking job,

I thought our property was steep,,,NOPE yours is STEEP .

Some of the area I mow in Morgantown is close to being that steep, but thankfully maybe 12-25' in height.

I may have to find my blade and start using it instead of saw blade I've used .
    ColonyPark, Levi, BigJim55 and 5 others like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements