• 4 Post By Smalljob
  • 2 Post By wentonbrown

Thread: ROPS lights and Toolbox reconfigurartion

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Thanks

ROPS lights and Toolbox reconfigurartion

Like many , I have come very close to breaking the ROPS mounted lights on my 2016 1023E. I have the backhoe so moving them inside the ROPS is not an option. I purchased the brush guards, planning to mount them with the lights in the original position. I decided that I did not like it as their height makes them more prone to being a problem.

So I decided to remove the special bracket and mount them lower where I think they originally were mounted on older models. This presented a problem for opening the tool box so it had to be removed, which I was not happy about. Then I came up with a solution that looks like it should work for me. ( time will tell). I moved the toolbox bracket to the front of the ROPS. It was a pretty simple solution. I just had to drill two holes in the mounting bracket and one in the toolbox itself. I wanted to respect the integrity of the ROPS so no holes were drilled in them. If I decide to return to the original configuration it is very easy. Looking at the bracket, you can see the two holes that were recently drilled for this modification.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3437.jpg IMG_3438.jpg IMG_3439.jpg IMG_3440.jpg IMG_3441.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-09-2019 @ 09:43 AM
    Thanks
    Mr smalljob,
    I like your mods. I have a backhoe too. I can't put them inside. I was wanting to get a folding bracket or mount them with the perfect power magnets with a teather so they can just move out of the way.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:33 PM
    Thanks
    Vinson, I also was thinking of something that would fold, like a car mirror. Good idea about the power magnet also. Both options could help avoid damage.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-09-2019 @ 09:43 AM
    Thanks
    Or the use of springs to mount them. Mr John Deere seems to love using springs in building his tractors. They are everywhere plus the mower. Lol
    They just can't be ridged. My property is mostly dense woods. It's only when.... Not if.
    Last edited by Vinson Scott; 07-21-2016 at 03:25 PM.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:18 AM
    Thanks
    I have the backhoe on mine and wanted to keep the toolbox on. I bought the brackets from my JD dealer and raised the lights up. I then used the long bracket that came with the toolbox. I had to drill a hole in the box to slide it forward as I wanted to mount a rear light for night time ops. Now it is out of the way when I use the backhoe and I can easily access my pins and tools I keep in there along with wd-40.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160615_162842_1481505291310.jpg 20160617_172408_1481505439589.jpg
    RandyM and joshn3448 like this.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements