1026r FEL curl action

Thread: 1026r FEL curl action

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-19-2018 @ 05:50 AM
    Thanks

1026r FEL curl action

Hi experts!

Ran my 1026r FEL for 4 hours yesterday removing about 10" deep of soil for a large brick patio. This was the most FEL work since I got the tractor and only have 13 hours on it.

My limited experience question; when I dump the bucket of removed dirt and then move a bit forward, drop the bucket edge down to drag the dirt pile back and smooth the soil, the bucket does not stay in position. It rotates up and is not locked in the curl position. The only way it seems to work is to put the FEL lift hyd. lever all the forward in the recycle mode and drag that back, yet the bucket still rotates quite a bit. The bucket curl acts like it is on a spring versus hydraulic pressure.

Is this expected behavior or should the hydraulics lock the curl in the desired position?

All in all it was a good day and enjoyed the power of this amazing machine.

Leo

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,560 Posts
    We call that "Floppy Bucket Syndrome." Unfortunately it's a normal thing for these smaller tractors. Here's some good reading on the regen portion of the curl circuit.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    06-28-2018 @ 05:39 PM
    Thanks

FEL Curl action comment

my 1026r with the FEL has an issue that my local dealer says JD knows about and is working on it. The issue is much more noticable when i have the pallet fork attachement on, but when i pull the SCV to me slightly, which is "feathering curl up", the forks will drop slowly. Then if i pull the SCV lever more closer to me it will finally pick up. What is happening is there is a spot in the valving that allows fluid to flow in reverse on the curl up side right before the valving takes over and it starts to lift.
    I also have built a 10ft gin pole attachment for the FEL and when you have 10ft of pole sticking out there with some weight on it the problem is magnified greatly. There is one way i have been able to combat the problem and that is to swap the curl hydraulic hoses so "curl up" is down and "curl down" is up. That configuration does allow me to "feather curl" up but its sometimes confusing when running.
    any other advise on this would be appriciated. Slade

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:17 AM
    Thanks
    First, Welcome Slade

There are 2 "problems" we have been seeing on the H120 FEL, what have been called the "floppy bucket" and the "droopy bucket". As Dieselshadow (Jason) posted, the floppy bucket is on a back drag action where the bucket won't hold tight. I believe there is a DTAC on this, but it seem common on the smaller FEL's.

Your problem of the bucket dropping on a slight curl has been reported to JD and "they are looking for a solution". I have the same issue on mine as well as others. You can read more here: http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...nd-loader.html

The last thing my dealer told me was that his factory rep told him that JD is still looking for a solution. I personally believe it is a joystick SCV issue, and your switching hoses solution probably confirms this. We're all being patient ona JD solution.

Just my 2 cents.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    05-03-2019 @ 02:38 PM
    Thanks
    FWIW, right after I received my 1026 I complained and demod the problem to my service department. They simply replaced the SCV and I have not had the droop since...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HunterWare For This Useful Post:

slade (02-11-2013)

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    08-14-2019 @ 01:37 PM
    Thanks
    I've learned to work with the "Floppy Bucket". I can't say exactly what happens, but it seems as if it is floppy and I just curl in both directions a little it works fine. If it is integral to the design I can live with it.

As far as the droopy bucket, JD called me after my loader survey was received and told me when I take into the dealer to quote DTAC 35065 to have them deal with that issue. This senario I will get fixed because of the safety implecations.
    Workin hard at loafing!
    2012 1026R c/w H120 FEL, 42" Frontier Forks, 6T49 CL Tooth Bar, CL7 Weight Bracket

RC2048 48" Rough Cut Mower, Buhler Y550R 60" Finishing Mower, 60" Frontier RB2060L Back Blade, JD Ballast Box
    Femco Hitch Adapter 2" Receiver, 60" Farm King 3PH Snow Blower, I Match, BB2048L Frontier Box Blade

6' Kodiak Landscape Rake, Braber Equipment PHD c/w 9" & 12" X 48" Augers, HLA 1000 60" Snow Blade

1980 317 L&G Tractor c/w 48" Mower and 48" Snow Blower

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    03-07-2019 @ 08:48 AM
    Thanks
    Is thier an easy way to duplicate this problem to show to the dealer? I'm taking mine in to the dealer to have the park stand changed and hood reinforcement bracket put on. Would like to show them while it is they have it.
    2014 John Deere 2032R
    H130 FEL, 54" Front Blade modded to 70", "Priceless" Artillian 42" pallet forks.http://www.artillian.com/
    I-Match hitch, Ballast Box, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, Rear Blade
    Traded in: 1026R w/fel, 60" auto conn. deck. Great tractor. Will be missed.
    Sold to fil: 445 w/54" deck, snow blade/plow, 3pt. hitch
    Sold to father: JD stx38 Has outrun it's hood.

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-15-2016 @ 06:05 AM
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Brians1026R View Post
    Is thier an easy way to duplicate this problem to show to the dealer? I'm taking mine in to the dealer to have the park stand changed and hood reinforcement bracket put on. Would like to show them while it is they have it.
    Brian,

I'd put the bucket in the dump position, lower it to the ground and then back-drag the bucket. That should demonstrate that the bucket will not remain in the fully dumped position.
    Larry

"Good advice often goes unrecognized until it's too late."

1026R tractor, H120 loader, 60D mid-mount mower, JDiMatch, RB2060L rear blade with hydraulic angling, JD ballast box, 40" hydraulic core aerator, 38" dethatcher, home-made duo screen and several JD hats.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    03-07-2019 @ 08:48 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Brian,

I'd put the bucket in the dump position, lower it to the ground and then back-drag the bucket. That should demonstrate that the bucket will not remain in the fully dumped position.
    I'll give that a try. When I was removing snow, I did that to scrape the drive and it did not give. I'll try it on dirt tomorrow.
    2014 John Deere 2032R
    H130 FEL, 54" Front Blade modded to 70", "Priceless" Artillian 42" pallet forks.http://www.artillian.com/
    I-Match hitch, Ballast Box, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, Rear Blade
    Traded in: 1026R w/fel, 60" auto conn. deck. Great tractor. Will be missed.
    Sold to fil: 445 w/54" deck, snow blade/plow, 3pt. hitch
    Sold to father: JD stx38 Has outrun it's hood.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements