Green Tractor Talk banner

PSI on 1026R

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Grant Webb 
#1 ·
What is the best psi for your 1026R tires when your using the FEL and when your just mowing? I have R3's. Would it be the same psi for R4's also?

#2 ·
When using the FEL maximum tire pressure is recommended. You can lower your pressure for mowing. I leave mine at max because I never know what I'm doing next and don't want to damage a tire. :hi:

#4 ·
This is a good question I keep forgetting to ask.

Owners manual for 102x says to inflate 20 psi (rear max) and 22 psi (front max). FEL manual says:

"Inflating Front Tires

Inflate regular tires to pressure recommended for heavy front-mounted equipment.
Inflate 4-WD tires 27.6 kPa (0.3 bar) (4 psi) above pressure recommended for heavy front-mounted equipment."

So, should I be putting 26 psi in the fronts? (R4's):dunno:

#5 ·
I run 28psi in my fronts. (This higher than suggested psi, so do so at your own risk) But I don't like to see the tires squat when loaded. The only down side to doing this is, it may cause the center of the tire to ware out sooner than the rest of the tire.:drinks:

#6 ·
Keep in mind the only suspension your tractor has is the tire. There is nothing else if you dont count the seat.

You need the tires firm when using the loader for sure. But if your loader is off for months at a time you might consider dropping the pressure on the tires down to get a little more "cush".

#7 ·
You are right about the tire suspension and it just would not be right not to count the seat:empathy: that is one of the rasons us 1026R owners bought the tractor for:laugh::flag_of_truce: I do keep the rears at the recommended psi for that reason. But I drop the mower after every use, my loader stays on 99% of the time as I use it much more than the mower.:drinks:

#8 ·
You are right about the seat. The dealer had a 1023 and a 1026 sitting on the lot when I went to get mine. I had the dealer quote me a 1023 and all the extras. I didn't even sit on one because I thought I knew what I wanted. At the last minute I said I might as well go set on the tractor before I decide and the seat is what sold me. That and the tilt steering wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.