Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1026r and 54 front snow blower advice needed

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-05-2016 @ 07:15 PM
    Thanks

1026r and 54 front snow blower advice needed

Hello,

I just recently purchased a used 1026R with the H120 loader and 60D auto connect mowing deck. I am considering buying a 54 John Deere front snow blower off of a person who has a 1025R that he wants to sell me which was used 1 time for 3K with everything needed so the blower is in like new condition. Is that a good deal for the snow blower or should I try to do better? I'm also trying to figure out what will need to be removed to connect the front hitch and the snow blower to the tractor. From what I have read so far I think that I need to remove the auto connect PTO from the underside of the tractor by pulling four pins. I also understand that I will need the front attach hardware off of the 1025R and attach that to my 1026R. The questions that I'm not sure about is do I need to remove the brush guard on the front that is already there on my 1026R or can it remain in place? Are there other gotcha's that I need to be aware of? The reason I ask is that my local dealer offered a discount on a new one if I did the installation myself. I'm wondering if it has to be setup properly for each tractor or should everything just fit? Thanks for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:44 PM
    Thanks

Well

They are around 4K new for everything needed to attach it to your tractor.

The attaching parts are the same. There is a small difference in the Front PTO kit due to the RIO on the 1025r but it won't matter on your tractor

Best deal I found new for everything was 3700
    2015 1025r FILB (H120 49" w/piranha bar & KBOGHs, 60" Auto-connect MMM)
    Artillian Frame, Forks, Grapple and Diverter
    BB2060 Frontier Box Blade
    PB1001 Frontier 1 Bottom Turning Plow
    54" JD Snow Blower
    647JD Tiller
    LP1160 land plane
    Tektite Backhoe cab

Just need a Wallenstein Chipper and... I'm sure I'll think of something more

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 05:04 AM
    Thanks
    The price seems ok, IF it's in new condition and everything to mount it is included. I think you have a good understanding of what it takes to install a blower.
    Eric

2011 1026R / H120 / 60D auto-connect, independent-lift mmm / 54" snowblower / 4' KK Pro rotary mower / KK 4' tiller

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    bob
    Last Online
    09-21-2019 @ 10:44 AM
    Thanks
    The brush guard can remain in place.
    KE8LW likes this.
    2011 John Deere 1026R
    H120 FEL with 53 inch bucket
    60D Auto-Connect mower deck
    54 inch snowblower
    647 tiller
    i-match
    Heavy Hitch
    TuffTop
    Ken's bolt on hooks
    ballast box
    wheel weights
    steering wheel spinner knob

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:31 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith56 View Post
    Hello,

I just recently purchased a used 1026R with the H120 loader and 60D auto connect mowing deck. I am considering buying a 54 John Deere front snow blower off of a person who has a 1025R that he wants to sell me which was used 1 time for 3K with everything needed so the blower is in like new condition. Is that a good deal for the snow blower or should I try to do better? I'm also trying to figure out what will need to be removed to connect the front hitch and the snow blower to the tractor. From what I have read so far I think that I need to remove the auto connect PTO from the underside of the tractor by pulling four pins. I also understand that I will need the front attach hardware off of the 1025R and attach that to my 1026R. The questions that I'm not sure about is do I need to remove the brush guard on the front that is already there on my 1026R or can it remain in place? Are there other gotcha's that I need to be aware of? The reason I ask is that my local dealer offered a discount on a new one if I did the installation myself. I'm wondering if it has to be setup properly for each tractor or should everything just fit? Thanks for your help.
    I have a 1025R with a 54" front mount snow blower and auto-connect 60D MMM. The entire auto-connect deck lift arm assembly and MMM drive shaft must be removed to install the front PTO drive shaft. Not a big deal after you do it a few times.

The brush guard stays on.

The 3K price is a good deal as long as all the needed components are included.

You will need the front PTO drive shaft assembly and Front Hitch Support (LVA16651) along with the mounting brackets that are attached to the tractor. This is separate from the front hitch the blower hangs on.

You will also need the hitch adapter kit attached to the front of the tractor.

The front hitch for the blower should have the lift cylinder in it. The front hitch can also have an angle cylinder in it if the front hitch will be used for a blade also. If it is being used for a snow blower only, no need for the angle cylinder. You will just install the angle lock pin.

The 1025R uses a hall effect sensor in the Front Hitch Support that sensors the front drive shaft rotation. When the sensor senses rotation, the RIO is bypassed. This permits backing up without holding the PTO control on override. According to the JD parts breakdown, the 1026R uses the hall effect sensor also. This means you will need the LVA18264 wiring harness that is installed on the tractor.

There are allot of pieces that could easily be missed that are installed on the tractor that do not come off when the blower is removed. The snow blower is the big item but there are allot of other components needed to use the blower.
    Bolted on brackets on the front of the tractor and the wiring harness for the hall effect sensor to name a few. Be sure to get all mounting parts or you will be disappointed and end up having to buy them from JD. If that happens, the 3K price tag will not look so good.

Good luck!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1026R Front PTO.pdf   Front Drive and Reinforcement Kit.pdf   Hitch Adapter Kit.pdf   Front PTO 1025R.pdf   Front Quick Hitch.pdf  

2365, HydroHarold, Jep and 1 others like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks

Thank you!

I just want to thank all of you for helping me with this. I was not aware of the wiring harness for the RIO. I will need to work with the seller on the removal of the wiring harness, hopefully it's easily accessible and be removed easily. Does anyone happen to know what is involved with the installation of the wiring harness? I have already talked to the seller about the removal of the front attach support kit but I'm also thinking that I am going to need the longer bolts as my tractor does have the loader guard on the front. The sellers tractor does not have a loader or the guard. Also I have acquired a 54 blade with the hitch from a x585, does anyone know if this will work with the 1026R? I know that the quick attach hitches for both have different numbers but I'm not real certain what the differences actually are? The hitch for the x585 has the hydraulic angling kit and I'm wondering if I can remove it from the x series hitch and install it on the 1026R hitch. Again thanks to all of you and this forum for providing this valuable information.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,084 Times in 2,549 Posts
    ... I was not aware of the wiring harness for the RIO. I will need to work with the seller on the removal of the wiring harness, hopefully it's easily accessible and be removed easily....
    NO NO NO you do not need the wiring harness! It's part of his tractor, and depending on your seriel number you may or may not have the tractor side plug. If you don't have it, then that is a GOOD thing!.

A good thread to read:

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...-take-off.html
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks

I do have RIO

Thanks for the information, I do know that I have RIO as the mower deck will shut down if I go into reverse with it engaged. My 1026R is a 2012 and I do have the dreaded RIO on it. Also I just reviewed the other post suggested and I do in fact have a stub wire there without the additional wire to reach the front hitch piece. The good thing though is that it looks like it will come off of there easily enough. I also priced out the pieces that Ray PA pointed out and I've talked to the seller already about the front support hardware that he agreed that I can have when I pick up the blower. The wiring harness is almost $100 so after talking with the seller he will be contacting his dealer to find out if he needs to keep it in the event that he wants to attach another PTO driven implement. This sure is a complicated process but I do have somewhat of a understanding as to what will be needed thanks to this forum.
    Last edited by msmith56; 10-18-2015 at 07:52 PM.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:31 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the information, I do know that I have RIO as the mower deck will shut down if I go into reverse with it engaged. My 1026R is a 2012 and I do have the dreaded RIO on it. Also I just reviewed the other post suggested and I do in fact have a stub wire there without the additional wire to reach the front hitch piece. The good thing though is that it looks like it will come off of there easily enough. I also priced out the pieces that Ray PA pointed out and I've talked to the seller already about the front support hardware that he agreed that I can have when I pick up the blower. The wiring harness is almost $100 so after talking with the seller he will be contacting his dealer to find out if he needs to keep it in the event that he wants to attach another PTO driven implement. This sure is a complicated process but I do have somewhat of a understanding as to what will be needed thanks to this forum.
    msmith..... I do know when I got my 1025R in 2013, the short wiring harness was part of the front PTO kit which is used for the front mount snow blower and front mount broom. It was not on the tractor until it was put on as part of the front PTO kit. My dealer had told me then that JD had started putting the hall effect sensor on the 1026R's. Whether all the 1026's have it, I am not sure.
    Because the front PTO is only used with the front mount snow blower and front mount broom and the short wiring harness is part of the front PTO kit, the front PTO kit will be missing a piece if you do not get the short wiring harness because you will not be able to plug in the sensor which means you will need to hold the PTO bypass when backing up with the snow blower on which is a PIA.
    To my knowledge, the 1026R's RIO shuts off the mid PTO when backing up without holding the PTO switch in override. JD changed this in the 1025R's. The RIO shuts off the engine on the 1025R machines which is really a PIA. So, on your 1026r, this sensor will keep the snow blower running when backing up without holding the PTO switch on bypass. On a 1025r, this sensor keeps the engine running.
    You are right, getting all the components is complicated. There is more to it than the snow blower.
    The 54" front blade from the x500 will fit your 1026r front hitch. I believe the angle cylinder from the x500 is the same also although, the 1026r and 1025r hydraulic quick connects are back at the right side foot rest. Because of this, there is a hose extension kit that is needed for these machines. My 1025R has hose extensions on all the front hitch hoses. The lift hoses and the angle cylinder hoses.

Good luck!!
    HouseMouse likes this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    10-12-2019 @ 10:25 AM
    Thanks
    I have a 1026r with 54'' blower also. The only other thing I can think of to get from him is the 2 gold colored curly-Q brackets on the right side frame rail, they hold the hoses away from the front tire. I bypassed my RIO so I don't even need to use the hall sensor, I don't even plug it in.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast