Last Online
    12-02-2019 @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks

Finding new ways to get challenging jobs done with my 1026R

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bucket.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	500.7 KB 
ID:	170370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shrub.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	170378After my third shoulder surgery, I realized it was time to put away my shovel for all but the lightest of gardening and landscaping tasks.
    Thank goodness for my 2012 1026R, which can make seemingly impossible chores a breeze -- almost fun.
    Today I dug and transplanted two small shrubs, planted two more and enriched the soil with a few shovels full of fresh, rich topsoil.
    Of course, I couldn't have done it without my "poor man's front-hoe", the bolt on shovel for the H120 loader that I have used again and again.
    You can even lose your perspective moving stuff around so easily. I dug out one of the non-thriving shrubs and scooped out the hole to make room for the roots on the larger plant and mulch. In one pass, I picked up the bigger plant and put it next to the hole. I climbed off the tractor and thought "let me just scooch this sucker into the hole by hand". Yikes! The plant and that root ball was WAY heavier than it looked.
    In any case, In a couple of hours I was all finished and enjoying a cold beverage and some lunch.
    My dad, who owned a large commercial construction company and taught me to drive a front-end loader and a Case 530 fork lift before I could drive a car, would have been proud!
    Last edited by MrZeeno; 04-26-2016 at 01:51 PM.
    JD 1026R w/H120 Loader, iMatch, Frontier RC2048 rotary cutter,Frontier BB2048 Box Blade, BW15073 Ballast Box, 54" front mounted snow blower.
    JD X310 w/ 42" mower, hydraulic lift, power steering, and rear bagging system
    JD 180 w/46" mower "The Beast"

"Time is luck, and no one owns the future. Go buy that tractor today!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,184 Times in 2,334 Posts
    I love your bucket shovel!

Since becoming crippled up a few years ago my tractor - and mostly my loader - have been a godsend to me. Power wheelbarrow, lift and carry anything between the bucket and forks. While I still have all my hand tools I just can't use them anymore. My tractor has allowed me to stay on my property and maintain it.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 08:08 PM
    Thanks
    I am getting a 1025r for the same reason you got yours. I have a couple of lower back herniated disc and the simplest of task can be back breaking no pun intended ok maybe a little one lol. Now this 1025r is going to do all my lifting and moving.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    04-08-2018 @ 08:08 PM
    Thanks
    Oh yeah where did ya get your shovel I like that

LoneStranger likes this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tim.bergfeld.3 View Post
    Oh yeah where did ya get your shovel I like that

I'd like to know the same thing. We are always wanting to transplant trees that size around here - actually relocate - and digging them up with the loader bucket/tooth bar makes too big a hole.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    06-24-2016 @ 04:02 PM
    Thanks
    Looks like this one. A bit pricey.

http://www.bucketsolutions.com/Quick...FQcKaQodfMEB8g
    Last edited by steveontheridge; 04-26-2016 at 03:42 PM.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,651 Times in 1,502 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrZeeno View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bucket.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	500.7 KB 
ID:	170370Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shrub.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	170378
    Of course, I couldn't have done it without my "poor man's front-hoe", the bolt on shovel for the H120 loader that I have used again and again.
    Thank you for posting this thread. I have often wondered how truly effective these bolt on spades were and if they were practical to achieve a decent end result. Your posting answered those questions. As someone who has had multiple spinal and right shoulder surgeries myself, it is crucial that we become creative with our projects instead of merely expecting to muscle things around as I always did in the past.

Age and experience really can provide wisdom, if only we listen to ourselves and give others reasonable suggestions consideration.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by steveontheridge View Post
    Thanks!

Your link has 2 http://

Bucket Forks, Tractor Forks, Loader Forks by Bucket Solutions

Yeah, a bit expensive, but.....it will slip ove forks!
    Last edited by coaltrain; 04-26-2016 at 03:38 PM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    Thanks!

Your link has 2 http://

Bucket Forks, Tractor Forks, Loader Forks by Bucket Solutions

Yeah, a bit expensive, but.....it will slip ove forks!
    I was shocked when I checked the link! I'm almost positive I paid much less for my bucket shovel when I bought mine although it was in 2014.
    JD 1026R w/H120 Loader, iMatch, Frontier RC2048 rotary cutter,Frontier BB2048 Box Blade, BW15073 Ballast Box, 54" front mounted snow blower.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Thank you for posting this thread. I have often wondered how truly effective these bolt on spades were and if they were practical to achieve a decent end result. Your posting answered those questions. As someone who has had multiple spinal and right shoulder surgeries myself, it is crucial that we become creative with our projects instead of merely expecting to muscle things around as I always did in the past.

Age and experience really can provide wisdom, if only we listen to ourselves and give others reasonable suggestions consideration.
    Thank you for your post and I sympathize with your physical challenges. I'm often frustrated by the things i can't do any more, until I see people who are struggling much more than me. The iMatch has proved to be well worth the investment, although each year I'm having more and more difficulty attaching and removing the PTO coupling on the rotary cutter. I thought about the auto connect, but it's pricey. I am blessed to have my son live near by and he helps me with this task. Fortunately, I only have a couple of acres to mow and only do it once a month. I can also unhook the bagger on the X310 and mow the field that way if the growth is not too tall. What do they say in those ads? Work smarter, not harder? Best wishes to you for the best health possible. I hope you have more success than me managing the chronic shoulder pain. Mine are so barometric that NJ's frequent and colossal weather changes make some days a real struggle.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrZeeno For This Useful Post:

SulleyBear (04-27-2016)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast