Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree222Likes

Thread: 1025R Stuck in Mud

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-02-2018 @ 08:49 AM
    Thanks

1025R Stuck in Mud

First time poster here. Got my 1025R FILB about a month ago and I've been loving every minute of it.

Unfortunately, I got it stuck in the mud pretty bad and I'm having a tough time getting it out. Hoping someone could offer some advice on how to get it out. It has the front end loader and backhoe attached right now.

I'm also not sure where is a good point to pull from the rear. I see two slots in the frame that look decent (see attached picture with red circle [Note: not my picture, found it on Google]), but is that an acceptable point to pull from? Last thing I want to do is damage the tractor.

Thanks for any help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160722_173238.jpg   Screenshot_2016-07-23-22-00-01.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:43 AM
    Thanks
    First off,

Welcome from New York.

Yeah, it looks like you really got it stuck.

Since you have your FEL and backhoe attached, I would try to either inching your tractor with them backward or forward out of the ruts. It will be a slow process but you can lift the tractor and by curling, inch it forward a bit then lowering and repeating to try and get it free. Wood under the FEL and BH bucket would help stop the sinking if the mud is really wet and soft.

Another method I would try is lifting the front and rear ends, separately with the FEL and BH and placing some wood planks or plywood under the wheels, then backing out. You can also use your BH stabilizers to help lift the back end up.

Your area seem pretty level, so tipping the tractor over shouldn't be an issue, but be careful it doesn't go over.

For me, pulling out would be a last resort, and I'm not sure where the best tow points are either.

Others will be along here to give more advice. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Tomfive; 07-24-2016 at 10:53 AM. Reason: More typing after reading.
    Gizmo2, Levi, Jeff R. and 1 others like this.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-08-2019 @ 05:53 AM
    Thanks
    Did yoo try and use the hoe and the FEL to lift your self out of the mud? As you have discovered these little tractors do not like deep mud/loose terrain because their ground clearance is so low. They are pretty easy to get stuck. I have had my 2210 stuck a couple of times myself, it doesn't take much although your mud hole looks impressive.

What do you intend to drag the tractor out with if that doesn't work? Attaching to the frame some way would be best just make sure you don't pinch a wiring harness or hydraulic line. I would just gently ease it out too and try not to snatch it.

I would make sure someone is on the tractor and it is in neutral with it running. I think it would be easier on the hydro that way and if you need to hit the brakes or put it in gear then you are ready.

Good luck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 10:21 AM
    Thanks
    I would get some 2x8 scraps or plywood to land the outriggers or backhoe on to raise your rear up as high as it will go. Then get 2x8 or scrap wood under the rear tires to float them out of the muck. Then raise the rear outriggers and see if you can use the back hoe to pull yourself back out of the muck, Use the front loader to get the front tires out of the mud . Set the bucket slightly tipped forward to glide up onto the muck as well as you pull backwards.
    Levi likes this.
    2014- JD 1025r
    L120 59" FEL, 260 BH, 60D MMM
    66"/54" plow with Artillian extension and rubber edge
    Artillian 36" forks
    JD 550 3PT Tiller
    54" spike aerator
    Fimco 3PT 40 gal boom sprayer
    Trac-Vac 580
    CMP 3PT 60" Dethatcher
    51" Lucknow 3PT rear snowblower
    Omni Transformer 3PT weight rack w/ 2" hitch receiver 6-42lbs weights

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomfive View Post
    First off,

Welcome from New York.

Yeah, it looks like you really got it stuck.

Since you have your FEL and backhoe attached, I would try to either inching your tractor with them backward or forward out of the ruts. It will be a slow process but you can lift the tractor and by curling, inch it forward a bit then lowering and repeating to try and get it free. Wood under the FEL and BH bucket would help stop the sinking if the mud is really wet and soft.

Another method I would try is lifting the front and rear ends, separately with the FEL and BH and placing some wood planks or plywood under the wheels, then backing out. You can also use your BH stabilizers to help lift the back end up.

Your area seem pretty level, so tipping the tractor over shouldn't be an issue, but be careful it doesn't go over.

For me, pulling out would be a last resort, and I'm not sure where the best tow points are either.

Others will be along here to give more advice. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    Did yoo try and use the hoe and the FEL to lift your self out of the mud? As you have discovered these little tractors do not like deep mud/loose terrain because their ground clearance is so low. They are pretty easy to get stuck. I have had my 2210 stuck a couple of times myself, it doesn't take much although your mud hole looks impressive.

What do you intend to drag the tractor out with if that doesn't work? Attaching to the frame some way would be best just make sure you don't pinch a wiring harness or hydraulic line. I would just gently ease it out too and try not to snatch it.

I would make sure someone is on the tractor and it is in neutral with it running. I think it would be easier on the hydro that way and if you need to hit the brakes or put it in gear then you are ready.

Good luck.
    Thank you both for the suggestions. It's pretty bad mud -- I got slightly stuck and it was getting late so I check the weather, no rain was forecast, so I figured I'd come back to in in the morning...of course it rained about 3 inches within an hour during the course of the night and that's the lowest point of the whole yard. It's basically like quick sand at this point...to the right of the tractor a few feet I sunk down to my waist and had a heck of a time getting myself out.

I've tried lifting both the front and rear with the FEL/Backhoe and putting cinder blocks under but they just sink and disappear. I have 3 cinder blocks stacked under each tire and you can still see the ruts. I really don't know what to do at this point. I have a come along and some tow ropes so I was thinking attach to that and just keep pulling or possibly get an electric winch for harbor freight. Very disheartening situation.
    Levi likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    You'll need to first install your bucket on the loader, then push the bucket, open side level with the terrain, into the ground. Lift the front wheels out of the mud and put woos planks under them. Then curl the bucket up while reversing the tractor in 4wd and different lock engaged.

Rinse, lather, repeat.
    Levi and JKR like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 10:21 AM
    Thanks
    I would not bother with the electric winch from Harbor Freight. The rating is always for free rolling. You being stuck in the muck as bad as you are will probably not budge it, or burn it out really quick. The come along would be your better bet.
    Levi likes this.
    2014- JD 1025r
    L120 59" FEL, 260 BH, 60D MMM
    66"/54" plow with Artillian extension and rubber edge
    Artillian 36" forks
    JD 550 3PT Tiller
    54" spike aerator
    Fimco 3PT 40 gal boom sprayer
    Trac-Vac 580
    CMP 3PT 60" Dethatcher
    51" Lucknow 3PT rear snowblower
    Omni Transformer 3PT weight rack w/ 2" hitch receiver 6-42lbs weights

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 07:30 PM
    Thanks
    It looks really slick, if that is the case then your best bet is to raise the tractor up. I would get the widest, strongest stack of wood I could find under the BH and try to use that to lift the tractor up. The cinder blocks look like a lost cause as they do not displace enough area/provide enough support. Once you get the tractor up then you can start to think about getting more stability under it (more wood) under it. If you have loader ramps for a trailer they might be a good option to try to get some traction under the back tires but make sure they are anchored so they don't get sucked in as well.
    Gizmo2 and Levi like this.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone. At this point I'm going to go get some 2x8's or 2x10's from the local home improvement store and start carefully getting the tractor up out of the ruts using the BH/FEL and then build a sort of "ramp" with the wood to get out of the muddy area. I will report back how it goes.
    Levi, 96PSD and Old Cajun like this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:13 PM
    Thanks
    Looks like te front bucket is on and buried in the muck. I think you will have to raise implements and hand dig ramps behind the tractor, lay down a sheet of plywood and get out the pickup truck to slowly pull it out. I don't think the hoe or bucket will do anything but sink in that muck.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast