• 3 Post By Symmatree
  • 1 Post By John Deere 1025R TLB

Thread: 1025R backhoe squeal at idle

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-13-2018 @ 11:30 AM
    Thanks

1025R backhoe squeal at idle

So I was in a hurry, and I dug a little hole for brace for a fencepost, without attaching the loader and using it to brace. Now there's a squealing noise from the backhoe at idle, which goes away if I use any of the hydraulics (even just moving the outrigger legs). I noticed the machine shifting some while i was digging - did I bend something important? Any ideas?
    I'm almost at 50 hours so I figure I'll get the dealer to take a look, but it'll be a few days before they can get a truck out, so I thought I'd ask the learned folks here. In particular, do you think it's a bad idea to do a little more work with the backhoe in the meantime? I'd really like to get that fence finished...

Thanks all,
    Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Double check all your hydraulic quick connectors.
    HydroHarold and joshn3448 like this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    It definitely sounds like a hydraulic squeal, not a binding squeal. Check to make sure all the control levers are centered. Maybe one of the them is stuck off center slightly. I spray my BH control valve lever pivots regularly with penetrating lube.
    PS I wouldn't use the BH without having the FEL attached. I don't believe it will necessarily hurt the tractor, although, you have allot of weight hanging on the back of the tractor with no weight on the front. Pulling with the BH will almost assuredly, lift the front of the tractor while digging which can cause an unstable situation, not to mention while driving the tractor, you may end up setting the tractor on the BH with the front wheels off the ground.
    HydroHarold and joshn3448 like this.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ray_PA For This Useful Post:

afulton25 (07-24-2016)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:49 AM
    Thanks
    Welcome from St. Louis.

Just a shot in the dark but maybe check to see if the hydraulic fluid is low?
    2016 1025r TLB, H120 loader with 53" bucket, Piranha tooth bar, Ken's hooks, 54" mechanical lift deck/auto connect & mulching kit, 260 backhoe with 12" bucket, Titan pallet forks, County line post hole auger
    1987 318, 50" deck

Reluctant member of hitting the Rops on the garage door TWICE
    (Gone but not forgotten) 1947 John Deere D, 1984 318, 1985 430
    Stihl MS290 20" bar
    Stihl FS110 Trimmer
    Stihl BR350 Backpack blower

99 Honda Foreman S

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    01-13-2018 @ 11:30 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joshn3448 View Post
    Welcome from St. Louis.

Just a shot in the dark but maybe check to see if the hydraulic fluid is low?
    Thanks everyone!! It wasn't scientific, but I greased everything, tightened the bolts on the valve housing, unmounted and reattached it, and something in that fixed it. I'm also going to figure out how to check the hydraulic level because I never have, and hit to get access to lubricate the lever pivots.

I never use the backhoe with the loader, except this time my wife wanted me inside in an hour, and I thought I'd get away with it. Things flexed a lot more than I was comfortable with, so I shan't try that again.

Thanks again!! I love GTT, you all are so helpful and friendly!!

Seth
    5304, Ray_PA and joshn3448 like this.

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Symmatree View Post
    Thanks everyone!! It wasn't scientific, but I greased everything, tightened the bolts on the valve housing, unmounted and reattached it, and something in that fixed it. I'm also going to figure out how to check the hydraulic level because I never have, and hit to get access to lubricate the lever pivots.

I never use the backhoe with the loader, except this time my wife wanted me inside in an hour, and I thought I'd get away with it. Things flexed a lot more than I was comfortable with, so I shan't try that again.

Thanks again!! I love GTT, you all are so helpful and friendly!!

Seth
    Sometimes things are just a mystery!! There is a dipstick to the right of the accessory hydraulic pump at the rear of the tractor. This is where you check the trans/hydraulic oil. See "A" in the picture below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trans Oil Check.PNG  
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    Sometimes things are just a mystery!! There is a dipstick to the right of the accessory hydraulic pump at the rear of the tractor. This is where you check the trans/hydraulic oil. See "A" in the picture below.
    10 to one the hydraulics were not seated correctly. The wife needs to learn to be patient with her husband or she may be crying over spilled milk and man. Takes two minutes at most to do it right. Don't get killed trying to keep her happy, she will thank you later for that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    OxPath likes this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements