Thread: Ordering 1025r TLB

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-06-2016 @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks

Ordering 1025r TLB

Hi all!

Complete Deere Newb! My Introduction

I wanted to post a couple of days before I goto my local Deere and sign the papers to order my new 1025r TLB ... I think it's a pretty decent deal. 23134 MSRP with a 17% Discount, and another 2400 for the 60" MMM with Mechanical lift. I've added things like the guards for the lights on the ROPS and the brush Gaurd ... I'm guessing with the included backhoe the power beyond is part of that package deal? local dealer couldn't tell me positively.

Anything else I should have on the 'must have' order list??

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 06:23 AM
    Thanks
    Yup. The Backhoe runs off of the Power Beyond connections so if you order the factory TLB (aka "FILB") configuration, it comes with the Power Beyond installed.
    Gizmo2 and johnH123 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:13 PM
    Thanks
    Congratulations! I love mine. The brush guard and power beyond are included in the tractor loader backhoe combo. Get some of their polyurea grease, it is recommended and a superior lubricant. Get an extra set of mower blades to keep you moving if you get dull or hit a root or anything. It's not a bad idea to have an extra quart or two of the low viscosity hi guard hydraulic fluid on hand. Get the steering wheel spinner knob! I have worked on mine and my girlfriends 1 series and found the mower spindles had very little grease in them and had to pump many strokes in them before grease began to purge anywhere. Enjoy your new tractor!
    johnH123 likes this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Thanks
    Congrats, you'll love it.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Great!! I'm glad to hear it.

I'll hopefully doing all the paperwork and such Tuesday, whats the normal lead time on ordering to delivery (i forgot to ask, was too excited like a Kid in a candy store haha )

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    You are gonna love your new toy... err... tractor!
    FamilyTradition likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 10:21 AM
    Thanks
    See if you can get the 53" loader bucket instead of the 49". I wish i had done some more research before I bought mine.
    Gizmo2, psrumors and johnH123 like this.
    2014- JD 1025r
    L120 59" FEL, 260 BH, 60D MMM
    66"/54" plow with Artillian extension and rubber edge
    Artillian 36" forks
    JD 550 3PT Tiller
    54" spike aerator
    Fimco 3PT 40 gal boom sprayer
    Trac-Vac 580
    CMP 3PT 60" Dethatcher
    51" Lucknow 3PT rear snowblower
    Omni Transformer 3PT weight rack w/ 2" hitch receiver 6-42lbs weights

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Thanks
    Welcome from Idaho.
    Very happy with my FILB and am often surprised by just how much the little green ogre is capable of.
    I have a couple of acres that was in real need of grading/landscaping (and snow removal). I bought it in February and have used the hoe to dig out numerous stumps and a few trenches. FEL has been used to move a lot of gravel and most recently to backfill the foundation of our new addition. Box scraper was used to rough grade "The Park" area. They really are handy to have around.
    FamilyTradition likes this.
    TheOtherChris
    1890 Farm House and Barn Renovation
    My New 1025r FILB now with 54" MMM
    Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks and seat springs
    Piranha tooth bar
    Hawkline 48" rotary tiller by Behlen Country
    72" back blade by Behlen Country
    42" forks and quicktach frame by Titan
    60" box blade by Massey
    Bomgaar's (by Fimco) 40 Gallon 3ph boom sprayer

There is a fine line between Tractor Nirvana and the Implement Poorhouse

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    05-20-2019 @ 04:24 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 96PSD View Post
    See if you can get the 53" loader bucket instead of the 49". I wish i had done some more research before I bought mine.
    Same here. 49" is OK, but for just a little bump, I think the 53" would have served me better.

Be sure and confirm training on the ENTIRE system. Schedule it early. Have them install and remove everything, then you do it. I didn't and had to learn it on my own.

I had a problem right out of the box with my boom cylinder leaking down. You could watch it fall. Again spend some time with the Shop Guys. Pull all the pins on the BH, drive around. Easier to find issues right there at the Shop. Check the bucket and read up on floppy bucket (and another one, I can't remember).

See if a hard left turn contacts the steering cylinder hose. Have them fix it.

Check the swivel seat and make sure they lube the ball joints. It will probably fail anyway, but it give something to last a little longer.

Make sure you have them install the 3 point. Make sure it is oriented properly. They can leave the links attached to the arms. Some guys have left the Shop without any or all the parts.

When you get home, disable the RIO. Several methods, do a search here. No sense in suffering through it's use.

Get a good grease gun. Have them show you all the grease points. Careful attention to the U joints and sliding splines underneath.

Check all the fluid levels. Trans, engine, radiator, front axle.

Contact your Insurance company. You will need to have coverage and JD on a policy, if you are financing.

If you are hauling, chains are highly recommended. I used heavy straps, and found 2 cut in have by sharp edges. The sharp edges are everywhere and not entirely obvious.

If you are over 200#, get the heavier Seat Springs from Ken's-bolt-on hooks, a vendor here. Get the hooks also and consider one for the BH bucket.

Bring a tape measure and verify the mower deck height. Place it in different positions and measure again. Install and remove the deck several times in different places. Release lever should release with one finger. Latch should click on the first try when installing.

Don't be afraid to utilize these guy's time. You paid for it and they know it. Drive the thing around between each operation they show you. Lets things settle before installing/removing.
    Last edited by FredHickory; 07-18-2016 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Spelling, again
    1025R w/rear light kit, 49" H120 FEL, 12" 260 BH, 60D MMM, 2048 Rotary Cutter, BB5048L Box Blade, 50# wheel weights, 4x42#suitcase weights, 5' TSC Landscape rack, TSC modified Carry-All, 42" Titan Pallet Forks, Heavy Hitch Toothbar

D130 JD Lawn Tractor, Polaris Ranger 400, 18' Gator Made Lowboy Trailer,

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FredHickory For This Useful Post:

Drifterbike (07-18-2016), FamilyTradition (07-18-2016)

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thank you FredHickory!!! There was a ton of Very useful info in that post! I appreciate the time that it took to write that up and I will for sure be ordering the 53" bucket.

Thank you again, very much!
    96PSD likes this.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast