Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Just ordered my new 1025r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-08-2016 @ 07:25 PM
    Thanks

Just ordered my new 1025r

Just placed an order at my local John Deere dealer. I ordered a 1025r, R4 tires, H120 loader, 60" MMM, a JD647 tiller and an iMatch Quick connector. It is scheduled for delivery this coming Saturday.

I am a first time tractor owner and was wanting to ask is there any particulars I need to know in terms of operation, maintenance, etc.

The tractor will be used for mowing 2.5 acres and doing work in a 2 acre wooded area and gardening and other misc task around the house.

Any advice on using the 647 tiller?

Thanks for any info y'all can give!
    Gizmo2, Levi and gbnpp05 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,073 Times in 2,539 Posts
    Congrats and:
    CodeHacker82 likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3
    JKR
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Thanks
    Congrats
    CodeHacker82 likes this.
    3033R, HST, 3SVC, 60" heavy bucket with replaceable blade, H165 loader, Trans and engine heater, 60" tow behind mower.
    hydraulic top link, Line kit, 72" hydraulic power angle plow, JD pallet forks, 60" box blade, 60" scraper,
    72" rear rake, Homemade rock bucket, Post hole digger.Piranha Tooth Bar, Ballast box, rear chains,

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Welcome from West Virginia

CodeHacker82 likes this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 05:06 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome and congrats on the purchase. They are awesome tractors and mine continues to impress me every time I use it!
    CodeHacker82 likes this.
    2016 1025r TLB, H120 loader with 53" bucket, Piranha tooth bar, Ken's hooks, 54" mechanical lift deck/auto connect & mulching kit, 260 backhoe with 12" bucket, Titan pallet forks, County line post hole auger
    1987 318, 50" deck

Reluctant member of hitting the Rops on the garage door TWICE
    (Gone but not forgotten) 1947 John Deere D, 1984 318, 1985 430
    Stihl MS290 20" bar
    Stihl FS110 Trimmer
    Stihl BR350 Backpack blower

99 Honda Foreman S

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 08:49 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome sir, you are really going to enjoy your landscape chores with that tractor. I will apologize for not knowing how to link a thread for you, but you will absolutely have to have a method of attaching a great deal of weight to the rear of the tractor, referred to as ballast. I will advise you to search this site for ballast and why you need it, and then select the type of weight set up you think will be best for you. Ballast is essential for balancing the tractor when you use the loader to pick and carry weight in the bucket. Failure to ballast can lead to premature front axle failure due to overloading and also loss of brakes and tipping the tractor over on relatively mild slopes and bumps. Sorry so serious but it is THAT important.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    11-13-2018 @ 04:33 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    Welcome sir, you are really going to enjoy your landscape chores with that tractor. I will apologize for not knowing how to link a thread for you, but you will absolutely have to have a method of attaching a great deal of weight to the rear of the tractor, referred to as ballast. I will advise you to search this site for ballast and why you need it, and then select the type of weight set up you think will be best for you. Ballast is essential for balancing the tractor when you use the loader to pick and carry weight in the bucket. Failure to ballast can lead to premature front axle failure due to overloading and also loss of brakes and tipping the tractor over on relatively mild slopes and bumps. Sorry so serious but it is THAT important.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^

Congrats...you will love it!

Just because you CAN lift something without ballast doesn't mean you should. There are numerous options for ballast and a few minutes of research on the subject here will be extremely enlightening. There are factory options as well as a many aftermarket options, Some of our supporting vendors offer options as well. I chose to go with a Heavy Hitch from heavyhitch.com/ and some factory weights. I use this anytime I have the loader on without the BH. While this works for my situation it may not be best for you so shop around. Stay safe and have fun!!
    2014 1025R TLB 60" MMM, 54-inch Front Blade, Artillian Forks, Grapples, and Horse Blinders, Kens bolt on hooks, 1.5" Bro-Tek Rear Wheel Spacers, iMatch, Heavy Hitch, BB5048L Box Blade
    2016 Z930M 60" 7 Iron PRO Deck, Custom Lights
    LA145

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:27 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeHacker82 View Post
    Just placed an order at my local John Deere dealer. I ordered a 1025r, R4 tires, H120 loader, 60" MMM, a JD647 tiller and an iMatch Quick connector. It is scheduled for delivery this coming Saturday.

I am a first time tractor owner and was wanting to ask is there any particulars I need to know in terms of operation, maintenance, etc.

The tractor will be used for mowing 2.5 acres and doing work in a 2 acre wooded area and gardening and other misc task around the house.

Any advice on using the 647 tiller?

Thanks for any info y'all can give!
    Welcome. One thing I would mention to a new tractor operator is to always start/stop the PTO only at idle. Do not engage/disengage the PTO at full throttle.

Many other things, but you will learn as you go. Don't be a stranger here. Ask questions, read the historical discussions. LOTS of wisdom on the pages of GTT.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    04-08-2016 @ 07:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratheon View Post
    ^^^^THIS^^^^

Congrats...you will love it!

Just because you CAN lift something without ballast doesn't mean you should. There are numerous options for ballast and a few minutes of research on the subject here will be extremely enlightening. There are factory options as well as a many aftermarket options, Some of our supporting vendors offer options as well. I chose to go with a Heavy Hitch from heavyhitch.com/ and some factory weights. I use this anytime I have the loader on without the BH. While this works for my situation it may not be best for you so shop around. Stay safe and have fun!!

Yea, I have had others mention this to me as well. My salesman said to get a box blade and it would be plenty heavy enough and it would serve more purpose other than just weight. The box blade is around 350lbs, so I dont think that would be quite heavy enough. Im going to go pick up a ballast box soon.

Thanks for the info and thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
    56FordGuy, Levi and LoneStranger like this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 04:24 AM
    Thanks
    My carry-all from TSC serves as my ballast most times. I've covered it with plywood to allow carrying the Wife around and loading equipment, junk, etc. I put concrete block at the back when I need it. It will pop a wheelie when I take the loader off, so that's about the right loading I would guess. It's my most versatile attachment.

You will love the Tractor. It will transform your property and your life. Enjoy.
    1025R w/rear light kit, 49" H120 FEL, 12" 260 BH, 60D MMM, 2048 Rotary Cutter, BB5048L Box Blade, 50# wheel weights, 4x42#suitcase weights, 5' TSC Landscape rack, TSC modified Carry-All, 42" Titan Pallet Forks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar

D130 JD Lawn Tractor, Polaris Ranger 400, 18' Gator Made Lowboy Trailer,

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast